-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have no clue what's going on there nowadays as I don't keep up with it much but I've been using Burris stuff for quite a few years and never needed their customer service. I have an old FF II that's been put thu the wringer, if it dies tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a thing, my aging eyes like the standard plex at dark. I'd take that scope anywhere.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Found a decent deal on the 3-12x44 Sig Select. Anybody have experience with one? What do they compare to?

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here's the scoop, Burris is making the Steiner Binos and their Tactical scopes(Predator & Tactical). Beretta gave the orders to drop the Burris binos and Sig Select line since Burris is making the Steiner binos. The FullfieldIIs are selling well and the Sig Selects were not, but may come back in another name or form in a couple years.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a Black Diamond and I never could see any difference in the quality with my eyes. So I been running the FF II's for years now.
I wonder if the counterpart Pentax (Lightseeker?)will drop theirs too.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well after I have had several nightmare encounters with their customer service I vowed to never buy a Burris again. Now even if I would buy a Burris they don't make anything I would buy. Don't get what their deal is. They used to have a very diverse product line including offerings no one else had. Wonder if Burris is not on the way out. With all the contract optic companies in Asia I think it will just be a matter of time. Soon Burris will be nothing more than a name on a import.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by gorskij
Does anybody know why Burris dropped the Signature Select line of scopes? And now they have another line of "Tactical" scopes, the MTAC line, they look pretty nice.

wondering the same thing. What's wrong with the signature select

KAG Offline
Well I have a couple of FF2's and like them even though they are sitting on Savage 17HMRs.

I just purchased a 1-4x24 MTAC and so far I absolutely love it. Very solid, very clear, good eye relief. I will be buying more of these as I am pulling all my high magnification Nikons off my AR15 varmint rifles that I use for predator hunting and going with these. I wanted quick handling 2 eye open shooting optics, it works for me.

Last edited by KAG; 01/27/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a decent scope if you could get it for the right price..but I sure do hate bad customer service. Makes me waste a lot of time to get something done.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Alex38
Found a decent deal on the 3-12x44 Sig Select. Anybody have experience with one? What do they compare to?
I have had a 3-10x40 Sig Select on my .300 WSM for about 5 years. I haven't had a single problem with it. Performance wise I would put it between the VX-II and VX-III. My 2.5-10x44 Euro Diamond with the 30mm tube that's on my .270 WSM is a little better. The larger objective and tube just lets more light through IMO.

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was told by Josh that the Sig Selects werent selling like they used to, I replied you have to make em to sell em, I never see any of them in the Gun stores, Gander, Cabelas, etc, used to but not lately. Maybe the FFIIs were just selling so much better that Beretta decided to end it, though Josh did say they might be back in a couple years. And like I said before, they are making the Steiner scopes now.
http://www.binoculars.com/rifle-scopes/rifle-scopes/steinermilitaryriflescopes.cfm

Last edited by gorskij; 01/29/12.
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wow, I didn't even know Steiner was coming out with scopes. Course it was news to me that Burris was making their binoculars as well. I think I do remember hearing that Beretta owned Steiner.

I agree with the "you have to make em to sell em" statement and I wouldn't expect any closeout specials since you just can't find them anywhere. Checking all the sites like Natchez, Optics Planet, and midway it seems like Beretta made the decision a while ago, decided against letting them go close out, and decided to just not replenish their stocks.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just wanted to give an update. Natchez has the 3-12x44 sig select on sale for $359 so I ordered one a few weeks ago. Put it on my 7RM Ruger Hawkeye. To my eyes it is a very nice scope, especially at that price. Clarity is excellent and the adjustments were right on. I would put it on par or slightly above my current generation Monarch, and not too far below my Meopta Meopro. Thought some of you might be looking for a nice deal on a nice American made scope.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.