Print Thread
Hop To
Page 860 of 1,842 1 2 858 859 860 861 862 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It's true Tom. I've done a a lot of pike fishing year round and it is my own personal opinion that jan-feb is where you see the most pike with the tender mouth issue.

It can really effect the bite, In these months I like to make sure we have some soft dead bait hanging under the ice for them because they might not feel like chewing on a tough live sucker minnow.

Into later march I find more sharp toothed hungry pike than any other month of the year.

If you research it you will find all kinds of bold statements about it being true or not being true.

I don't know how to put a scientific spin on it but I can tell you I've seen it and I've come to understand that it is a real thing what ever the cause.

And because of it, early ice pike bite can be awesome, mid jan through feb can really slow down and later march is generally awesome again.

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
yeah, it was a long time ago I read that and I sure couldnt tell you where or if it was a good source.

I do know that I dont think I have ever see them in the summer sans teeth, but I dont do much winter fishing (unfortunately).

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Well, b'gawd, now ya went an' done it. Flushed me out of the shadows with all this talk 'bout toothless pike, don't ya know?
I swear (occasionally) I learn so much strange and unuseful (if that ain't a word, it oughta be) info on this site that sometimes I shudder ta think 'bout how dumb I was 'fore findin' this band o' merry Norsemen on the 'fire. Keep da smarts comin' boys. I'll stack 'em right next ta all the gems I'd already lerned 'bout whizin' off the camp porch for maximum distance, biuldin' ice shacks that look like they were coated in toasted Stay-Puff marshmallows, the names of machines with tracks and uses known only to those aforementioned merry Norsemen an' a few Eskimoes and, my all-time favorite, the pronunciation, composition, preparation, ingestion AND digestion of ........................Lutefisk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whew, this here was a tough post ta type. I had ta turn off spell-check ta type a few a' da words. I guess nobody helpin' in the dictioniary industry ever come across the word lutefisk. Spell-check didn't like it no way, no how.

Well, this is ol' Raystown signin' off from the land where blond hair comes from a bottle, not DNA and water only freezes in the refrigerator's ice maker and the vegetable crisper drawer.

Salut!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RaystownRon
'bout whizin' off the camp porch for maximum distance

Why at my camp, I'm known as "The herd bull".

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, b'gawd, now ya went an' done it. Flushed me out of the shadows with all this talk 'bout toothless pike, don't ya know?
I swear (occasionally) I learn so much strange and unuseful (if that ain't a word, it oughta be) info on this site that sometimes I shudder ta think 'bout how dumb I was 'fore findin' this band o' merry Norsemen on the 'fire. Keep da smarts comin' boys. I'll stack 'em right next ta all the gems I'd already lerned 'bout whizin' off the camp porch for maximum distance, biuldin' ice shacks that look like they were coated in toasted Stay-Puff marshmallows, the names of machines with tracks and uses known only to those aforementioned merry Norsemen an' a few Eskimoes and, my all-time favorite, the pronunciation, composition, preparation, ingestion AND digestion of ........................Lutefisk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whew, this here was a tough post ta type. I had ta turn off spell-check ta type a few a' da words. I guess nobody helpin' in the dictioniary industry ever come across the word lutefisk. Spell-check didn't like it no way, no how.

Well, this is ol' Raystown signin' off from the land where blond hair comes from a bottle, not DNA and water only freezes in the refrigerator's ice maker and the vegetable crisper drawer.

Salut!

Ron

You're welcome!

Lol!!
grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
........................Lutefisk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally me a spell-check agree on sumthin'!

Salut!

and I think you mean.......skol!

Last edited by Pointbock; 01/31/12.

Support your local brewer.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is one hell of a post, in so many ways. Thanks.

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Raystown, I applaud the effort that it took to write that thing! Darn funny ta boot!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Salut!

Ron

Ha...Now dat's FF! Tanks for makin me smile like heck Ron! grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
yelp, yelp, yelp....GAAAAAAAAARRRRoobble, oooobbbble, ooooble!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I'm at mom and dad's tonight and thought I would log in.

I'm going up north for a wedding reception and dance this weekend. Thinking about going up Friday to see the cussins and maybe crash on their couch for the night.

Oh by the way I start online classes next week. I will be taking a 12 month course on dog obedience training. I will be able to train dogs for hunting, K9, etc. I'm pretty excited about it and I love dogs.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ray, you are one damn funny guy! Best post I've read in a coon's age on the 'fire.

BTW, that lutefisk is damn good stuff. Don't you think otherwise!

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
About time Ray. Good to hear from you.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
yelp, yelp, yelp....GAAAAAAAAARRRRoobble, oooobbbble, ooooble!

Got my tag yesterday, April 18th - 24th.

Good luck with the classes Muffy.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You got the week before me. Save a bird or two for me will ya? I usually apply for the "C" time slot. I've had the best luck in that one. The coveted "A" slot is probly my least lucky one. I've been snowed on, froze out, poured on, wind blown out of the woods....everything I can think of. I did get a Jake one time in a mini blizzard on the A time. I see the season changed to a whole week now too. Good for you retired guys. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Muffster. A new business for you maybe? That training will come in handy at Chickenbuck too. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
Well I'm at mom and dad's tonight and thought I would log in.

I'm going up north for a wedding reception and dance this weekend. Thinking about going up Friday to see the cussins and maybe crash on their couch for the night.

Oh by the way I start online classes next week. I will be taking a 12 month course on dog obedience training. I will be able to train dogs for hunting, K9, etc. I'm pretty excited about it and I love dogs.

You can take that big white dog of ours, train him up good on something, then keep him.

LOL!

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Haven't been around much for a while. Hope to spend more time here in the future. See everyone is busy buying guns, boats, snow machines, etc. Not much has changed. laugh
Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I would personally like to thank Dave for buying that snow machine, cuz we ain't got no damn snow....and I like it. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
havent even had the snowblower out once this year.....nice.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Page 860 of 1,842 1 2 858 859 860 861 862 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.