Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Youper
Originally Posted by Swampman1
There is no Biblical reason to attend church.

This is not correct. I refer you to HUJ's post.

attending the right Church is ok, attending the wrong Church, not so much.

but, who can tell the difference between one and the other, when one is fully immersed in the "not knowing?"

sorry, this might be off topic. if so, i apologize profusely.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
He says He's never been in this church."

No any other...

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no right church....None teach what the Bible says.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if the "bible" of whatever description never occurred, would the world be a better place?

the world, without a Bible, what a concept.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Having read those scriptures many times I see nothing that indictes we need to attend a church. I discourage it as often as I can.

You're fooling yourself.! Re-read the first 6 books of the New Testament. Being within a group of believers and lifting up each other is one of the Major points.!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

Only a fool attends church. God isn't there....they are just lodges that steal your money. I hate them.

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I feel sorry for you Swamp. You are wrong and one day you will find that out. I have no idea on your relationship with jesus christ and make no judgement on where your soul will go. I would never make the claim that your anti-church thoughts will keep you out of heaven. I'm just saying your wrong and you will discover that in this life or the after.

The church is people, we are the temple. There is NO building where God dwells. He dwells in us as the Holy Spirit. YES the majority of churches are buildings that teach false doctrine and take your money BUT there are true churches that are simply a gathering of christians following the word of God as best as their sinful souls can.

Ask God to open your eyes and soften your heart so you can receive the truth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No I'm not wrong. The Holy Spirit doesn't treat people like crap. All churches teach false doctrine. You don't need a church to follow the Word of God. I wouldn't go back for nothing......Ichabod is written over the door of everyone of them.

"If I were trying to win man's approval, I would surely not be serving Christ!"~Galatians 1:10~

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes I'm wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by allheart

Ask God to open your eyes and soften your heart so you can receive the truth.

Good try AH...You can lead a horse to water, but........

He's made his choice.!

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Acts 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

Only a fool attends church. God isn't there....they are just lodges that steal your money. I hate them.

There is a world of fear in your words...What are you so afraid of? Don't answer me, search your heart and tell GOD.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the many responses it looks like there's been a lot of flock scattering going on. Sometimes a person is actively involved in one side or the other of a rift, but just the fact that there's a rift at all scatters many for Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 6:7 (NIV) The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?

It seems it may be better to be in a church that's not so sharp on doctrine or understanding, but is strong in love for John writes in 1 John 3:14 (NIV) We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

Pray about it and seek out a church that practices the love of Christ.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only wish I had the quarter of a million dollars I wasted on tithe during those 50 years. I fear nothing because I walk with God. Why do you need a building to keep you from being afraid?....Laffin!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
He's made his choice.!

I chose to follow Christ and not men. You've made yours, and you will answer for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laffin!

Any time I see this spelling I worry about the poster.

Last edited by Youper; 02/24/12.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Youper
[quote=Swampman1 Laffin!

Any time I see this spelling I worry about the poster. [/quote]

I worry about your internet skills.

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Who is talking about a building? I'm not. OPEN YOUR EARS for two seconds, the church is NOT a building.

We the people, YOU, ME and everyone else that accepted Jesus are his bride, we are the church. To gather in his name collectively is commanded in that book you keep quoting.

We are to follow Christ together. If you cannot gather with other Christians and worship God then something is wrong.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No I'm not wrong. The Holy Spirit doesn't treat people like crap. All churches teach false doctrine. You don't need a church to follow the Word of God. I wouldn't go back for nothing......Ichabod is written over the door of everyone of them.

"If I were trying to win man's approval, I would surely not be serving Christ!"~Galatians 1:10~

Please do not take this as a personal slam as that is NOT the way I intend for it to be. But while agree with some and perhaps most of what you are saying I wonder how you can say God is not in any churches and no churches teach His Word. I have not found that to be true at all. There are many who are stuck on this doctrine or that doctrine but there are bodies of believers, the real Church, who gather together to study the Bible and do His work.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I find some other Christians, I'll worship with them. I have several Christian friends and we hunt and fish together. I'd rather enjoy the last few years of my life. The hell called church, is as bad as the literal hell. It doesn't matter to me where I spend eternity. I highly discourage church attendance. You're wasting time, money, and in the end they'll treat you like crap and toss you to the curb. It's all politics.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Respectfully disagree.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.