Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6073140 01/21/12
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone ever tried it? I'm tired of what the docs are doing with my sciatic nerve. I was having good days and bad days but for the last couple of weeks good days are getting scarce.
I'm tired of pills that barely take the edge off.
Any first hand experience with acupuncture will be greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

M
MJS Offline
M
I am having the same problem now. Tired of not being able to sit or sleep. Tried everything.

I was thinking of trying that next too. I await someone with experience to enlighten us.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had it done to me, 3 treatments, I felt great for a few hours but then same old pain, good old L4-L5, Id try it tho, didnt feel a thing. Than I saw the stickers, he was useing about 4-5 inchs long, with a tends unit!, Ins. Co. would only pay for the 3 treatments, ended up getting cut.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had good results with two recent treatments but it was in combination with good old western medicine. I did have surgery too!

Have you had any epidural steroid injections?

Last edited by supercrewd; 01/21/12.

NRA Life Member
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had good luck with it on a bone spur in my heel. She would hook up a tense unit (SP?) to the needles, after about 5 weeks the pain from the spur was gone. after 2 years it still has no pain.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Bart...I know some folks in the community where I work who have used them and swear by them. The key is finding a good one, having an open mind about the science and being optimistic that there's a possibility that science could work for you.

I always thought it quackery until I saw a old partner of mine pain free after his treatments.

If I were in prolonged pain,such as you have been,and nothing else was working,I'd try anything reasonable to bring a end to the suffering.

What have you got to lose,really?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Aunt has sciatic pain and has been through a lot for it. She had the surgery in the 70s. She gets pain in her knee, down to her foot. She's had it go out, which is kind of scary for an 85 year old. I brought her to the knee doctor the day before yesterday. He feels the problem is in her back and she could have another surgery but she doesn't want it. The doctor gave her a new pill to try called Gabapentin. She tried it the last 2 nights before bed and said her leg felt good. I've got my fingers crossed. I know she's lost a lot of sleep from it. It's not acupuncture but might help.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
My problem started with a nerve block for my last Achilles surgery. The anesthesiologist damaged the nerve in my right butt cheek so it's not a normal sciatic nerve problem.
I need some relief. The pain is starting to become close to unbearable.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rob p
Gabapentin.

I've been taking the maximum dose (2700mg) a day for over a year. It ain't working anymore.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's another thread about this.

After spending $1,000's on chiropractors (no dice) and deep tissue massage (effective if you can afford to keep it up) I bought myself one of those shiatsu machines which I position just beneath and above my hip bone and then along the long muscle that runs up the back. Alternatively I also just lay on top of (acupressure) a wrapped bar of soap (stood on edge) or the big end of my 3-cell Maglight w/ it positioned just above my hip.

Following this, lying down, I bring each knee up to my chin and hold the position for a moment.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never heard of it before 2 days ago. They said it might make her drowsy so she's nervous about taking it. She can take two a day, but is only taking one before bedtime.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes,I have had it and it worked,had a very bad muscle pull-strain in my neck,thought I was having a stroke.Spare tire would not come down under my truck then pop something happened to my neck,but yes it worked for me.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Is it like going to a chiropractor? Do you have to keep going back over and over again?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My wife found an MD who understands acupuncture and got treatments for her knees. She was able to postpone surgery for a couple of years that way.

Be not weary in well doing.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bart,
Sorry to hear you have been having suck a terrible time. I don't know doodly squat about acupuncture, but I hope you are able to get some kind of relief.

It seems medical science causes as much trouble as it fixes.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Has anyone ever tried it? I'm tired of what the docs are doing with my sciatic nerve. I was having good days and bad days but for the last couple of weeks good days are getting scarce.
I'm tired of pills that barely take the edge off.
Any first hand experience with acupuncture will be greatly appreciated.

Bart, sorry to hear of your pain. Sciatic pain is horrible.

My neighbor of 20+ years has Marfan Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder, and is a big believer in acupuncture and has found great relief there.

Worth a try if all else is failing!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Thanks.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Bart,

I use acupuncture in my practice. I have seen drastic relief with sciatica but not in every instance. If it is a nerve root irritation, you may be better with an injection. Feel free to pm me.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I had two sessions in a three week period along with chiro,massage that went on for five weeks,I'm convinced the acupunture helped it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I've had injections in my back and in the spot that is damaged. My last MRI showed fluid around the nerve. I have a nerve stimulator and a battery implanted that don't anything but shock the hell out of me. I have a doc appointment Friday and I'm gonna tell him to remove the stimulator and battery. I'm not pissed enough to call an ambulance chaser but that day might come.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (338reddog, AdamT204, 10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,953
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.