Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The shriveled, decrepit carcass in the wheel chair is sure to be horribly traumatic enough, for life-weary adults alone � for the kids, even worse. No one in the rest of the crowd should make a conscious effort to present an even more horrible spectacle.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ken,

Is someone else in a wheelchair going to be there? laugh

Just to see your face light up in a big smile will be worth the trip for all of us!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Smiles, I got.

Ann-Marget, I ain't.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We weren't expecting Ann-Margret to show up, just your smiling self.

I don't think she can teach us as much about all kinds of things as you can.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wheelchair, eh? Hmmm.... I think we should make some measured marks on the ground, or maybe set a tape measure alongside one of your WC tires, and then take bets on how far back the Rigby pushes you when you fire it with no brakes set! You game fer that? How about if we have to split the pot with you 50/50? smile

Or, we could measure my blood pressure and guess how high it goes when somebody DROPS my Karnis Custom Carved 416 Rigby on the ground!!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Learn?"

Maybe not � but ogle, yeah, man!

And I'd not be the only one there who needed a bib.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is true! grin

Of course, there will be some other very attractive ladies there if CCCC and Border Doc bring their better halves!

I wish my lovely bride could make it, but it is not to be. Her schedule is more packed than mine. frown

Ed

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I look forward to hugs from Mrs CCCC and Mrs Border Doc � and hope that there'll be a few other sweet squeezables, too. Got unlimited capacity for that flavor of pleasure.

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If I may ask, when and where ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
� Why don't we just start out with the same weekend next year??

That'd be 14�15 July 2012, right?

Or am I figgering wrong again?

I don't have a 2012 calendar yet.

Quemado/Quemado Lake, New Mexico

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn,

If you were thinking of gracing this gathering with your presence, I'm sure we would find someone who could pick you up at the appropriate airport and bring you to this quiet, beautiful part of the world! smile

Ed

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn,

If you were thinking of gracing this gathering with your presence, I'm sure we would find someone who could pick you up at the appropriate airport and bring you to this quiet, beautiful part of the world! smile

Ed

I was thinking of driving from Alabama, stop overnight here and there. Well, myself and my daughter actually....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lynn, if ya'll are coming from southern Alabama along I-10, you're welcome to meet me in Houston & ride along - or just stay in touch in case you need assistance.

For northern AL, Interstate 40 through Albuquerque will make more sense for you.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
tex_n_cal,

We would be coming from the southern part, Fort Rucker, Alabama actually. So, 1-10 is definitely the way we would be going. I wouldn't mind having someone out there on the road I could stay in touch with along the way. I have done the Alabama - Houston - San Antonio drive several times, but I haven't really driven any further west after that.

I appreciate the offer, and will take you up on it if we can work it out. I will PM you my number so you will have it, and we can talk about more if you are okay with that.

Thank you for the offer, as always, your a Sweetie.

Lynn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no problem. I've driven I-10 west of San Antonio more than a few times and there is a lot of empty space out there. Good deer hunting, but empty otherwise smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miss Lynn, Sherri and I sure hope you can make it. Sherri is hoping there are more than 2 or 3 ladies to speak and connect with during the event. I am quite sure that the two of you will hit it off.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Now if we can entice Shooting Lady, childofthesky, and other Campfire huggables to join us �

We'll just have to weep and groan at the absence of Sassy, but we already know how to do that, too.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Childofthesky has had some rough times of late, losing her mother. A road trip like this one would be great medicne for her, methinks. Lets all PM her with this link and put a push on. I am kinda broke but would help a little if I can to get some of the ladies here of meager means. childofthesky is strapped, and would likely need our help to get to get to the campfire. Maybe I can at least co-ordinate the efforts to help her or maybe others.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good idea!

The only things that I can add are to suggest
(a) that the ladies who intend to be with us PM their pleas to childofthesky
and
(b) that members along the way offer her over-night accommodations � coming and going
if she plans to drive.

Of course she's welcome to bunk here, so motel expenses won't be a factor at all.

I'm glad that none of the trolls will invade us, but I grieve for the good buddies who can't come.

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman
Miss Lynn, Sherri and I sure hope you can make it. Sherri is hoping there are more than 2 or 3 ladies to speak and connect with during the event. I am quite sure that the two of you will hit it off.

From what I gather from your posts about your Wife, I get the feeling we will get along real well. My 24 year old daughter Quinn will be accompanying me on the trip. She's a younger version of me, only WAY prettier, and in some ways, way smarter than I am.

Looking forward to meeting you and your Wife, and getting to know you both.

Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.