-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
What's the best source of common Pedersoli parts these days, Gentlemen?

You too, Don.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe some outfit by the handle of VTI, or maybe check with Cherries

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Don, after quite a few years sitting on the shelf, I dug out the 38-50 "Badgersoli" project,....this was the one that Chip gave me, it was a rather rude attempt at a rim fire conversion as received. I just sorta' let the Stockmaker run with the ball, and we didn't get to concerned about "Original" or "traditional",....Hell when the subject of a buttplate came up, I grabbed an original early 1700's FOWLER piece, and threw it his way....

[Linked Image]

I do kinda' wish the Stockmaker had listened a bit about "A very English Cheekpiece",.....as you can see, his rendition is a bit BIG. Oh well, it's REALLY nice Treebone wood, specced /selected for STRAIGHT grain v. "Figure". The checkering is VERY nice,...."Toothy" as it were.

[Linked Image]

I'd originally kitted the thing out with an over weight .375 barrel (shown loosely fitted),.....to set up in that wicked
.38-50 Rem Hep ,.....but that was years ago, and I'm not really playing in the Silhouette game all that much. I've got a Badger, custom profiled, Tapered Octagon to round in .458, and figure that I'll spool it up as a 35" .45-100, instead. Can you say Wasserberger Mile Rifle ?

[Linked Image]

The last time I bought anything from Cherry's they were pretty spendy,.....there's a few little odds and ends that got hacked on , during the previous Smith's "Rimfire Conversion",...The Link, a spring or two, and the extractor. Not that I can't make em', just being a bit lazy, I guess. Thanks for the VTI lead, I'll let ya'll know what I find. This is going to be a NICE rifle, when completed.

Regards,

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greg looks real good. Especially if you take the belt sander and the shoein rasp to that cheekpiece and get it down to a decent size,,,, or gone...
That English Fowler butt plate looks kinda neat there.
I don't know but you might check with Track of the Wolf on pedersoli parts, and I wouldn't hesistate to contact Jeff's Outfitters either.
Looking forward to seeing the project when it's all done and running.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I checked around, those little buggers cost more than good whiskey....I WILL be making those small parts,....

That or fitting some C.Sharps pieces.

Don't tell John eek

GTC

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well get busy on the thing lets see what she can do all dressed up with her good skirts and makeup on.

www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
prolly running by April, Lord willin'

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like that Treebone wood, Greg. Nice stock all the way 'round....except the cheek-piece.
45-100 sounds like an alright choice too.

Later....

If guns kill people.....mine must be defective.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 270cowboy, 160user, 257_X_50, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.