Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BMR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The straight combed model with the heavy barrel (believe it's the 64 MP) is the one I have my eye on. They look beautiful. Can anybody tell me about the accuracy, trigger, fit and finish of these?

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You should skip over to Rimfire Central, they have an Anschutz forum and plenty of first hand experience with the 64MP...and every other variation made in Ulm

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Champion shooters supply in Ohio is the one to ask.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/pages.php?pageid=5

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
forget the 64 if you want a real anschutz get a 54 action variation

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I own one 64 MP and switch between it and a Ruger 77/22 for ground squirrels. Fit/finish is nothing to get wound up about in my book. With the Ansschutz, it's all about function. I do wish I could install their trigger an all of my arms. It takes just a little getting used to, but a 3/4 ounce trigger is a real joy, and it's caused me to rework the triggers on several of my other units.

The rifles heft I think helps with stability. I've equipped mine with an AO variable scope and keep it on 10 X for ground squirrels. One can easily strive for head shots, as opposed to simply trying to hit the squirrel.

The only minus is that they are augered out with a match chamber, and a round has to be fired before the extractors can pull it from the chamber. I don't typically load the clip, as a cartridge placed in the receiver usually chambers right up. I put a couple bricks in a coffee tin, put that down beside my lawn chair and bipod, get after the squirrels.

Like every other 22 LR, performance is ammo specific. The high end target stuff is super, but I can't justify $1600 for a spring/summer squirrel season. Of the mom and pop brands, mine does well with Federal American Eagles and the Winchester Power Points which are difficult to find right now.

If I lost my Anschutz, I'd have a replacement ordered the next day.

1Minute
IC B2

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I've been shopping for a MP R 22 myself. $1100-1200 is the going rate for a new one on the internet sites. I'd like to find a used one buy so far nothing as surfaced that I was interested in. I guess I just have to save a little longer and pop for the new one. Oh well, then I'll know its real condition.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
My 1987 1416D.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
ANSCHUTZ is considered by many to be the best 22 Rifle made.Target grade barrels and superior action design are standard not to mention 150 years experience in design and manufacture.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have owned many Anschutz models with the 64 Match action and not one would eject a spent case properly and a few would not extract a loaded cartridge which is also a pain, like someone else suggested go over to rimfirecentral and read up on this famous issue that it seems all Anschutz 64 match actions are afflicted with before you lay out a grand or more for a new rifle, in My book there's simply no excuse in a $1000.00 rimfire rifle not functioning properly...Anschutz should be ashamed, and as for accuracy I think they are very good in that department but My experience has been with the 5 or 6 that I have owned that Anschutz accuracy is not to die for, I have had many other makes of rimfire rifles that would shoot at least as good and some better, I'd even say that most CZ 452's will shoot with any Anschutz 64 action rifle for a fraction of the dough, at the end of the day it's your money to spend it as you wish and good luck..............Hb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ldholton
forget the 64 if you want a real anschutz get a 54 action variation

+1

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only way i could afford to get in the Anschutz game was to buy a Savage/Anschutz import. First was a 184 model sporter that cost $400.

Next in line was Savage/Anschutz Mark 10B with international sights. $450 OTD. Both gave me the performance expected from this brand but at a fraction of the cost, granted without the resale value also.

Last edited by krupp; 02/21/12.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I agree if you have nearly 2 grand to spend on a rimfire rifle, for My money they just ain't worth it, I guess to some they are worth this extravagant price.............Hb

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Purchased my 1710 over two decades ago and it's still going strong. The round count has to be over 20,000.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by sheffieldshooter; 03/03/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a Weatherby MK XX11 which is an Anschutz barreled action in a Weatherby stock.

Have had ejection issues with it, but it IS accurate. That being said, I also have a Cooper 17 HMR.

The Cooper is a higher quality gun, hands down. I have a target that I shot at 30 yards with my 17 Cooper that has 5 shots cutting the same hole, and 17's make a small hole!

If I could only have ONE rimfire It would be a Cooper.

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 03/03/12.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was in the hunt for a good shooting rimfire. A friend of mine has a connection to Anschutz and had me talked into it. After looking at Coopers, I couldn't warm up to the look of the Anschutz and I got the Cooper. I doubt the Anschutz could shoot any better, but the Cooper has it beat in looks...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I've had both.......You got the better rifle here...........Hb

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I was in the hunt for a good shooting rimfire. A friend of mine has a connection to Anschutz and had me talked into it. After looking at Coopers, I couldn't warm up to the look of the Anschutz and I got the Cooper. I doubt the Anschutz could shoot any better, but the Cooper has it beat in looks...

[Linked Image]

Shrapnel I'll trade you a nice 8wt Fly rod! LMAO smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I've got a Weatherby MK XX11 which is an Anschutz barreled action in a Weatherby stock.

Have had ejection issues with it, but it IS accurate. That being said, I also have a Cooper 17 HMR.

The Cooper is a higher quality gun, hands down. I have a target that I shot at 30 yards with my 17 Cooper that has 5 shots cutting the same hole, and 17's make a small hole!

If I could only have ONE rimfire It would be a Cooper.

Virgil B.

I like the Wby. stock better than the Anschutz stock.

I've had Anschutz, Kimber and Cooper .22LR's. Cooper is the best, IMHO, and the most accurate with Kimber being third.

I like the Anschutz 54 action better than the 64.

My current Anschutz is a model 1717, .17HMR.

My main .22LR and a keeper, BTW, is a Cooper classic with a Kahles scope. The others went down the road.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

[Linked Image]

Shrapnel I'll trade you a nice 8wt Fly rod! LMAO smile

Don't tell me you want the sunglasses too...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whole outfit, hat and all.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,296
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.