-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wanna build rifles AND shoot em... We'll see where college leads. Going on a golf scholaasheeip as it sits right now....

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TannerGun
Boxer... worth the gains to punch a 22" 280 barrel to 280 A.I.? I've been thinking about it, solely for the purpose of not having to spend time dicking around trimming brass.

TG,

The 280AI is a better case design and offers more performance,I'm incapable of formulating a reason NOT To roll a 280AI and barrel length largely means dick. Think twist,throat and boolits...kiss,find pressure and rock on.

This schit is easy,if you let it be.

southwind,

You are [bleep] clueless and then some. A Jeff-O chart denoting your ineptitude,doesn't sway anything other than reiterate your dumbphucktitude. Would REALLY love to hear about "all" the rifles you've had built,their respective blueprints and the "findings" associated. Too [bleep] funny!

Why is it that you dumbest of [bleep] ask questions,then somehow THINK you've magically got an IQ transfusion less than a day later,then feel capable to give "answers"?!!? It's simply a shame,that you can't recognize how little you "know" and how very much you miss and the regularity of same...as it's Priceless!

You haven't the faculties to savvy,but it sure do add to the humor.

Bless your Do-Nothin'/Know Nothin' heart!

Wow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alright alright, it'll be a 280a.i. come summertime. I'm running 162AMAX, so I did get that part right wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
TG,

Think boolits first,chamberings next and then zero in on the particulars to allow the most latitude in same...and then you are there.

A 700 based 280AI in a Faux Ti,is a tough one to whoop and is a whole [bleep] bunch of rifle for the jingle. Twist,throating and COAL being more than a bunch friendly,is a given. RH couldn't touch it on a dare,when talking performance per penny.

I see poor dumb southwind is now trying to give PM's a whirl and is under the impression that she's brighter there,than she is on the Board,which is more than a whole [bleep] bunch funny. Groovin' that she thinks the I.Q. Fairy sprinkled more Magic her way.

Where do these [bleep] come from?

Wow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not too high on the DBM it sports, but it does allow me to kiss/jam with the 162s, which is nice, and the 1:9.25 twist has spun them well thus far. Been able to push them to 2800 outta the vanilla 280. An M1 will top the glass soon, seems like it'll be an alright rig. Still learning all this stuff...

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never puked a 700 OEM DBM,but they make going light a battle. Much prefer ADL,for strength,weight and ergo's.

Still learning myself and was much looking forward to mouthwind telling me all about the particulars she cited,even if she had to use her Imagination to Pretend. Had never even heard of PacNor or McMillan,prior to this thread and her avatar suggests she could tell a Bear Story too...let's just hope she's powerless to refrain extolling her dumbphucktitude and that she breaks her very awkward silence.

Mebbe she'll talk boolits,glass and comeups too and then the Tinfoil Hat Trifecta will crown her pointy head and rightfully so.

Wow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hearing you on the weight aspect...feels a bit out of place on a trim contour and like stock, wishing the Big Green had flown blind mag on the "Mountain Rifles". Definitely on the lookout for T.I. takeoffs to replace the factory wood and tupperware this and the 243/105Amax rig are wearing... I'll be a happy camper once they're outfitted correctly laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tanner- you can't take a Rem 700 DBM and just swap stocks and mag parts to non-DBM....

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know that. I'd ditch the DBM and get an ADL style bottom metal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't change a factory DBM receiver to ADL.
The feed lips are in the mag and not the receiver, so once a DBM, always a DBM...............

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blast... But thanks for pointing it out, my bad.

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by raghorn
Can't change a factory DBM receiver to ADL.
The feed lips are in the mag and not the receiver, so once a DBM, always a DBM...............

Actually, it is rather easy...just sacrifice a DB magazine and use that as your liner in the ADL set-up. Need to use the follower and spring as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That makes sense. guess I could just pop out all the stuff on the bottom and run the ADL spring

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
dipepper, thanks for pointing that out I seem to lack knowledge I'm told so didn't what to post some thing I haven't tried my self.

TannerGun have you checked in to how much weight switching to ADL will save If it were me I would not AI an ADL because you lose the option of going to a extended Waytts box mag for using some of the high BC bullets. But what do I know you may want to talk to real gun builders.

Alan

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by pacer97
dipepper, thanks for pointing that out I seem to lack knowledge I'm told so didn't what to post some thing I haven't tried my self.

TannerGun have you checked in to how much weight switching to ADL will save If it were me I would not AI an ADL because you lose the option of going to a extended Waytts box mag for using some of the high BC bullets. But what do I know you may want to talk to real gun builders.

Alan

You and mouthwind are on fire! You two should be asking questions,not giving "answers".

For conversation an OEM 700 l/a box is more than a whole bunch roomy for the 280/280AI and upper echelon BC's,despite your delusions. Cypher the pic closely and feel free to take notes...as you are sorely in need of a first [bleep] clue.

[Linked Image]

Feel free to PM mouthwind and mebbe you can coax her into breaking her very awkward and long silence. The two of you in a duet of dumbphucktitude,will undoubtedly take humor to new levels of hilarity and I'm looking forward to the folly.

Wow.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Boxer you are right the long action 700 in 280AI should be fine, typed when thinking of some thing else it happens. As for asking not giving answers I asked you a question never really got an answer. But thats fine I'll just call it a day.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...which is rare air.

You've [bleep] up an impressive amount upon this very Thread alone and the forecast is dismal for any improvement,but you'll always have your Imagination and get to play Pretend.

Fire that PM off to mouthwind,as I really wanna hear the dumbphuck duet and preferably in stereo. You gals are a hoot!

For conversation,you never were in the conversation,for anything other than the humor afforded by your fancying you've a [bleep] clue.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah... in that DBM I've got essentially unlimited COAL latitude, even with the 162s, which are the longest bullet that barrel sees.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Boxer,

Nice line up.

What is #4 from the left?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe that's a 284...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,939
Posts18,519,044
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.