Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is VERY kid friendly.
I will likely have my kids with me this year. My son is 7, and my daughter will be 5 by then. The folks I have met are really great.. even that one fella that wore the pink flannel and the toe shoes.

I am really looking forward to this again this year.
Some bait pictures from last summer for folks:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What ever happened to that looooooooooooong thread with beaucoup photos from the 2011 Quemado Lake get-together?

Lotta good "bait" there!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jpb - it certainly is a very long trip, but I sure hope that you can join us. We would do our very best to make it worthwhile for you. Please keep us posted, especially if you need sleeping accomodations, etc.

If you come to the campfire, add about 145 or 180 driving miles from Albuquerque to Q, depending on choice of driving route.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thomas is correct. If the nature of the gathering were not kid friendly, I doubt that most of us would attend in the first place. Most likely we will do some grand shooting of various sorts, and the shooters are very safety-minded about all around them. Nevertheless the parents/kids need to be savvy about firearms and safe behavior around the shooting - and parents need to extert the proper safety controls. Kids just add to the fun.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken,
Spot on! Thats the after-party photo thread.
Man what a good time it was, and what a good time it will be again.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
jpb - it certainly is a very long trip, but I sure hope that you can join us. We would do our very best to make it worthwhile for you. Please keep us posted, especially if you need sleeping accomodations, etc.

If you come to the campfire, add about 145 or 180 driving miles from Albuquerque to Q, depending on choice of driving route.

Many thanks! I have always been treated well when I was in the US (one New Jersey immigration officer and a would-be robber in Detroit being my only exceptions!).

I have never been to NM, so in addition to meeting many Campfire members, it would quite a new area for me.

Given all the borders I would have to cross, I think I would leave my guns at home in Sweden and hope you fellers could let me use one of your noisemakers! grin Sure would like to see Greg's cannon in action too -- they never let me play with canons in Canada nor Sweden. frown

John

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jpb
� Given all the borders I would have to cross, I think I would leave my guns at home in Sweden and hope you fellers could let me use one of your noisemakers! grin � Sure would like to see Greg's cannon in action too -- they never let me play with cannons in Canada nor Sweden. frown

I'll have my 12-inch-barreled Tauruses � .22, .357, .44 � and my engraved .44 Redhawk there for shootin 'n' droolin' as well as a few rifles available on request (mainly a few .22s, including a Kimber of Oregon with a low one-digit serial number).

Let a Campfriend have my Contender carbine with seven custom 20-inch barrels last year. He may be willing to have it there if he still has it.

Problem is that I won't have any ammo for any of 'em. Several other guys will certainly have a few shootin' arns to share, as well as enough ammo to lend voice to mine.

I hope that you and our Albuquerque buddy can drive down from ALB together.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
JPB, there will certainly be plenty of noisemakers to let you use!

As to ammo, I'm sure there will be plenty of that, too. I will bring .22 & .357 for Ken's revolvers, someone else will have to cough up some .44 as I graduated to .45LC a long time ago. grin

Add in a few long guns, other short guns, and we'll have a great time!

I'm looking forward to the gathering, including the pulled pork!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed I just got my butcher here to start bringing in some nice seasnoed pecan wood chunks...
I might need to run a shoulder or two in the pecan smoke before Quemado... you know just to make sure it ain't poisonous... grin

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well, I certainly understand your caution. No telling where those pecan chunks came from!

Please post pics of your efforts! grin

I have to be at a training conference all week before the gathering, so I won't have room to haul a load of pecan, but will bring a stick or two as an "offering" as I did at Greg's place.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
� I'm looking forward to the gathering, including the pulled pork!

That stuff's gotta be good gnawin' 'n' chawin', but since the guys know that I don't have any teeth and can't swallow, they don't let me have any to suck-on and spit out � so I'll hafta depend on somebody like you, jpb, to be there to enjoy it for me!
laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
JPB, there will certainly be plenty of noisemakers to let you use!

As to ammo, I'm sure there will be plenty of that, too. I will bring .22 & .357 for Ken's revolvers, someone else will have to cough up some .44 as I graduated to .45LC a long time ago. grin

Add in a few long guns, other short guns, and we'll have a great time!

