Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh.
And some death and destruction is not only desired, it's necessary.

Gotta be able to feed, clothe and shelter what's left...
not to mention keep them carefully and completely controlled.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

GB1

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Darlene, Rita, Stella, Trixie, Ruby, et all...

Why is it that parents don't give their daughters hooker-esque names anymore?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All you have to know is that IBM made the Holocaust possible and knowingly helped Hitler get the information he neeeded in exchange for huge profits.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My guess is not apocalyptic, but just kind of depressing.

The whole world will be affected, and the US perhaps less so than other countries. That's simply because the US is reasonably capable of sustaining itself.

The communications infrastructure will survive. Actual travel and transportation will be severely curtailed.

Thankfully, government will shrink because there won't be money to pay for it. The military will shrink by 1/3, Social Security retirement and Medicare will happen at 70 rather than 65. People who plan on retiring from civil service jobs will get an unpleasant surprise. Few people will really retire.

Gardening will become a lot more popular. Food costs will take up much more of the typical person's budget. Few homes will be built, because there won't be demand for them. The cost of heating a home will grow substantially. People will learn to wear sweaters and keep the house at 65 degrees in the winter.

Expensive medical treatments will be cost prohibitive. If what's wrong with you can't be fixed with inexpensive medicine and procedures, you're likely to have to live with it or perhaps die of it.

We'll have 10-20 years of stagnation, fewer possessions, and less leisure time. But we won't starve and the country won't collapse. People will learn to be more self-reliant, and the extended family will re-emerge as the dominant form of the family.

Practical skills like carpentry will be in more demand. Basically, if you want something, you'll be able to get it if you build it yourself.

I don't think that multiple firearms will be a particularly valuable asset. The lever action 30-30 was designed as the all-around meat getter, family protector, and livestock protector. Something simple like that, plus maybe a pump shotgun will be useful. But target shooting for recreation will probably be too expensive to enjoy very much.

Within living memory the "standard" home was essentially two rooms: A bedroom for mom and dad, a general living/kitchen area, and a loft for the kids to sleep in. We lived through that. It can be done again if we have to. And it's not all that unpleasant in a lot of ways.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Me personally I'll invest in tinfoil,BTW CF members won't get a discount. whistle

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's finally time, as painful as it might be to admit, to estimate the annual production of goods from the Earth, and then some amount of mined goods such as gold, silver, uranium, coal and oil to be thrown into the mix.

annual production divided by human consumption. there's no majic in this mix, it's pure mathematics or arithmatic.

so, how does the distribution of annual production get distributed or allocated? does anyone know for sure?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think I will invest in the industrial strength tinfoil Woody.

No matter what happens we will live pretty much as we do now as I am sure you and any other farming/ranching members will. Might not have much disposable income but we will eat and barter with out neighbors. Not such a bad outlook IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thems without things to barter will try to take it. Lot of them will get dead for their effort.

Barter is good. Thinking toilet paper could be worth more than its weight in gold, or maybe at least worth a trick with Darlene.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Short question,..

If America doesn't pull out of its spending/debt situation, what's the prognosis?

By that, I mean, what will happen, in your opinion?

America in bankruptcy will not be able to finance even a minor war.....we then could even be taken over by Mexico or Canada....

Your land....your house.....your business....anything you consider yours will then be up for grabs.....not by the government....but by anyone that thinks he's strong enough to take it and keep it....

The net result is anarchy!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You defeatist need to step back and take a long hard look at what you're saying.Far as I'm concerned we are still the greatest nation under God and by damn we didn't get here by whining about the bad times.So suck it up think positive and before you know it things will turn around again,how do I know this?.. because history repeats itself.So cheer up it ain't as bad as you think we will continue! wink

Woody
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Far as I'm concerned we are still the greatest nation under God and by damn we didn't get here by whining about the bad times.

I have little doubt that the very same thing was uttered by many Romans at one time....

Have fun....you're watching the fall of the American empire.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
By that, I mean, what will happen, in your opinion?

