Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
two names being pushed as short listers, and referenced in the latest American Rifleman, are really about as awful for gun people as you could imagine:

Caitlin Halligan....whose nomination to the DC circuit was successfully blocked last year, was New York's lawyer in the suits against handgun makers that would have bankrupted the industry had not the Bush administration and Congress killed them off by legislation. Her name is coming up again.

Debo Adegbile, director of litigation for the NAACP and an anti gun zealot who wrote an amicus brief in Heller arguing that there is no private right to bear arms. Nigerian/Irish mulatto, so Obama probably has a special soft spot for this guy.

this is what the election is about. these are the people Obama will nominate to the Supremes and the lower courts, and they'll be there for life.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
This is one of the very best reasons, ever, to make sure a Romney type is not chosen. The recent bitchslap he received is nothing compared to what he would get in November & what we ALL will get if the kenyan 2.0 is re-installed due to the unwillingness of the GOP power brokers to read sign.. Ignore it at our peril.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Seems that if Halligan is not qualified to serve on the circuit court....she would be automatically not qualified to serve on any higher court. Of course there is also the argument that any candidate that can be discribed as "she" is a poor choice.

A MAN named Debo???? OoooooK....whatever you think is "right". opposed the Heller decision, so obviously doesn't have a good grasp of the constitution since the Supreme Court decided otherwise.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"If the Congress and the court say the president is wrong, in the end the president would lose. And if the president and the court agreed, the Congress loses," said Gingrich. "The founding fathers designed the Constitution very specifically in a Montesquieu spirit of the laws to have a balance of power - not to have a dictatorship by any one of the three branches."

How would this apply if Obama got re-elected? Or would it?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have always opined, that as bad as McCain was, he would never have put Sotomayor and Kagen on the Court.
The Rifleman points out that "All our victories, all our rights, all our freedoms, everything is on the line in 212"

They are right. Folks that can't find a pure enough candidate from the GOP this time, are going to help kill America when "exercise their conscience", and don't cast a vote against hussein.

Sam......

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We cannot thank George W. Bush enough for John Roberts and Samuel Alito.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The entire premise and notion that McCain, or Romney are somehow electable is being rejected completely by more and more people. When are those who try to force them down people's throats going to take some of the responsibility?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
As a aside,the S.Ct today denied a motion to have Kagan recused from hearing and ruling upon the Health Care law.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I saw that.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can we be sure that Romney or Newt would not pick someone just as bad?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
We cannot thank George W. Bush enough for John Roberts and Samuel Alito.

Bush didn't pick them the people and the Republicans in Congress pick them. Remember Bush's first pick, Harriet Miers?

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they picked a fairy, would you be down? smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oulufinn
This is one of the very best reasons, ever, to make sure a Romney Ron Paul type is not chosen.

fixed it for you.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Bush didn't pick them the people and the Republicans in Congress pick them. Remember Bush's first pick, Harriet Miers?

a little early to be lobbying for the 2012 KOTY, dude.

did you get a little ballot in the mail there at the home where you got to pick? was Napoleon handing them out?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Take comfort in this: The election is not far away. The Senate will block almost any Supreme Court appointment that Obama makes between now and then.

Be not weary in well doing.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

There are no certainties. Eisenhower once stated that Earl Warren was his worst mistake. You never know how somebody is going to rule on any given constitutional issue, no matter his/her previous track record.

That being said, I'd rather take my chances with a Republican picking the next SCOTUS appointment, especially from a Second Amendment standpoint.

Last edited by Jocko_Slugshot; 01/23/12.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ginsberg had notified Obama that she has not plans to retire this year.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by oulufinn
This is one of the very best reasons, ever, to make sure neither Romney or Ron Paul are chosen.

fixed it for you.

Fixed your fix.

Not an overall RP fan, but someone with a goodly portion of his smaller government positions would be about perfect. His dangerous foreign policy positions skeer me a good deal. Enough to not support him for POTUS, anyway.

Romney is chock full of McCain like fail. Read some sign. It's right in front of y'all.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

There are no certainties. Eisenhower once stated that Earl Warren was his worst mistake. You never know how somebody is going to rule on any given constitutional issue, no matter his/her previous track record.

That being said, I'd rather take my chances with a Republican picking the next SCOTUS appointment, especially from a Second Amendment standpoint.

That's true.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by isaac
As a aside,the S.Ct today denied a motion to have Kagan recused from hearing and ruling upon the Health Care law.

i smell an ethics violation.

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,336 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.