Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
in the market for a shotgun I prefer benelli and wondered if anyone here had used or owned one of the Vinci's or Super Vinci's and could comment regards their likes/dislikes?

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One of my goose hunting partners uses a Vinci. I fired it a couple times and it certainly felt good in my hands. He hasn't had a lick of trouble with it after a couple of seasons now of hard use, and has a pile of Canadas to show for it.

Dislike? The overall lines of the gun leave me cold, but that's just my aesthetics. (Coming from the guy who thinks his 1924-vintage L.C.Smith Longrange Gun is the ultimate waterfowler. smile )

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my buddies just bought a Super. I "helped" him shoot a box of low brass through it. I was skeptical of it breaking down so easily but I seemed to go together very tightly and did not rattle. Overall it shouldered very well and swung well. As gnoahh stated, the aesthetics leaves some to be desired to me as well.

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I just "took one apart" at a gun show. There sure seems to be very little there for $1600+ dollars. Wow the american dollar is worth nothing anymore. I guess you are paying for the technology, but stamped parts and die cut metal ohhh well. I would rather have a 24 inch barreled Vinci but the Vinci model has the fat trigger guard that some say raps their middle finger when they shoot the gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a cut-n-paste from another hunting forum I posted about my son's Vinci...

Right up front, let me get this out of the way � I tried to get my son to buy a Benelli M2. I have two M1S90�s and he could have had that same proven platform in the M2 along with the Comfort Tech Stock and saved about $200 on the purchase price. But he had to have something different than me, something not quite so old school as Dad�s shotgun. As an example, when he bought his Beretta O/U, he bought a different model than I have just to be different� kids - LOL! So far, he loves the Vinci. Honestly we haven't shot it enough yet to give it a real workout. I think he has put about 200 rounds through it on the Sporting Clays course. It handles very well for him and patterns beautifully with a perfect 60/40 pattern. If he misses, it isn't the gun. He loves the gun so far. It does swing well and points naturally for me also. I shoot it well. We're shooting some Sporting Clays and pheasants at a local place Saturday and then we'll be getting it ready for turkey season. I�m shooting my Beretta O/U and he is going to use the Vinci Saturday. We�ll see who shoots better!

With that said I am an old school Benelli M1S90 user with two of them in the safe, so the Vinci was interesting for me to fiddle with. I've owned a lot of various shotguns and this new design is completely different than anything I'm accustomed to. It's new to him so he has no complaints or bias, but there are three things I dislike. First, I have smallish hands and the Vinci is "tall" right where the balance point is making it hard for me to one hand pack it. He is a size bigger than I am, so maybe it won�t bother him. Two, the safety button is in front of the trigger. That is something I really dislike and is a real stretch for me to reach. Many guns are like that and if you become used to it, then it is second nature. I would have to retrain my muscle memory to use that gun fast. And last, the danged bolt handle sticks out about in the middle of the receiver instead of at the front where the bolt/barrel locks together. This is odd placement from where most guns have the bolt handle. Benelli may have put it there because that area of the receiver is kinda tall and they want you to shift your hand forward in front of the bolt handle for that one hand grasp. I don�t like it. With the hand in front of the bolt handle it wouldn�t be too hard to bump the bolt out of battery backwards leaving you with a �click� instead of a �bang� when you need it. When I one hand my M1�s the natural grasping point is right at the back of the bolt handle so your hand is always pushing the bolt forward and keeping it in battery. I�m probably making too much of that stuff and is purely subjective. The Vinci flows to the shoulder and shoots great, so all my petty gripes aren't a big deal really. I wouldn�t let my bias influence anyone too much. It didn�t my son�

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One of my waterfowl crew shoots one and loves it. I have not shot it but I have never seen a shell hang up and the ducks and geese fall out of the sky when he pulls the trigger. All that being said I bought a Stoeger M3500 with a 26" barrel. It has the same inertia system as the Binelli. Now I know that all of the components are probably not up to Binelli's specs BUT, I LOVE THIS GUN! For $599.00 I got a gun in total camo, 5 choke tubes, and a shim kit. Most gun I have ever gotten for the for the money!!!

may all your projectiles fly true!!
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
anyone try a Maxus? Its a few buck cheaper!

J
J
I have a Maxus and it is awesome gun. Super low recoil. It has less recoil than one of my friend's SBEII. It is pretty easy to strip down and clean. It's been 2 season and it still working flawlessly without any problem. With this gun I can shoot heavy 3.5" all day. I have the Stalker version but would love to also own the Hunter version for it's nice wood stock and nickel etched receiver. The Super Vinci is nice gun and I wouldn't mind owning one but it is somewhat kind big and clunky around the trigger area and I could see people disliking it. IMHO you can't really go wrong with any of these guns: SBEII, SX3, Super Vinci, Browning Maxus, and Berretta Xplor UNICO A400 & Extrema 2.

Last edited by John101; 01/23/12.
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes I have two Benelli shot guns but looking at the new Vinci gave me pause. I want to find a maxus and take a look at it. I hate Bass Pro because you can only handle the gun, not disassemble it or try the trigger.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Anybody try out the adjustable stock feature???

If it works like they say it would be great.
I suspect many shooters would benifit in just a bit of adjustment in cast or drop

IC B3

J
J
Just recent got a Super Vinci myself and although originally I did not like the design and more felt recoil it is slowing warming up to me. I might end up becoming my favorite semi-auto shotgun. The build quality of this good is superb.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My first Vinci just completed it's 3rd waterfowl season. I've put around 1,000 rounds thru it and have yet to have a problem. I now own 3. Keep your eye out for used one. I just bought my 3rd one for $850 shipped and it looked brand new.

You ain't about that life.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 56 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,560
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.