Overall, I think it will look a lot like Baton Rouge after Hurricane Katrina. Normal life transposed with roving bands of criminals and DP's.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know Bristoe but I'm not optimistic. I see so many negative trends regarding different aspects of life running concurrently, from the economy and all that is involved there to a coarser, cruder culture that seems to has lost it's collective conscious, to a society that has devalued life and killed off a whole generation by abortion (absolutely no different than the pagan groups and even the Israelites burning their infants in the red hot arms of the idol, Baal, 2500 years ago). Today, the idol is narcissism.

Anecdotally, being in the medical profession, the young folks I see and who are bearing children do not inspire me with confidence; that's not to say there are not exceptions. There always are, but fewer than before. I am not confident, as some seem to be, that the best of this country is yet to come. Au contra ire, I believe we've seen the best that will be. When I read Ambrose's D-Day and the great manufacturing effort that bolstered it and the sacrificial spirit that drove it, and the fabric of American life in the forties and fifties that fostered it, I doubt we could ever get close to that, as A NATION, again.

IMHO, all of this is the result of pushing God out of academia (the Ivy Leagues historically saw a Classic Education as one in which the Bible was studied), out of business, the town square, out of the courts, out of every aspect of public life. This is often defended and prosecuted with the ridiculous "separation of church and state mantra" which is wrong and stupid but we no longer have an informed (and moral) public that know our countries history, let alone other histories.

Could go on and on but tend to agree with CY in that there are sober, Biblical or theological implications to the trends we see and they are not pretty. One world currencies and /or governments with electronic record-keeping and transfers coupled with man's talent for evil could mean complete economic (therefore, total) control of people's and groups. When asked about end times, Jesus said to "know the seasons" or signs. You don't have to be a religious whacko, whatever that means, to think about this in theological terms. For Christians, though a battle or two are lost, we know the war has already been won, a reason to put your faith and trust in him.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by vapodog
Far as I'm concerned we are still the greatest nation under God and by damn we didn't get here by whining about the bad times.

I have little doubt that the very same thing was uttered by many Romans at one time....

the scotti in the northen end of britain beat the chit out of the roman empire slaves.

the scotti don't live under the rule of the roman azz holes. we fight back.

freedom is the answer, the cost is immaterial.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I foresee this thread going 12 pages or more.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anecdotally, being in the medical profession, the young folks I see and who are bearing children do not inspire me with confidence; that's not to say there are not exceptions. There always are, but fewer than before. I am not confident, as some seem to be, that the best of this country is yet to come. Au contra ire, I believe we've seen the best that will be. When I read Ambrose's D-Day and the great manufacturing effort that bolstered it and the sacrificial spirit that drove it, and the fabric of American life in the forties and fifties that fostered it, I doubt we could ever get close to that, as A NATION, again.

How about this? Do you see in the medical profession a trend, through regulation, to shift your responsibility from the well being of the patient to that of the state?

Ask a CPA about what the IRS is doing. They are basically trying to get the CPA to be an arm of enforcement for them instead of representing his client.

That usurpation of the duties of the various professions is straight out of the 1930s NAZI handbook.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
You defeatist need to step back and take a long hard look at what you're saying.Far as I'm concerned we are still the greatest nation under God and by damn we didn't get here by whining about the bad times.So suck it up think positive and before you know it things will turn around again, how do I know this?...

... er, repeated viewings of Bluto's rant scene from Animal House?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I only listened to my peter back then.

He had all kinds of bad advice.

lolol

Good advice is for church goers and folks who stay at home counting their money.

Either way, not many colorful stories come from fellas who have listened to good advice all their life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by vapodog

You guys keep buying these you'll make me rich grin

[Linked Image]

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's Bill Whittle's take on things, helps to see some optimism.

http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=56

OOPS goto the link and on the right hand side select the video "Facing the Arithmetic.

Last edited by shreck; 02/20/12.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (808outdoors, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 907brass, 12 invisible), 15,038 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,107
Posts18,541,911
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.