Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
...you can take for example you wife to visit Europe and to have a hunt for yourself in that country....

visiting and have a hunting trip in the same time smile

GB1

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Hello born good idea. They will spend a lovely vacation along with hunting .

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by born_wild
For a wild boar hunt in Romania you can use shotgun an rifle
....recommended minimum 7mm caliber .
most used rifle caliber is 30-06 and fot the shotgun 12

sorry for my late answer ,

are you tented to come for a hunt in Romania ?

No..

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Born Wild:

What animals other than boar are available? Of those other animals, are there any horned species or just antlered species? What other Slavic countries or Eurasian countries are you familiar with, in terms of hunting opportunities?

Maverick

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Positioned in the south-east of Central Europe, Romania has a temperate continental climate and a varied relief, which is laid out concentrically and gradually passes from the high altitude of the Carpathian arch, to that of the hills, plateaus, plains and meadows, to the area of the lower flow of the Danube River and the Black Sea. The surface area of Romania's hunting stock is approximately 22.5 million hectares, of which forests make up 6.3 million hectares. In this true natural paradise characterized by a remarkable bio-diversity, over 20 species of mammals and 50 species of birds that are of interest to the hunt, make up numerically stable populations, with healthy specimens which are completely wild. Romania is the place in which the wealth of fauna, long hunting tradition and the picturesqueness of nature make each hunting party a memorable event.
As I felt your question , I think that you could be interested in roe deer , red dear ,chamois or mulfon....this are "horned" animal that live here
The first 3 are very well represented here , form the first 20 world records for chamois 11 are from Roumania , including the world record !
We also have world records for red deer...and if you give me your email address I can send you the photo from this autumn with the next record ...around 16kg for red deer !!!!
The brown beers are well represented to...here they have the biggest density !
...so Roumania is a true hunting paradise....:)

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Born Wild:

Yes, Romania is a hunter's paradise. Greece is another and of course, a lot of the Eurasian countries are hunting paradises and certainly the biodiversity of Russia contains supreme hunting paradises as well.

I am quite impressed with the 16kg red deer stag. That is truly incredible. Sixteen kilograms is a lot of antler mass. I'm sure it's an awe-inspiring trophy.

The Carpathian District of Romania, Moldova and Ukraine has always fascinated me and of course, the Danube River has diverse historical significance.

I've always wanted to explore the region surrounding Chemivtsi and Bistrita. What is the price of a fourteen day trip in that region and, is it easier for an American to enter at Kyiv or Chisinau or Bucharest?

Maverick

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Maverick ,

We had an american client for a chamois hunt , after the end of the trip he become our friend . If you want an opinion about Roumania i think he will be glad to give you same ideas .
Is very easy to come to Romania ,and true...Moldova is a special area... He was impressed by the long time history that we have here, you can see churches from around 1600 year and a very traditional culture still . In Bistrita we have contacts and you can hunt red stag in autumn ....in the lower part of Moldova we have hunting area of 30000 ha. Here you can hunt from may row deer and begining with august ...birds.
If you decide in what kind of hunt are you interested , a exact period so I can tell you what you can hunt in that time ,and if you want to visit the monastery of Moldova , I can make you an offer .
If you want to read something about this area I can send you also same links .
I can also ask this american friend if he agree to have a chat with you if you are interested.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, akpls, 12 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.