Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a B92 in 44mag that I just bought . I love it and plan to use it in a bow stand for close shots. While shooting at 50 yard targets it seems that everything groups to the right. My question is, do I try to slide the rear sight to the right or to the left to adjust correctly? It is driving me mad because in my mind I can see both ways making sense? My gut tells me move it to the right....at least that is my answer in these last five seconds? Also - is there a trick to adjusting them or do I just "knock" it over one way? Thanks for any help you can bestow.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If it's shooting to the right, move the rear sight to the left or the front to the right.

Think of it as if you have the sights lined up perfectly on the target and it hits to the right, then think of which way to move each sight to line up with the spot you hit. Moving the front sight to the right would get closer to the line the bullet took and so would moving the rear sight to the left.

Think soft when moving sights. Use a brass punch and a soft anvil to lay it on. I use a lead ingot for an anvil and a brass screw that once held a toilet to the floor for a punch. Cut the head off the screw chuck it in a drill motor and cut a point on it with a file.

kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Idorado, thanks and of course you are right. I had someone trying to help adjust that for me a while back and got nowhere. The sight wouldn't budge. So, this time I put a drop of Kroil on the sights keyway and let it sit a minute. Then I placed a fairly wide screw drive on it, gave it a whack, and it moved. It took another whack or two at the range but I am in WAAAYYYY better shape with that rifle now. I don't see me taking a hundred yard shot but inside 70 or so I ought to be in great shape which is what I need it for. I am FINALLY confident with the consistency and accuracy. It is a beautiful little rifle and has just become more so to me. Thanks again.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 56 invisible), 1,939 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,902
Posts18,498,139
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.