I'm looking forward to the gathering, including the pulled pork!

Ed

I can probably load up some .44 mags, although I'd defer to Ken as to what he wants loaded in them. grin

My 350 gr load in the .480 Ruger will certainly get your attention, should a .44 not be sufficently vigorous. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm getting PM and e-mail inquiries about accommodations in Quemado, and have two wee bits of information that should be on this thread for the benefit of those who're wondering �

� Google "largo motel quemado new mexico," and you'll find several on-line sources of information about the Largo.

� I have two good single beds already available and hope to have the clutter (or enough of it!) cleared out of one of the back bed rooms to set-up my double bed.

Those who were here earlier know that there's no boozery in Quemado, so they know to bring their own beer 'n' booze.

edited to add �

Nobody's name is on either of these beds yet � so it's first-come-first-served
� except of course for the first one who hollers ahead of arrival.

I hope to have a forty-foot shipping container (www.codsllc.com) in my yard by then. If you have a cot, mattress, or pad, bring it along and plop it down!

Even if by then I have all the clutter moved out of the garage, guest bed room, and school bus into the shipping container, there'll still be a lot of floor space left over (with my junque on shelves along one wall). And I have several OFF bug-repellent candles for when it ain't raining. Heck, I might even sleep out there myself, especially on rainy summer nights, with the doors open! I do so love the soft murmur of AUDIBLE rain on the roof and the smell of rain in the yard!

And fresh air any time, of course! Maybe I'll dream that it's a hunting camp!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My life has been a health crisis whirlwind of late, but If healthy enough can I still come? Have a hankering to ride my ugly KLR650 down, but I have CCW's for all states en route, and a scabbard for the bike as well. Might stick the 'ol 416 Rigby aboard for the trip for any who think they would like to try her out.

Still open for late coming hopefuls?

I will be travelling on the cheap if I come so probably will HAVE to put a bedroll down in the metal building. Same one I will sleep on en route, probablly cannot do that ride in one fell swoop.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
safariman - Still wide open for you and all, so if there is any way you can get on down here in July, do it. Aside from it being a fine occasion on which to meet and get to know you in person, your travel here (especially on the bike) certainly would signal that those illnesses are way in the past. Welcome that !!

Don't worry about a place to lay your bedroll - that will get well covered locally. And, if we know your route (would assume through the Blue to Boise, SLC, Moab, Cortez, Gallup and Q) and where you will need to stop enroute, we maybe can find a friend with a bed for you and a shed for your bike.

If you choose to bring your wife, I know a couple of lovely gals that would enjoy sharing time and putting her up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
My life has been a health crisis whirlwind of late, but If healthy enough can I still come? Have a hankering to ride my ugly KLR650 down, but I have CCW's for all states en route, and a scabbard for the bike as well. Might stick the 'ol 416 Rigby aboard for the trip for any who think they would like to try her out.

Still open for late coming hopefuls?

I will be travelling on the cheap if I come so probably will HAVE to put a bedroll down in the metal building. Same one I will sleep on en route, probablly cannot do that ride in one fell swoop.

That would be pretty cool if yoou can make it. smile If not longest drive to attend, perhaps you'll get longest drive on a motorcycle smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way I feel right now, sleeping all of the time and pain issues, such a trip is probably a bit of a pipe dream, BUT a guy HAS to have some goals and dreams to keep him going. This will be one of mine. Love the idea of finding other members en route to stop in and see. Kidneys, heart, BP, and spinal chord pain with attendant headaches plus energy levels will all have to be much better, but it could happen, right?

Hope to see ya'll there, such will mean that God has touched me, or that I am in some other way 'touched' (old euphammism for crazy as a loon) smile

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd offer to come getcha, but I no longer have my Okie ambulance (AKA wheelbarrow).

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thats funny! Sorry about the whine-ing, Maybe what I need is a WAHmbulance smile

No more of that from me, will be there if there is a way and I think there will be.

MARK

Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.