Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah, it sucks when people ask questions on an open forum. Things like "have you actually done what you are inviting people up to do" ain't that hard of a question. Or, how long have you lived in Alaska.

I just hope that if you guys book a "lodge", that your .com buddies send the deposit directly to the lodge. (hint)

If anybody likes to play detective, read off of these two's posts, and see how many inconsistencies you can find, that would make you go hmmmm...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What was somewhat interesting for me, was the mention of compliance with the prohibitions in reference to same-day-airborne regulation, but yet for some of the species mentioned and in some of the areas where those species are found or hunted, it's not applicable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
You know - I've had enough of this. I have more important things to worry about over here without dealing with sourpuss keyboard jockeys too. Bearkiller, if you want to keep wading through the swill it's all yours. I'm taking this thread off my subscribed list and anyone who is actually interested can contact me via PM from now on. Ya'll have a great day.
Good idea Matt.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Your acting like hunting blacktails and caribou requires some kind of special skill.

Well brother, it doesn't, caribou are one of the easiest game animals to hunt and blacktails, well, if you've hunted mulies you can hunt blacktails.

Have you ever hunted caribou Calvin?

Remember when you got all bent out of shape when we called out Bigsqueeze for faking his death? I'm willing to be an azzhole till this plays out. (again)

An almost unmoderated campfire runs on checks and balances. It's an open forum. Hope you are busy reading posts and making up your own mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, show me that post and thread. You can go ahead and be an [bleep], makes no difference to me.

And what in the hell does that have to do with this?

You never answered my question either.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Matt and Bear,

I'll start by repeating that I hope this trip is a success, however I feel like maybe you guys should re-read some of the advice given to you by the so called "naysayers". You're accusing Maverick of a lot of things, but do you understand what he's saying? Here's a guy the makes a living taking 1-2 people at a time into the Alaskan wilderness. Sometimes it's an enjoyable hunt with an experienced person and it's more like 2 friends chasing game. Other times it's nothing short of a miracle that you were able to keep that person from getting themselves killed. If 1-2 people can be an exhausting experience, how do you think 8 people will be?

You said he should give you advice as a guide, but I believe he did.

Secondly, keep in mind the reason people are saying proceed with caution. For everyone one of these outings that are legit, there are 5 other guys using the same thing as a backdoor guide operation. Feel free to ignore us, call us "naysayers" or whatever. But we're trying to help this trip become a success. Everything we've said is based on experience. A lot of Alaska's laws are subjective, so Trooper Valentines blessing means something only if he shows up at your camp. It's common to have 4 troopers look at given situation 2 will say it's legal, 2 will say it's not.

So have fun on your trip, but don't get your feather ruffled because a few guys didn't respond with sunshine and roses. There's been plenty of good advice offered that sadly is going ignored.

Deal with it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
No, show me that post and thread. You can go ahead and be an [bleep], makes no difference to me.

And what in the hell does that have to do with this?

You never answered my question either.

You tend to take sides that ain't exactly correct, and let emotion cloud facts. Read up for yourself and turn off the waterworks. It's all in print, and probably the reason these two good fellas are circling the wagons. Bou, nope. Never had the desire. I've killed a pile of Sitka Blacktails tho.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Calvin, I have been a AK resident since 04 lived in fairbanks for 4 years then moved south. Hunted the permit white mountain herd several times in late feb early march when it was -40 and we did it with snow shoes. I have qualified for the PFD for quite some time, my children are AK born and raised as well. But as for the PFD I never applied for it as I did not see the need.

For those on the PM list for the hunt I will continue to keep you all updated.

Last edited by BearKiller; 01/24/12.

[Linked Image]

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you can't put up that post and thread and you've never hunted caribou? Just what I thought.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i say if u want to get a real guide ....u call him/her in JANUARY ....if the phone call is forwarded..... to some place "outside"....other than "home/AK" ....screw them.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are no guides involved in this hunt, why do people keep bringing that up?

Steelhead

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
and I do see why some of the guides are getting bent out of shape. Seeing 8 possible "hunters" come in for a DIY hunt = 3500+ per person out of their pocket. It's great that a "Pro" guide can take you on that great ol American dream hunt for the low low price of (6500-13,000 USD) for a guided hunt. What Matt and I are trying to do is share out knowledge with some fellow hunters, enjoy a great week in the field and hopefully make some life long friends. I find it funny that people keep calling the "back door guide" flag when in fact I could give 2 [bleep] about the money I want to live my life to the absolute fullest after 3 tours to combat it sure as hell has opened my eyes to giving life 110% and sharing memories with friends as those types of things money cant buy. I just find it a sore sight to see so many jump on saying "it cant happen" or "sounds fishy".. Guess with these new times we are in people always expect the worst.

this will be the final post in this thread feel free to unstickie and lock it. Honestly feels just like the outdoorsdirectory in this thread with all the nonsense and degrading bullshit.

To those who PM'd me I will be sending out a mass message to everyone to coordinate timelines and plans and all those who are involved will have equal say over lodging, hunt type etc.

[Linked Image]

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So you can't put up that post and thread and you've never hunted caribou? Just what I thought.

Hunting a retarded caribou is hardly a test of anything, especially given that I'm a thousand miles from that "action".

I'll hold my cards for a bit, and let the suckers get suckered.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BearKiller

this will be the final post in this thread feel free to unstickie and lock it. Honestly feels just like the outdoorsdirectory in this thread with all the nonsense and degrading bullshit.

haha, those Alaska Outdoors Directory guys weren't as easy to fleece, eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PM's sent, real help offered FWIW.

good luck and thanks either way.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a sore lack of the fire's good natured spirit, camaraderie and willingness to help from some of the posters in this thread.

Lighten up!

There's no intent to commit a crime here. There's been a few faux-pas or mistakes posted but so what. This the planning stage and with the help of the fire these things will be addressed and corrected.

Can you help a brother out? smile

Last edited by fish head; 01/24/12. Reason: I guess it's too late now. Bearkiller is tired of the BS
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
and I do see why some of the guides are getting bent out of shape. Seeing 8 possible "hunters" come in for a DIY hunt = 3500+ per person out of their pocket. It's great that a "Pro" guide can take you on that great ol American dream hunt for the low low price of (6500-13,000 USD) for a guided hunt.

So.. am I reading that you can offer this "hunt" for the price of $3500, for 4 days of hunting with your "knowledge" to guide them? Be ready, your pm box is about to explode with guys wanting to come.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Calvin now you are just being an ass....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sometimes it's an enjoyable hunt with an experienced person and it's more like 2 friends chasing game. Other times it's nothing short of a miracle that you were able to keep that person from getting themselves killed.

What percentage come out alive? If they die do they get a refund? Who keeps the rifle?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
and I do see why some of the guides are getting bent out of shape. Seeing 8 possible "hunters" come in for a DIY hunt = 3500+ per person out of their pocket. It's great that a "Pro" guide can take you on that great ol American dream hunt for the low low price of (6500-13,000 USD) for a guided hunt.

So.. am I reading that you can offer this "hunt" for the price of $3500, for 4 days of hunting with your "knowledge" to guide them? Be ready, your pm box is about to explode with guys wanting to come.

No, your not reading that right, It clearly states that a "guide" may have a vested interest in this thread, because said "guide" could be losing a potential, 3500 out of HIS pocket.

I hope your fishing skills are better than your reading comprehension.

You have zero interest in this get-together, why is it so hard for you to mind your own business?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.