Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
So, one of my 2 1/3 year old daughters is in the hospital and nay need surgery. My Mom (our usual babysitter) is out of town visiting with her sister who's in Hospice care, I have a job interview tomorrow and maybe Wednesday a couple hours away. Wife's staying with the daughter in the hospital, so I'm takin the other 2 1/2 yr and 11-month old with me and dropping them with my sister for the interview. To top it off, my retirement from the Air Force is Friday, and I still got some stuff to get together for that.

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hang in there, it will get better. Prayers for the little one as well.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Kiddo made it through surgery just fine. She'll be recovering in the hospital a few days. Got a call on a job, that if it pans out, will start almost immediately after my retirement, and I won't have to move. Still have the other interview in the morning, too. An encouraging end to a really stressful day!

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hang in there. The end to all this is near and you will be on your way.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's a parents worst nightmare having kids go through things like this, it's great to hear she made it through surgery ok. Just a matter of time now till she'll be running rings round her dad again.
Just as an aside it may pay to mention in the interview that your daughter is in hospital but recovering well, it'll reflect well on you and your work ethic.

Good luck with the interview and the other job.

The original international turd
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm home from Mexico tomorrow, need any help?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kiddo made it through surgery just fine.

The important part turned out fine. Glad to hear it.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by maarty
It's a parents worst nightmare having kids go through things like this, it's great to hear she made it through surgery ok. Just a matter of time now till she'll be running rings round her dad again.
Just as an aside it may pay to mention in the interview that your daughter is in hospital but recovering well, it'll reflect well on you and your work ethic.

Good luck with the interview and the other job.

This kid was born with serious medical issues, which have mostly been corrected. She'll be fine, but it'll take a few days of recovering. She's still in the PICU for now. She'll probably still be in for my retirement ceremony Friday, which will kinda put a damper on the festivities.

On a brighter note, though...I got the local job! Starts Tuesday...how's that for timing?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Thanks for the offer Drummond, but I think I have it under control. I left the other 2 kids with my sister in Loveland and will go back up there and pick them up tomorrow afternoon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang happy here that things are working out for you and the little one is doing well!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good, glad it looks like things are going right for ya. Congrats on retirement and finding a job. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glad it worked out. Prayers continuing for your daughter.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GREAT NEWS all the way around Sir. I LOVE happy endings.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ShootDogs
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Thanks for the offer Drummond, but I think I have it under control. I left the other 2 kids with my sister in Loveland and will go back up there and pick them up tomorrow afternoon.

I am in Windsor which is minutes from Loveland so if you need anything at all please let me know. I have a doctors appt at 1 tomorrow and I'm free the rest of the day

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well, retirement went well yesterday. Daughter's supposed to be discharged tomorrow, and I start the new job Tuesday. Glad that week's DONE!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And life WILL get better. Congrats on all and thank you Sir.

Old cat turd!

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well she was supposed to be discharged today, but they wanted to make sure she didn't need the IV, so were going to keep her overnight and release her in the morning. This evening they noticed some infection in her surgery incision, so she'll probably be in a few more days.

Thank God my mom lives close and can watch the other two while the Missus is at the hospital, or I might not be able to start the new job Tuesday.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.