Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bizarre Foods America on right now. The good chef and his hosts have killed, prepared and dined on deer, squirrel and woodchuck in WV. Maybe hog too, but didn't see it. Good on him!

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
cool... but what is so Bizzare about that? He is suppose to eat crazy stuff.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
To most of America, eating wild game IS bizarre! frown

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool

Originally Posted by deflave
Get your dick out of that rooster and go to church.

Travis
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
The mink chowder really got me. I've never even thought of eating a mink.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ajb05854
The mink chowder really got me. I've never even thought of eating a mink.

I had a mink get into the gas closet at work and net in the insulation. Opened the door and damn near fell over.

Can't imagine eating one of those nasty SOB's!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have seen him eat scorpions, ants, grubs, grasshoppers, raccoons, possums etc- but I was most proud of him for the benefit and relief work he did in the south after our April 27, 2011 tornado outbreak.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I don't watch every show, but I caught the episode a couple of years ago where he ate somethings so disgusting, even he couldn't keep it down.

You know that had to be pretty bad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watched it last night. they cooked up some good looking vittles.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Missed last night but saw the turtle soup episode.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm considered sort of a "Zimmern-lite" in that I'll try almost anything - and like damn near everything I try.

I grew up on rabbit, squirrel, groundhog, catfish, carp - and turtle soup. Love 'em all. I especially liked his line last night where he said (paraphrased) "This is heritage on a plate." How very, very true.

Young and not so young people today turn their noses up at anything like game as being unnatural - and yet they eat chicken nuggets. Irony at its best.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Good for Andrew! I have been to two cooking schools, and both of them had a portion dedicated to wild game and vegetable/fruit preparation.
I have always found George Leonard Herter's three books "Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices" to be a fun read for some different perspectives to game cooking. Recipes for 'Doves Wyatt Earp' , 'Swedish Muskrat', 'Snapping Turtle Stew', and 'Prairie Dog Bat Masterson' can be found within. Those familiar with Herter's somewhat flamboyant personality might find these books to be a good (and amusing) read.
Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
watched a number of his shows and he isnt a stranger to hunting.....saw him hunt pigs on Hawaii or one of the other Pacific Islands.....believe he went bird hunting in Scotland....while they used nets instead of guns he went after puffin in Iceland.....im sure there are a few more that aired....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm considered sort of a "Zimmern-lite" in that I'll try almost anything - and like damn near everything I try.

I grew up on rabbit, squirrel, groundhog, catfish, carp - and turtle soup. Love 'em all. I especially liked his line last night where he said (paraphrased) "This is heritage on a plate." How very, very true.

Young and not so young people today turn their noses up at anything like game as being unnatural - and yet they eat chicken nuggets. Irony at its best.

Well said, and good for you. My dad used to say to my brother and I when we'd balk at trying something due to the way it looked, from as early as I can remember: 'all I ask is that you try it. If you don't like it, I'll never force you to eat it again. If you don't try it you'll never know.' Solid advice. I'm not into insects, rancid meats or anything truly nasty (I know, pretty subjective wink ), but I'm pretty ballsy about trying just about anything.

I have a buddy who when we first met would look at me like I had two heads for ordering a Filet-O-Fish instead of a plain burger like him. That was ten years ago. He's now something of a sushi aficionado.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He and Mike Rowe could do a special on pest extermination and eat what they caught.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 47 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,756
Posts18,514,819
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.