Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Do you carry liability insurance which covers you whenever you are legally shooting or hunting?
Low cost coverage is available through many Canadian firearm organizations (both national and provincial). I have seen several recent (ongoing) claims regarding firearm accidents and I highly recommend everyone have liability coverage.
As hunters and shooters we are a truly responsible, careful group but unfortunately accidents can and do happen.
Some home policies may cover such occurances but read you policy carefully to see if it contains a firearm exclusion.
BillR

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hey Bill, here's an idea. Why don't you advertise on 24 Hr Campfire? Get a hold of Rick and he can give you the sponsor rates. That way you can pitch your group in a professional manner.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Steve,
Actually ... I was very careful not to pitch any group with regard to liability insurance.

Quoting myself .. "Low cost coverage is available through many Canadian firearm organizations (both national and provincial). I have seen several recent (ongoing) claims regarding firearm accidents and I highly recommend everyone have liability coverage."

In my years on the forum (mostly Savage forum)I have not pitched for any group that I have been a member of at the time. I truly believe every shooter should have liability insurance since its cost is minimal and I have seen two recent claims... one for $500,000 and one for one million even.
BillR

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Hey Bill, here's an idea. Why don't you advertise on 24 Hr Campfire? Get a hold of Rick and he can give you the sponsor rates. That way you can pitch your group in a professional manner.

I don't think that this is called for and I wonder why any Canadian gun owner, especially one who seems to be an expert on certain aspects of Canadian shooting, would post such a comment concerning our National Firearms Association?

It seems as though there might be some "personal" issues here and maybe it would be better to take those to PMs,as some of us have had a long and satisfactory relationship with the NFA.

Just sayin'......peace, all.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
If he wants to advertise, he does what every other org does, he buys space. It keeps this place running and is more professional.

Don't try and start a fight when there's nothing there. That has always been your problem.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am not the one here with the ...problem... and you might realize that your particular animus toward the NFA is not shared by many, probably most Canadian shooters.I would also point out that you are not the moderator of this section of the Campfire.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
all the orgs offer insurance take your pick ,its really affordable great topic billr

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm covered through the BCWF,it is a good idea. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have coverage through a couple diffrent orgs I belong to.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here in the U.S.A. , The surest way I know to be "Sued" for
something is to have a big Liability Insurance Policy !

From personel Experience !

Rabbitdog

Shriners Helping Kids
IC B3

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rabbitdog
Here in the U.S.A. , The surest way I know to be "Sued" for
something is to have a big Liability Insurance Policy !

From personel Experience !

Rabbitdog

The age of huge claims started in Ontario about 15 years ago when a teenage boy stuntriding his ATV on someone else's property was awarded 6 million dollars.
Gun clubs in most provinces are now required to show police proof of $2,000,000 in coverage but many organizations provide $5 million in liability coverage.
As to larger lawsuits if you have a high coverage .... you could well be correct. However, the choice between fighting a $50,000 personal lawsuit and having to pay all legal bills as well or a much larger suit where insurance company pays costs and settlement isn't hard to make.
Thanks for your input and I hope your situation wasn't too severe.
BillR

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here, IN B.C., the "Shangri-La" of hunting for many, it is legally mandated to be covered by insurance of this type when hunting in some of our more densely populated areas. I consider it a damned good idea to carry such insurance at all times when shooting-hunting and our NFA and BCWF provide we B.C. gun owners/users a real service in making it possible with a membership and I, for one, am grateful.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
What do you guys think of Dewey Reisterer? Is he a low life liberal posing as a gun owner?

N
N
Hunting is a heck of a hobby but it is oriented with some high risks. All the top insurance companies must have liability insurance policies. Should try and checkout for them.

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I can only speak for the NFA as to rate charged, our 5 million dollar liabilty coverage (optional) is an additional $9.95 per year/member and covers you when shooting or hunting anywhere in the world. (Lloyd is our insurer)
I doubt the major companies will match the incredible rates available through many Canadian firearm organizations.

BillR

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Incredible. Just incredible. Sell. Sell. What a deal! Go peddle your fish somewhere else.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
You don't need specific "Firearms and hunting" insurance, you already have it under your homeowners policy.
All that the NFA, BCWF, etc. policies give you is additional coverage to basically increase your overall limit. An alternative is to buy an excess or "umbrella" policy to provide higher limits.

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Many people do not have a homeowner's policy so have no coverage. In Ontario gun club members are required to show proof of additional insurance by OPP.... home insurance is not accepted.
Providing insurance is a benefit to members and not a huge money maker for any organization that provides this service.
BillR

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
There's a big red flag here.

For 10 yrs he's been in another forum and never came here. Suddenly, he arrives and starts pushing his agenda. He found out there are a few Canadians around and smells your money.

The national branch must have instructed him to sell policies. Sell! Sell!

Beware.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 30 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,115
Posts18,483,452
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.