-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You gotta think like a Native American to sneak up on 'em....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You are channeling Chief Dan George from Jose Wales again laugh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They made my horse surrender...got him pullin' a wagon in Kansas, I'll betcha.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Knew it wink
Good thing I stopped you when I did, you might have killed her....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
....I coulda missed........

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
now you're really showing them pale faces something.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
M7300SAUM: you can kill bigger deer than those ( though those ARE representative of size in the south) with a .223...

A more northern doe..

[Linked Image]

And oh, look...even a buck...

[Linked Image]

And antelope...

[Linked Image]

Have you any pics to post of deer etc. taken with a .223...?
Do you have any pics of the deer that you wounded and failed to retrieve? I have the same number of hero pics of the deer that I shot with a 223 that died. The last time that I shot a 223 was 1969/70 in RVN I gave my apology to the individual that I offended and have no doubt that deer can be killed with a 223. I just choose to hunt them with bigger stuff as do most hunters. End of story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Do you have any pics of the deer that you wounded and failed to retrieve? I have the same number of hero pics of the deer that I shot with a 223 that died. The last time that I shot a 223 was 1969/70 in RVN I gave my apology to the individual that I offended and have no doubt that deer can be killed with a 223. I just choose to hunt them with bigger stuff as do most hunters. End of story.

Makes my life much easier when the dicks show themselves like this....and they've been dropping like flies lately.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Makes my life much easier when the dicks show themselves like this....and they've been dropping like flies lately.

You're so free to throw the insults. I'm sure you're just a keyboard tough guy with nothing backing it up.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

You're so free to throw the insults. I'm sure you're just a keyboard tough guy with nothing backing it up.

Ooh. I love threats.....especially internet threats. This is fun! What are you wearing right now?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.223 loaded with 55gr. TBBC at 60 yards

[Linked Image]

Lowly .22 Hornet loaded with 45gr. Nosler Solid Base at just under 100yards.

[Linked Image]

Appropriate bullet and shot placement yields results. wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Do you have any pics of the deer that you wounded and failed to retrieve? .... I gave my apology to the individual that I offended and have no doubt that deer can be killed with a 223. I just choose to hunt them with bigger stuff as do most hunters. End of story.

a) Never lost a deer to the little gun ( and Im at almost 50 "found" now...)

b) Little touchy...?

Steelhead was right about you...

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by weagle
Survey of 2 freezer deer. 139yds and 265yds Barnes 55g tsx through the shoulders.

[Linked Image]
Why on earth would anyone shoot those baby deer???? And then post a picture of it! Talk about giving hunters a bad reputation. There is no excuse for this unless you are starving to death. I just can't understand something like this.

Not sure where you hunt Sir but in most of the south those are nice size does. Heck, in central Texas their big'uns...
I've never hunted in Georgia or Texas and if those are representitive adult does then I apologize to the gentlemen who took them. I have hunted deer in Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota and those deer look very small in my eyes. Like I said. If those are the size class of deer that you are hunting, a 223 is more than enough cartridge for the job. Even if the hit is not perfect. Again, based on what you are telling me of the deer size in those states I do owe weagle an apology.

For more perspective I have been weighing every deer shot at our place for the last 7 years. The largest buck taken (and he was a giant) weighed 157 lbs on the hoof. More typical are does from 85-110 lbs (the largest doe in this same time was 130 lbs another GIANT)and bucks from 100-130 lbs.

Now these are free range non-protein fed wild deer, the ones in the high fences places get much larger but they are basically pets around here IMHO.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP
Now these are free range non-protein fed wild deer, the ones in the high fences places get much larger but they are basically pets around here IMHO.

We have antelope on our place like that (basically pets) that I could never shoot. I know some around us get landowner permits to shoot them....but I just couldn't do it. They're pretty wiry, anyway. Not much meat on the bone.......because of the drought. They just look at you when you're walking or driving by.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it's a perfect elk and brown bear round. If you keep your shots under 800 yards, that is.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

Ooh. I love threats.....especially internet threats. This is fun! What are you wearing right now?

No threat. Just telling it like it is, and what others say about you.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. You are great at humor! Re-read the thread.......Sybil.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

We have antelope on our place like that (basically pets) that I could never shoot. I know some around us get landowner permits to shoot them....but I just couldn't do it. They're pretty wiry, anyway. Not much meat on the bone.......because of the drought. They just look at you when you're walking or driving by.
Originally Posted by LBP

257, are you in West Texas or the panhandle?

I was thinkling the goats have probably had it rough too...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FOsteology
.223 loaded with 55gr. TBBC at 60 yards

[Linked Image]

Lowly .22 Hornet loaded with 45gr. Nosler Solid Base at just under 100yards.

[Linked Image]

Appropriate bullet and shot placement yields results. wink
What kinda rifle is that in the second photo ? NEF single shot ?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wow. You are great at humor! Re-read the thread.......Sybil.

Deleted what I said. You and some others aren't worth my time.

I'll just ignore you from now on.

Last edited by Mauser_Hunter; 01/29/12.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 12savage, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,171
Posts18,523,652
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.