Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
adamrs Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I got the glock 26 a few months ago, and at first, I couldn't hit a 6 inch target at 7 yards, but since practicing a bit, I have improved tremendously. I prefer the feel of the glock, but still like the smoothness and crispness of of my xd's trigger better.

For you guys who have done a little work to your glock's triggers, what are some of the options out there? I have found a couple articles on line, one mentioning using a dremel tool to polish the pieces (I understand its complicated and there is a lot to be careful with) but any experiences smoothing up the trigger or maybe lightening it a pound or so? it has only about 1100-1200 rounds through it, I have heard a little more time can help it smooth out a little as well.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Install a 3.5 lb connector and the GREEN NYC spring, keeps it at 5.5 lb but smooths it up to almost revolver feel. The polishing is VERY dangerous unless you fully understand the workings of the gun. And should be accomplished by hand, not Dremel, 99% of the people that own a Dremel do not belong having it in the same room with a gun!!!!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'd really like a clarification on what makes polishing the internals of a Glock so dangerous.

As for aftermarket connectors, Zev-tek has the best I've tried, before that I was a huge Ghost Rocket fan. I've since decided that overtravel in a combat trigger is not only something that doesn't need to be avoided, but may actually be your friend.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stay away from the striker. Any change in the engagement between it and the sear can cause your pistol to "unload" the mag with a single trigger pull. Kinda like a mini grease gun. Polishing the trigger bar and disconnecter can be helpful. The lighter sear spring can cause trigger reset problems when the gun starts getting dirty. Remember, polishing doesn't mean removing metal or changing angles....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You've gotta get a Glock trigger under two pounds to have the "full auto" experience, you ain't gonna get their with just a Dremel and red rouge, anyone who says so is FOS.

No one said a word about changing angles and you ain't changing no angles with a buffing wheel and rouge, unless maybe you sit there for two weeks solid and go at it.

IC B2

A
adamrs Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I was only thinking of polishing. I have heard you have to be careful with the edges... but the flat parts you can polish a little. Just something I have heard about and am nervous to do actually, so that's why I ask. I have thought about getting a new connector, I will look at that a little more.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Glocks are fine right out of the box. If you use it as a defensive handgun, leave it box stock. In some jurisdictions, reducing the trigger pull can be an argument against you by the prosecutor in a manslaughter trial. ~65% of police agencies in the U.S. issue the Glock and don't take kindly to the troops tinkering with it.

Personally, I like either the issue 5.5 lb spring or the 7.5 lb NY spring in a defensive pistol.

If the pistol is ONLY going to used on the range and not employed defensively, lighten it up, but don't carry it. if you do intend to carry it, keep it box stock, buy a couple of cases of 9mm ball and take lessons on how to improve your shooting skills from a competent Glock instructor or school.

Last edited by Winchestermodel70; 01/29/12.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I'd really like a clarification on what makes polishing the internals of a Glock so dangerous.

Folks with Dremels can EASILY over do on the connecter and trigger bar and end up with non-functioning or full auto guns.

The striker should not even be on the radar.

And folks with light trigger fingers can cause guns with 3.5 connectors do the double & triple burst thing regularly without even trying. Had a female NYC Transit cop do just that with a 17C at the range here one day and surprised the crap out of her. Especially since she was used to the NYC trigger set ups.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Lone Wolf 3.5 lb Connector is a good one as is the Scherer.

Old cat turd!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Terry, I've had all my Glocks given the 3.5 trigger connect and NY trigger treatment. A Glock armorer friend of mine does the polishing as well (by hand, as you say, he doesn't touch it with a Dremel). I find it's a much cleaner trigger pull, without the annoying stock Glock "sproingggggg!!!" trigger feel.

He also installs the marine striker, which makes me no never-mind, but in case I ever have to go into battle against a rogue ex-Navy SEAL in underwater battle, I'm ready.
laugh

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, he is doing it right. I have been a Glock armorer since 1998 BTW. The procedure he and I use are the UNOFFICIAL recommendations of the Armorer school instructors. Of course the factory will not endorse such as they are in the bidness of selling Glock Perfection! smile smile

And yep, it gets rid of the "satple gun" feel of the stock trigger.

Old cat turd!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by T LEE

And yep, it gets rid of the "staple gun" feel of the stock trigger.

THAT term describes the feel EXACTLY! Thanks T!

To me, that Glock-stock staple-gun feel is as bad as fingernails on a chalkboard to other people. The NY spring and 3.5 trigger connect makes it go away like magic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, makes it almost feel like a D/A revolver IMHO.

Old cat turd!

A
adamrs Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I have heard that messing with the trigger can open an unwanted can of trouble with the law at some point as well in a case of self defense, and for that I was wondering more of cleaning up the feel more than anything. the glock 26 which I carry will stay untouched then. I plan on replacing my xd 45 with the new xdm 45 or the glock 21 if I could decide how to fix up the trigger. That would be the home defense / apocolypse? Would you guys suggest not fiddling with a home defense gun as well? (it could be a good excuse to get the 17 as well for a dedicated range tinker gun)

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
adamrs, the NY trigger connect job Terry describes is actually used by a ton of PD's around the country. In my hands guns so altered are more accurate and faster for followup shots. Most guys I've trained with on them have found the same. It does NOT make the Glock any "less safe". And FWIW, I doubt if one in 50 detectives investigating homicides in America would be able to tell you've had work done on your Glock, should you shoot someone and have your gun taken into evidence.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket

And yep, it gets rid of the "staple gun" feel of the stock trigger.

THAT term describes the feel EXACTLY! Thanks T!

To me, that Glock-stock staple-gun feel is as bad as fingernails on a chalkboard to other people. The NY spring and 3.5 trigger connect makes it go away like magic.

I've heard of that combo for years but have yet to try it. Any ideas on what it'll actually weigh?

A
adamrs Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I shall play with the idea. Also, I have just made the decision to go ahead and get the G21 as well, I am wondering though, the differences about the G21 SF and the Gen 4. Some one last night at cabelas mentioned the gen 4 to not be as reliable, that it was having feeding issues. My whole idea of glock is "perfection". At least in the department of reliability and the record of the gen4 has made me nervous. Any body had experience with the gen4 g21?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Install a 3.5 lb connector and the GREEN NYC spring, keeps it at 5.5 lb but smooths it up to almost revolver feel.

Terry:

Is this something that can be safely done by the owner? Or is that asking for trouble?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All you need is a pin punch and 1/8" flat blade screw driver. It is simple replacing of the parts.

You take out the current connecter and push the new one into the housing. The stock spring looks like a screen door spring that you unhook from both ends and the NYC spring is a modular unit that snaps into place in the hollow under where the original spanned, it only fits one way.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by adamrs
I shall play with the idea. Also, I have just made the decision to go ahead and get the G21 as well, I am wondering though, the differences about the G21 SF and the Gen 4. Some one last night at cabelas mentioned the gen 4 to not be as reliable, that it was having feeding issues. My whole idea of glock is "perfection". At least in the department of reliability and the record of the gen4 has made me nervous. Any body had experience with the gen4 g21?

The SF simply stands for shortened frame, the grip is a tad narrower front to rear than the standard frame. They all have the same inner workings. DO NOT listen to gun shop commando's or counter clerks, check with a gunsmith or armorer.

Old cat turd!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.