Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
On the table is a ban on internet/mail order sales, flavored cigars, walk in humidors, touching and smelling cigars, as well as other hidden/uncertain measures. Note the senators listed in the foxnews link. Yup, big shock, the same useless democrats that want all of your other freedoms and liberties taken from you. The old line of "its for the children" bullshit has become the most tiresome way of pissing on your leg and telling you its not raining.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/12/09/fda-regulation-could-doom-cigar-shops

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/16/senators-call-for-fda-ban-on-flavored-cigars/

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like they wanna stop the flavored blunt smoking more than any thing( hence pot smoking)....NY already sucks our tabacco taxes are so high here I can mail order a whole box for what 5 or 7 cigars cost locally
I doubt this gets any legs as big tabacco lobby and southern states will pitch a big enough bitch

I bet if Clinton was still in office there would be no talk of outlawing cigars whistle

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I hear ya. But I think this goes beyond just ""candy flavored" cigars "marketed" to kids. But obviously that's way FEDZILLA always sells it initially.

And semi related, I still use the governments name in extreeme vain every time I pour gas from a 5 gallon tank into my tractor.

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they can make people suffer from sinus conditions in order to "save" us all from the plague of Meth, why not regulate cigars that cause lung cancer too? I'm not for it at all, but nobody seems to give a chit that psuedoephridine is no longer strictly over-the-counter and people with sinus conditions for the most part, don't have control over getting them whereas you can choose to smoke or not. Again, I'm not for it but maybe if we were a little more particular about letting them regulate every aspect of our lives this wouldn't be on the table.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
If they can make people suffer from sinus conditions in order to "save" us all from the plague of Meth, why not regulate cigars that cause lung cancer too? I'm not for it at all, but nobody seems to give a chit that psuedoephridine is no longer strictly over-the-counter and people with sinus conditions for the most part, don't have control over getting them whereas you can choose to smoke or not. Again, I'm not for it but maybe if we were a little more particular about letting them regulate every aspect of our lives this wouldn't be on the table.

Cigars are regulated. Minors are not allowed to buy them. Just like liquor, if a store is selling to minors, it's the local law enforcements problem, not congress'.
As for the problem with buying psuedophridine vs cigars, as far as I know, you can't manufacture meth from tobbacco. You still don't need a perscription for sinus meds, you just have to buy them face to face. Kind of like back in the good old days. Remember once upon a time, you couldn't even pick up your own groceries. grin

Never appeal to a mans "better side", he may not have one.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is my understanding this will be the new Cigar Czar.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might as well have doctors prescribe sinus pills.
It'll give them something to do once obamacare kicks in other than twiddle their thumbs.

And I say if little kids want to smoke cigars, sell it to them.

Fda ain't nuthin but an advertisement agency for the pharmaceutical companies. Another agency that needs shut completely down.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If you inhale cigars lung cancer is possible. For pipes and cigars one usually "mouths" without drawing in to the lungs.

Moot point for one who deals with allergic asthma now, but cancer risk (as it says on the label) is to mouth and throat.

Nightmares and so on can be expected like those not used to chewing tobacco -- also, sit down and relax vs. working with one hung in one's lip like a cigarette.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
".. the same useless democrats that want all of your other freedoms and liberties taken from you. The old line of "its for the children" bullshit..."

They will tell us any lie they think may work but their goal is to 'take care of' the little people' of all ages, not just kids. It seems to be in their gentetic code that they should be recognised as the 'master race' and the rest of us should be their docile drones.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The federal government is a runaway collection of nanny state zealots willing to save you from yourself and taxing you in the process.

This week its been, cigars, kids home prepared lunches and new car smells. Its rather stunning that all the cautionary language on birth control drugs gets a pass but little Sally better have a vegetable in her lunchbox!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatme99
[You still don't need a perscription for sinus meds, you just have to buy them face to face.

Depending on where you're at, not true. Municipalities in Missouri are requiring a doctor's prescription and they're trying to get it to be a statewide law. No matter how much bitching we do, I bet it becomes a law shortly as well. Read an article in the paper yesterday about the push for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Second hand smoke is bad for children.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So is eating chocolate.

So is swimming.

So is riding ATV's.

So is.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Define "bad".
Originally Posted by Mako25
Second hand smoke is bad for children.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think you're missing my point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think what's bad for children, in fact the very worst of all, is their being raised in an overly regulated nanny state environment.

No good can come from it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheesy
[You still don't need a perscription for sinus meds, you just have to buy them face to face.

Depending on where you're at, not true. Municipalities in Missouri are requiring a doctor's prescription and they're trying to get it to be a statewide law. No matter how much bitching we do, I bet it becomes a law shortly as well. Read an article in the paper yesterday about the push for it.

Holy crap, I hadn't heard of this.

Never appeal to a mans "better side", he may not have one.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that list is five of the most obnoxious, nanny-state leftist idiots in the Senate. junk science, to protect the chirren....typical liberal health Nazi bullchit.

I put up with the light bulb thing, so far, but if they come after my cigar shops or my cigars, it's time for the torches, pitchforks and ropes.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Longbob
It is my understanding this will be the new Cigar Czar.

[Linked Image]

Wrong orifice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Holy crap, I hadn't heard of this.
I'm not an expert on this but I could have told you the exact same thing Cheesy did. I'll add that if Missouri is considering it, you can pretty much figure it has already been done in other more restrictive states. They already regulate how much you can get in a given period. They regulate how much you can get in a year, at least in Kansas.

Besides that, if I am down with a bad cold or one of my kids is, I don't give a flying [bleep] if some meth head is making his dope out of sinus medications. I don't anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 160user, 73 invisible), 3,297 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,748
Posts18,514,626
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.