Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good deal.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Let the pipeline be built up to the US border, then on the Montana side build a refinery. Only distribute the fuel to the northern tier of states, anybody else can pound sand.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Let the pipeline be built up to the US border, then on the Montana side build a refinery. Only distribute the fuel to the northern tier of states, anybody else can pound sand.

Since Texas provides about 40% of the nations crude, it's a good thing we didn't decide to keep it down South, huh? You'd have been walkin' across the prarie instead of driving.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No offense intended to you Texans, I just figured you already had enough! Our problem up here is a lack of refineries.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well SD or ND, build one and they will come! Short stop the pipeline to Texas by building one in the Dakotas - if the EPA will give you a permit by 2030!
with respect to Texas refining capacity, family members who live there assure me that increased refining capacity is: No Problemo!
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
No offense intended to you Texans, I just figured you already had enough! Our problem up here is a lack of refineries.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i know this has been posted,but,heard again yesterday on Rush(fri)that they are going to reroute it and obi will have no control,i say bring it we need jobs,oil,gas you name it it can only help

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It will be interesting to see what the profitability picture looks like for importing Canadian crude in, say, five years or so.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The State Department(Billary),will still have control because the pipeline will cross the International Boundary. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Keep in mind that the Pipeline will take several years to build, so it is not a near-term solution. And, US refining capacity is currently operating at 85-90% capacity (you always have about 10% or more of capacity off-line for maintenance and reconfiguring).

Any oil shipped through the pipeline will likely be exported.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canada exports crude to China, or pipe it here and export refined products to whomever. Nah, no difference.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
got the word yesterday to be ready to head to ND in a few weeks.

Welcome to a great place--but you better find a place to live before you come--there's nothing much available.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Roger doesn't need much, as long as it has a heated pool.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Lt. Powell;
Hopefully this finds you and your family doing well this morning Pat, wherever they are. Please send my regards to your son in particular when you're able.

As you can imagine, this whole pipeline thing is generating a lot of airplay and discussion in our part of Canada, as pretty much everyone has someone connected what we call "the oil patch".

The word we hear is that pipelines will get built and oil will be sold. To whom and how much will depend upon the first ones to the table.

Honestly, the whole premise of not being able to manage a pipeline running across flat land, navigable by pickup is a bit of a joke to us Pat.

The other pipeline is going to run the coast mountains - you know the same ones where we hunt mountain goats!

Are there environmental concerns for that up here? Of course there are, but we have the oil, we have the technology and most importantly we need the jobs and resultant cash flow that the jobs and oil sales bring.

While I know that I may sound like I'm sitting here training as a haberdasher of aluminum foil products, I can only see ulterior motives behind Obama's foot dragging on the Keystone project.

Anyway, that's just how one Canuck views the whole deal and I'm most definitely not an expert on it.

All the best to you and yours in 2012 Pat and do stay safe out there.

Dwayne

+ 100

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Roger doesn't need much, as long as it has a heated pool.
that would be nice. not looking forward to freezing my ass but the pay is worth it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Keep in mind that the Pipeline will take several years to build, so it is not a near-term solution. And, US refining capacity is currently operating at 85-90% capacity (you always have about 10% or more of capacity off-line for maintenance and reconfiguring).

Any oil shipped through the pipeline will likely be exported.

Nope...just buy less from the Muzzies and use the Canadian oil.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Also, Venezuelan assets have been seized and the Mexican imports are slowing do to infrastructure deterioration, offshore drilling in Gulf has been all but shutdown and Mid-East oil prices are unpredictable. Then again, what's wrong with American companies exporting a product for profit?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Then again, what's wrong with American companies exporting a product for profit?

Nothing. But how does that apply to this pipeline?

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 2011 gasoline was the largest dollar value export for the US, most of coming from refinieries on the gulf coast going to South America.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"knuckle dragging drop outs, looking for a place to make mistakes, and screw something up"
GEEZ, I think I resemble that... wink

I work for CNRL (conventional oil/gas), which owns Horizon (oil sands/ heavy oil). There was nary a blip from our "higher ups" on Obominations lame decision.

I am pretty sure that this deal is done, maybe backroom done, but done none the less.

We need to get this product you, rather than to China...who is by the way, buying as much oil sands property as they can.

My .02 cents.

Later......

If guns kill people.....mine must be defective.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm currently down in South Texas running survey crews as a project manager for pipeline systems in the Eagle Ford....

I hope that the Keystone will eventually kick off and spread the wealth throughout our depressed country and make us less dependant on the middle east. The added jobs and demand of oil pipline surveying experience can't hurt my pay either... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257robertsimp, 59 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,496
Posts18,509,148
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.