-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We're officially through the looking glass now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8&ob=av3e

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CNN, the Communist News Network, will push the candidate that they feel will do least well against hussein in the fall. No wonder that they pick Ru Paul as the one...........

Sam......

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Phil's the fat one puts you in mind of the Pillsbury Doughboy on LSD.
=============

Rather bold for a Paulie to attempt the candidate personal appearance attacks.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IT was funny. You can laugh.

Trust me, the GOP won't disown you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Phil's the fat one puts you in mind of the Pillsbury Doughboy on LSD.
=============

Rather bold for a Paulie to attempt the candidate personal appearance attacks.
You anti-Paulists have been making fun of him for like five or six years anyway, is this gonna somehow make y'all step up the insults about his appearance? You really think I care anyway? lol Of course Phil does have that "Command Presence" that only a guy who used deferments to avoid Vietnam could have. A no-shixt officer is made fun of. tff

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Unfortunately,the marine vets yesterday who stated RP has absolutely no command presence is the reality headline.

I guess if Paul comes in 3rd or 4th today, in a state loaded with military personnel and bases,the self acclaimed military favorite and command presence question will have been answered.

Last edited by isaac; 01/21/12.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If Ron Paul had taken his own the advice on improving the delivery of his message that he mentioned during this last debate much sooner (Years sooner..) he would be a more serious candidate today, to a much wider group.

He was so much better in this debate than he has ever been. It was great to see, really. He just isn't going to win, but he can be seen as more legitimate and drive home the best parts of his message, if he is more careful of what he says and how he says it.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oulufinn
If Ron Paul had taken his own the advice on improving the delivery of his message that he mentioned during this last debate much sooner (Years sooner..) he would be a more serious candidate today, to a much wider group.

He was so much better in this debate than he has ever been. It was great to see, really. He just isn't going to win, but he can be seen as more legitimate and drive home the best parts of his message, if he is more careful of what he says and how he says it.
If Paul was the type to say, sit in front of a mirror with his handlers and experts who they had hired, teaching him to lie and not give out tells, like Clinton did, then he wouldn't be the kind of candidate we want anyway.

Those who look to outward appearances and exclude more important aspects of a man will end up with a great liar for their candidate.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
the ability of Paulies to locate and spam intenet polls is legendary.....almost as much so as his inability to win a primary election.

Wonder why nobody's enthusiastic enough about any of the cookie-cutter candidates to do the same for them.

Oh--and you're a Gingrich guy, right? How's he doing in the primaries? At least as well as Paul, isn't he?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Those who look to outward appearances and exclude more important aspects of a man will end up with a great liar for their candidate.

Gotta say Cole, you've been on fire.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Wonder why nobody's enthusiastic enough about any of the cookie-cutter candidates to do the same for them.
========

Ummm...because actual real voters have already done it for them.

Paul up with Gingrich in the polls? Surely,you're kidding!

William Arthur Ward

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I thought the Romney would be doing better than he apparently is, but I believe he is the strongest candidate in the field - he can appeal to the broad electorate.

Last edited by djs; 01/21/12.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
========

I think Barak's referring to the fact that on the two referendums already counted, Paul has beaten Phil like a baby daddy beating a BBW.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae

Thanks, I try to only steal the best materials off the internet and TV. Lately I've been watching a lot of Regular Show.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could get behind Newt/Paul or Paul/Newt, Santorum/Newt or Newt/Santorum or any combination as long as Romney isn't in it.

I'll Hold my nose and vote for Romney even, but if it comes down to a Romney Obama race we lose no matter what.

A small step to the left, I guess, is better than a giant one, but is still the wrong direction -- That's if Romney wins, but I think Hussian beats him.

I can just imagine the Debate over Obama care where Romney criticizes it and Obama says, "Well, I got the idea from you".
Then Romney goes "Humana, humina, gollyiddley gee".

But in reality I expect the GOP to do the same as they did last time and pick the closest thing in the Republican primaries to a Democrat just so we can hope for an R in the White house while we slowly march down the progressive trail a little step at a time.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by oulufinn

If Paul was the type to say, sit in front of a mirror with his handlers and experts who they had hired, teaching him to lie and not give out tells, like Clinton did, then he wouldn't be the kind of candidate we want anyway.

Unfortunately, it is the entire package that is considered by folks who see, and evaluate, the candidates. To just ignore the areas where he is weaker detracts from the areas where he is stronger. This makes his overall effort less effective. That is a shame, but happens to be true.

Ron Paul clearly clearly recognized this, spoke about it when asked what he would change and had possibly the best debate performance of his career.

I find it difficult to see where he is wrong in his self assessment & hope he continues improving his overall performance. We need many of his ideas to be taken much more seriously by many more people. Wouldn't you agree with that?

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
========

Evidently not.

Originally Posted by Barak
Oh--and you're a Gingrich guy,
right? How's he doing in the
primaries? At least as well as
Paul, isn't he?

Did I say polls? Huh. I'm sorry, I meant to say primaries.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

the ability of Paulies to locate and spam intenet polls is legendary.....almost as much so as his inability to win a primary election.
He's won many primary elections. If you mean only presidential primary elections, I'll ask how many Gingrich has won.

don't play the dumbass, Hawk. and actually you're wrong about that too because I think he's only had primary opposition twice in his 43 reelection campaigns down in Lake Earmark....er, Jackson.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae

so you look to mystical insights and ignore what you see? that's a good plan. the whole Paul cult is built around that...it's as much a hope and change children's crusade as Obama's was. Paul is what he is....what you see is what you get. There's really not much there.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He's won many primary elections. If you mean only presidential primary elections, I'll ask how many Gingrich has won.

don't play the dumbass, Hawk. and actually you're wrong about that too because I think he's only had primary opposition twice in his 43 reelection campaigns down in Lake Earmark....er, Jackson.
So, without opposition, wins aren't really wins? Don't you think there are plenty of folks who would have loved to replace him as US Representative from his district over the years but, understanding they'd stand no chance due to Paul's popularity, didn't bother?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,379
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.