Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Acts 24:14 "But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:"

A man in a pulpit can give you his revelation, but his is only for him. You have to have your own. Don't waste your time and money on a church. Life is short do something useful and enjoyable.

Steel sharpens steel. Fellowship with other Christians is important in everyone's walk with Christ. If you get that fellowship hunting and fishing with other Christians you may have found your church. However, some find that fellowship among the churches that meet in buildings that you think of as a church. Do not judge them because of your bad experience for as you know everyone has their own revelation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yet another thread in the crapper.

To the OP, I don't pretend to know the answer, there just aren't enough details as to the why. I find it difficult to believe the stated reason as being the real reason.

Unhappily, letting folks go is at times quite necessary, and the reasons -- if you're wise -- aren't made public.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Too many lawyers and politicians in Church these days and not enough Christians....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not judging them, I'm trying to help them not to waste their time and money. Some shyster will have it if they aren't careful.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deersmeller
Originally Posted by MacLorry
A church is separate from the building it meets in.
It�s the fellowship that counts.

I expected that remark but while you are right from an ideal point of view, you are wrong in reality.

Church is a business and the building is its headquarters, its shop, its marketing base, its work-shop, its customer manipulation center, etc.

The congregation and fellowship you speak of is only the assembly of deceived customers of a deceitful business.

You haven't been in all churches. In some they drink deadly poison and handle snakes as proof of their faith in the truth of Mark 16:18. Skeptics have tested the poison and found it to be real. Maybe you should allow room in your condemnation of churches for the possibility that some are the real thing.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not judging them, I'm trying to help them not to waste their time and money. Some shyster will have it if they aren't careful.

What works for you may not work for others and for others not for you. Allow for the possibility that some who meet in buildings you think of as a church are genuine Christians and prosper in their fellowship with other Christians they meet in such buildings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's their loss.....The Elks and the Moose lodge are cheaper and more fun. There is no "real thing" witches and warlocks do goofy things too. Does that make them the "real thing"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
allheart,

Last year I met fellow who was assistant pastor at his church. He discovered he was lacking in the obedience area and started doing the things he found in the New Testament to glorify God in his life. You might guess. They gave him the option of loose the new life or loose your job. He lost his job.

I owuld not e surprised if you boy was a little too much of Bible believer.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Talking with a good friend tonight I think I have discovered how to find peace in this situation. It will be made right. My senior pastor and elders are good Godly men, they ay have sinned but they can make it right. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Please pray

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
Yet another thread in the crapper.

To the OP, I don't pretend to know the answer, there just aren't enough details as to the why. I find it difficult to believe the stated reason as being the real reason.

Unhappily, letting folks go is at times quite necessary, and the reasons -- if you're wise -- aren't made public.
Plus one to the whole thread. Obviously Swampy made another successful troll and disrupted another thread to the point that probably half the responses here aren't relevant to the OP's original question.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And to save them from the religious business, the most manipulative and dangerous business on earth!

Organized religion is bad for your cerebral clarity, independence and quality of judgment and mental health.

Some church goers have seen through this and only attend for social reasons, but they understood long ago. Wisely, they decided that churches had too much influence on the local community to make it worthwhile for them to show their understanding and try to uncover the deceit of religious business.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Many small originations tend to draw out small tyrants. They and Napoleons. The church is no exception. Such people must have their own way and tent to put others down to make up for their own shortcomings.

True Christian leadership will keep those kinds of people out of decision making process and leadership roles. But, that seldom happens in real life.

is seldom happens in real life, because the local church has to have somebody to do the grunt work of administering the church. Not everyone will do the work, but those wanting power will.......... so you get what you get.

Just the same in politics. Thats why you get so many azzwipes in office. No one else will take the job.

Sam......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not directed toward anyone personally, don't confuse Christianity with religiosity, rememember, it was "religious" folks that crucified Christ, and it would happen again today.

Last edited by ruffcutt; 02/25/12. Reason: spelin'

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by allheart
I usually just stay on the backpack section of this forum but I need a few opinions on this situation.

This took place at my church and I want some opinions of more people

Background info

1 senior pastor and 3 men that make up the elder boards, this is the church leadership board. Our church hired a new associate pastor to deal with ministry building and all the adminastrative planning. A lengthy search took place and all references and interviews were done to ensure the right man was chosen.

The associate pastor moved his family (wife and two kids under 3) to our city and purchased a home. It was the church' intention to have this man a part of our church family for years to come.

At christmas (3 months since being hired) the associate pastor was praised at the front of the church for his work and his family was given a gift. On Feb 12 the associate pastor had an evaluation where he was blind sided with a horrible review. after this he made several attempts on how he could change to fit better but "no" was the answer. On Feb 16 he was fired and asked to clean out his office by the end of the day.

The reason he was fired is that he was not a good fit. Not performance, no major sins or immoral behaviour just not a good fit.

The leadership is going to pay him for another 6 weeks then your out on your own.

I think this is absolutely horrible and unjust to treat a man this way. I am terribly upset with the leadership I cannot believe they think this is a a Godly way to conduct business.

Please give me your opinions on the matter.

Honestly this is the extent of the situation. I know it seems like it doesn't add up but this is everything that happened.

Beautiful and they behaved like true Christians. My advice find another Church. This church went thru a lengthy process to evaluate a candidate , gave him a bonus at Xmas and then fire him a month later then something is seriously wrong.

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Everyone telling me to find a new church is wrong. Men are sinners and they make mistakes. If I look for a new church I will find new sinners and new problems.

The right thing to do is correct this problem. Its the same thing my leadership should have done in this situation. Do not cast the problem away, face it like a man and do the right thing.

The right thing is to fix this and make those aware of their sinful actions. If i exhaust every possible strategy to fix this and heal our church and still they are resistant then I will think of finding a new church.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
allheart,

My prayers are with you and the church you attend. I hope that the lessons will be taught and learned in love.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Things go on behind the lines that you may not know or hear of. Besides that life just isn't fair and sometimes things just dont fit

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have sympathy, but my personal feeling is, preaching should never be a profession.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

is seldom happens in real life, because the local church has to have somebody to do the grunt work of administering the church. Not everyone will do the work, but those wanting power will.......... so you get what you get.

Just the same in politics. Thats why you get so many azzwipes in office. No one else will take the job.

Sad but you are right. I served and an elder and board member for more years than I can count. Ran into several like you described. Never let them get away with it. Glad I no longer and having to fight that fight. Our little church of thirty some has not seen the rise of such people. That is just one reason we are there.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.