Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
This could get interesting.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washin...e-training-combative-veterans/52794974/1

Police get help with vets who are ticking bombs

WASHINGTON � The Justice Department is funding an unusual national training program to help police deal with an increasing number of volatile confrontations involving highly trained and often heavily armed combat veterans.

Developers of the pilot program, to be launched at 15 U.S. sites this year, said there is an "urgent need" to de-escalate crises in which even SWAT teams may be facing tactical disadvantages against mentally ill suspects who also happen to be trained in modern warfare.

"We just can't use the blazing-guns approach anymore when dealing with disturbed individuals who are highly trained in all kinds of tactical operations, including guerrilla warfare," said Dennis Cusick, executive director of the Upper Midwest Community Policing Institute. "That goes beyond the experience of SWAT teams."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not only disturbed vets, also the gang bangers who can use their combat experience when they get back on the streets.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The current administration is more afraid of returning veterans, Tea Party members, people who think the government is too big, Second Amendment supporters and conservatives in general than they are of genuine terrorists.

The focus on returning veterans is politically motivated and way out of proportion to any actual threat:

http://www.infowars.com/war-on-terrors-new-targets-veterans-tea-partiers-anti-fed-activists/

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pat85
Not only disturbed vets, also the gang bangers who can use their combat experience when they get back on the streets.
i dought that there are many gang bangers that went to the war front

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Pat85
i dought that there are many gang bangers that went to the war front

The Army has a larger gang membership, then you may realize.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
they gonna bring out them robocops.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ft. Hood.

It's name says it all. Gangsters rule and MP's cower down in their little cubby holes. The MP's will not come out after dark and will not enter the gangland turf of the housing areas of the Army's finest. Everyone needs to understand the reality of what is happening in our Army today.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AKHntr
Ft. Hood.

It's name says it all. Gangsters rule and MP's cower down in their little cubby holes. The MP's will not come out after dark and will not enter the gangland turf of the housing areas of the Army's finest. Everyone needs to understand the reality of what is happening in our Army today.

hell, bro, that chit was happening some 40 years ago. otherwise why would barracks guards be needed. are we locked into a slow-time condition?

don't get me started on Ft. Hood MP's at the Division and III Corps level. they mean well, but hell, they have a career to protect. grin

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
With any luck hussein can declare martial law also.For all of our safety of course.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we need someone like the Gingrich, the Dr. Paul, the Santorum or the Romney Himself to re-establish command and control of the military in this Nation.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He gets re-elected and we won't get rid of him..ever.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
He gets re-elected and we won't get rid of him..ever.

Oh yeah, we will.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There is actually a story that has run on the history channel about gang bangers joining the military for the purpose of getting combat experience and learning tactics. They also showed gang graffiti in Iraq. very disturbing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There is also a video out there of a criminal who had received advanced tactics training from the military using it against the police. I can't remember for sure, but I think 1 or 2 cops were killed in the encounter.

I for one would never besmirch the reputation of any of our armed services, or those that have gone and done their duty. But that does not preclude a conversation on what is a real and serious problem.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 01/29/12.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's something happening here,
What it is ain't exactly clear

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's a man with a gun over there
Tellin' me I got to beware

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
There's a man with a gun over there
Tellin' me I got to beware

Jus gimmee 3 steps tawards tha doe laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I heard the same crap after Vietnam. As it turns out vets commit less crime than the general public.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Well the crowd cleared away
and I begain to pray
as the water fell on the floor

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Well the crowd cleared away
and I begain to pray
as the water fell on the floor

when they pulled dem from tha flo, Leroy look like a jigzaw puzzle wit a coupla pieces gone

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.