Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We're putting in Target Stake Pockets for our Youth Group, Ladie's Group, and Apple Seed,.....We bought a 15 Amp, 65 Lb electric "Demolition Hammer" and went to work with a regular chisel bit last week,......horrible HARD work was all we got.

There's more to do, both on our Competition and Public ranges, so I cobbled this beast up this afternoon out of a standard "BullPrick" and 3 "Twin Tiger" Back Hoe Teeth with their pockets cut back.Just done testing, and gotta tell ya, this is one happening unit.....I mean a HOLE DIGGIN" FOOL ! cool One 'Set", Hammer, pull, and muck out the hole.

Thought there might be some others here that have to fight with Caliche Soils, and that I'd pass it on.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fine looking tool and the welds are great.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Another great idea!

We live in challenging times and places.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know,..that would make an awesome Zombie killer... wink

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Used that repackaged McKay "GP", ....."God Rod".Figured with the tools steel, and cast steel, and old cutting edge for gussets, I'd splurge.

Was damned pleased to get it for $20 Lb, Too. Our local weld supplier REALLY looks after us.

Greg

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
What hole diameter will it cut?
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
get it patented.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At thars one of them Zombie diggers ain't it?

Hows she work?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice!
Man I could have used that when we were living out by Maricopa.
The caliche was hell out there. Made planting my trees a nightmare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
get it patented.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Pull picture

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Looks like your on to something!!!Looks great too.Nice to see that a few people still have a little innovation and use their head instead of their Arse.But then,when you have to use your arse,it tends to stimulate the brain into figuring out that there has to be a better way!!!You did good,congrats to you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the old days, we had Mexicans for diggin holes in Caliche......

grin

Ha! gotcha!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
What hole diameter will it cut?
Mark

This Harbor Freight $400 Hammer is a BRUTE of a thing. I'm going to build a Lifting Framework around it, with a lifting eye,....set it up to hang off of a receiver hitch mounted arm,....Hang the thing off of Bungees, or a little Block and tackle, .....and get back to enjoying life. Runnin' this thing by hand is not my racket,....there's actually only one guy on the entire team that can handle the damn thing.

So,....adapt, overcome, and improvise,...eh ?

GTC

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I use a Pionjar (sp) gas powered rig. What dia hole does your bit drill? How well does it work?
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
get it patented.

BTDT, Roger,.....

No offense, but the signers of the GATT agreement basically SCREWED us out of anything resembling "Patent Rights", back in the very early 90s.

I had a bunch of stuff patented than, some NEAT and innovative tools,.... all of it was stolen, the only recourse being living one's life in Lawyer's offices, and forkin' over hard earned for SLIM to non-existent success.

Hell, I can think up stuff faster than brain dead azzwholes can steal it anyway.

If seeing this helps someone get ahead of a digging problem, I'm cool with that.

GTC

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A wetback on the end of a mexican dragline with a green card hanging over his head will out work your contraption 2 to 1. Plus you get to entertain his senorita while drinking cold cervesa while you keep an eye on him. Once you get the holes dug, you pick up the phone and dial the INS. I sometimes get the idea you way overthink simple things.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I use a Pionjar (sp) gas powered rig. What dia hole does your bit drill? How well does it work?
Mark

I'm getting 7-8" cut in my Ground here, and anticipate same out on the range (where we shot). Looks like the Taper upward tends to eject small rock, out at a proportionate angle, so I may have to rig a guard above the rascal.

On can make the sucker any size, within reason, I'd venture, sure makes a nice ROUND hole, ....

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OUTSTANDING Cross, you are a MOTHER of invention is all I can say.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Looks very functional, Cross.
I built a flat bottom one for tamping sand with the Bosch elec hammer but never needed anything for hole diggin.

In sandy spots (most of this region) you can dig post holes with a leaf blower grin

Originally Posted by AKHntr
A wetback on the end of a mexican dragline with a green card hanging over his head will out work your contraption 2 to 1. Plus you get to entertain his senorita while drinking cold cervesa while you keep an eye on him. Once you get the holes dug, you pick up the phone and dial the INS. I sometimes get the idea you way overthink simple things.

You're defective.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Damn Cross you've got a start/stop on a corner, QC ain't gonna dig that..... wink Cool azz tool for sure. Whatcha calling 'god rod'?

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,745
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.