Print Thread
Hop To
B
blynyrd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
So I need a 99, or 1899 since my '01 model has begun to develop the cracks in the corner of the reciever behind the bolt. frown

I have this steel 14 point non typical buck mount that I'm almost done with. It's for sale.

It's a full scale skull and rack. 14 point, 9 & 5 non typical. Modeled after the deer in the pics. It's got a 21" inch spread.

I've still got to make the neck vertebrae and a wall mount plaque of some kind.

It's also going to get some love from the angle grinder to taper the joints and tips on the rack as well as smooth and clean up the skull. It'll end up with a rough textured shine from 60 grit abrasive wheels.

I was wondering if anyone of you'ns might want to trade a shooter quality 1899 or 99 for it. I'd retail this thing for the same range as a decent shooter that's lost its collector value, whether it's a refinished model with slings studs and extra holes or a bastard put together from different donors, or the like.

I'd love for it to be an 1899, and would really like it to be a 30-30 but 300Sav would be fine too. I'd like to stay with the easier to find chamber sizes for the ammo, since I don't reload (yet).

I know I should put this in the classified section but I figured I'd start here since you folks will more likely have the rifle I'm looking for, which is a functional shooter, ready to hunt with a good bore. Decent optics would be a bonus, too, but really I'm more concerned that it be a reliable rifle ready to hit the woods and get us some more racks to model.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by blynyrd; 02/09/12.

-Brian-
Whatever you do, do well.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is a first!

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
B
blynyrd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by ROMAC
This is a first!

Yeah I'm kind of curious where this thread will go or if it will tank.

If anyone is interested I could also build a similar one to their specs. For example if you've got a picture of a deer I can loosely replicate the rack so it's "your" deer in metal.

shoot for the right rifle I'd make a full on custom gun rack with the mount on a free standing rack with uprights made like these trees.

Or for a super nice gun I could make the whole deer skeleton. But that'd have to be more gun than most folks would probably want to swap. A week or more worth of work easy.

Attached Images
0206121643web.jpg (44.83 KB, 84 downloads)

-Brian-
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Oh my Gosh....I think I am excited! But I gotta ask: Why post here?

B
blynyrd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by wisconsin99
Oh my Gosh....I think I am excited! But I gotta ask: Why post here?

I figured since it's where the Savage guys hang out. Should I not have? My apologies if so.

-Brian-
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we get all kinds on here ,,welcome to the fire ,,least you are up front on what you want and are offering ,
little weird or different but what the hey.mabey you'l get laughed at ,mabey not,one thing is certain your metal sculpting takes a lot of work ,and thought,patience ,

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
PM sent!

God is pursuing you America ---turn around!
B
blynyrd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by norm99
we get all kinds on here ,,welcome to the fire ,,least you are up front on what you want and are offering ,
little weird or different but what the hey.mabey you'l get laughed at ,mabey not,one thing is certain your metal sculpting takes a lot of work ,and thought,patience ,

norm

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah this is probably not the most normal post here.

I honestly don't know what to expect but it can't hurt to try.

I run a small steel job/fab shop and the stair/rail/gate business has been a little slow so I figured I'd try some metal art and see if I can sell it.

Which led to the plan of what to do with the bounty if it sells. Which, of course, led to the need for a 30-30 to replace my cracked '01 C model.

So I figured why not try to trade it and cut out a couple of steps. Besides it'd be easier to make my wife ok with a trade versus the purchase of a rifle.

(Makes perfect sense to me.) laugh

-Brian-
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hanging that thing on the wall would give me cyborg whitetail nightmares !!!!! grin grin 300 savage hell, get out the 458 with solids ,and listen to the ring when i score a kill !!!!!! all kidding aside ,looks like it would fit right in with the bone collector series!! Don

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That is refreshingly cool! I hope someone takes you up on it.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the "twilight zone" eyes and the hanging tongue make the whole thing. Some vivid imagination right there. grin grin

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blynyrd
Originally Posted by norm99

norm

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah this is probably not the most normal post here.

I honestly don't know what to expect but it can't hurt to try.

I run a small steel job/fab shop and the stair/rail/gate business has been a little slow so I figured I'd try some metal art and see if I can sell it.

Which led to the plan of what to do with the bounty if it sells. Which, of course, led to the need for a 30-30 to replace my cracked '01 C model.

So I figured why not try to trade it and cut out a couple of steps. Besides it'd be easier to make my wife ok with a trade versus the purchase of a rifle.

(Makes perfect sense to me.) laugh

Spoken like a real rifle loonie! Good luck.

LOL
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
That would be just way cool on the hood of my truck. Ceracoat it gun metal grey, red led eyes... Better than the measly dowser buck I had on my grill guard one drive home.
I have no 99 to trade. I do have a Savage 77 shotgun. Ceracoated black with gun metal grey and a Savage vented "Sav-Choke" I'd swap. Excuse my description, I worked all night, just spent two hours bucket loading out the drive ways, and took some pain and sleep pills washed down with a beer. Offer still stands though. It is a short barreled shotgun, but meets atf laws as the choke is permanently attached with hard solder. The stock is dark mahogany stain. The weak link of these was the slide to action bar link. They loosened up and failed. Cured on this one. I made a new link and soldered it in place.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
B
blynyrd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by corelokt
That would be just way cool on the hood of my truck. Ceracoat it gun metal grey, red led eyes... Better than the measly dowser buck I had on my grill guard one drive home.
I have no 99 to trade. I do have a Savage 77 shotgun. Ceracoated black with gun metal grey and a Savage vented "Sav-Choke" I'd swap. Excuse my description, I worked all night, just spent two hours bucket loading out the drive ways, and took some pain and sleep pills washed down with a beer. Offer still stands though. It is a short barreled shotgun, but meets atf laws as the choke is permanently attached with hard solder. The stock is dark mahogany stain. The weak link of these was the slide to action bar link. They loosened up and failed. Cured on this one. I made a new link and soldered it in place.

I'm tempted but really am in the market for a deer rifle. Anything else that you might trade?

-Brian-

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 21, 47 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,372
Posts18,527,387
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.