Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Met and talked with mr. Jamison at SCI. Seemed like a decent and personable individual. Haven't seen much in the way of written pubs lately. Wondering if because of the WSM stuff he might be an unmentionable?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I always liked his writings and saved several old magazines that I read now and then. I am sure it has something to do with his silence.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do a search. There are volumes of posts on this topic in the archives.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I never trust a man that keeps such a perfectly manicured mustache as he.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
N
NFG Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I don't trust men OR women who have wild hairs growing everywhichaway...under their noses, IN their noses, ON their noses, inside and outside their ears OR anywhere else on their faces...shows poor personal hygiene and probably other BAD habits.

What has facial hair have to do with what's between your ears?

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He is always welcome. The trouble is, he's hanging out with Elvis in Reno and has no time for us.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good Post Steve! I've been wondering about E.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
De nada, Se�or Marea Carmes�.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
Met and talked with mr. Jamison at SCI. Seemed like a decent and personable individual. Haven't seen much in the way of written pubs lately. Wondering if because of the WSM stuff he might be an unmentionable?

Rick lives locally, I met him in one of the local gun shops a few months ago, I also found him decent and personable, I told him I missed his articles an asked him if he would have more in the future?, he said "they" want him to come back and write but he said he didn't know weather he would or not?
I didn't ask him why?, I would like to see his writings in the future.

ASE master certified engine machinist
Truck tech
REDNECK!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick was one of the more important technical influences on my early hobby career in shooting and handloading. Others have more than made up for the void he left, but I'd gladly read his stuff again if it came around.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Rick was one of the more important technical influences on my early hobby career in shooting and handloading. Others have more than made up for the void he left, but I'd gladly read his stuff again if it came around.

Well stated.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Tony
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Well stated.

Allways enjoyed him as well,he wrote well and easily read. Magnum man

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
One thing I always remember about Rick is he was a huge proponet of the 22-250. I was too at the time, until I discovered the 220 Swift! Ha!

Anyway, I really miss Rick's articles. Would love to have a collection of some of his more popular writings. Hope he returns to writing.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He was never arrogant which has become all too common with gun scribes these days. "I have hunted them X many times", "I have been shoitng the YYY for XX many years", "I have been doing that for X many years". Who gives a [bleep]? Just write.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was never arrogant which has become all too common with gun scribes these days.

yep

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The whole lawsuit against Winchester over the WSM's would have made it pretty hard for the Major shooting magazines to employee him. He got bashed pretty bad here for it as well.

I read quite a bit of his stuff and liked it.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Rick did a good deal for the industry itself in my opinion.

He was the guy I read the most of when I was starting in shooting, and I'd be reading again if he starts again.

Either that or he should go to work for Hornady - hell they've made more new cartridges than any rifle maker... and ya I know that Hornady made them with a gun maker or two, but not all of them.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He was never arrogant which has become all too common with gun scribes these days. "I have hunted them X many times", "I have been shoitng the YYY for XX many years", "I have been doing that for X many years". Who gives a [bleep]? Just write.

Especially that JB guy, always going on and on about himself, cant even figure out what the article is about half the time! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NFG
I don't trust men OR women who have wild hairs growing everywhichaway...under their noses, IN their noses, ON their noses, inside and outside their ears OR anywhere else on their faces...shows poor personal hygiene and probably other BAD habits.

What has facial hair have to do with what's between your ears?

and you are a "smoothie" shocked

Sam......

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
He was never arrogant which has become all too common with gun scribes these days.

'Ya think..Some writers think there holier than and it is totally impossible anyone else knows what there talking about,regardless of experiences.

Rick Jamison and Brian Pierce remain at the top of my book.Brian is not afraid to write about an old timer that just does it and don't brag as in his Sourdough Ed article ending it with:

It's hard to argue with success.

Jayco

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 117LBS, 57 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,985
Posts18,480,987
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.