Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JRaw Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I may find myself in Juneau in early April. Any hints on weather or things to do? Ski area still open?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The 'Crest is usually open until Easter so you'll be able to ski for sure. Winter returned this weekend with colder temps. Looks like fresh snow all next week.

A bit early for Hooty birds. Spring kings will be starting to show. Check out the goats out at the glacier. Go to Alaska Brewing and sample some grog. They have a new black IPA. I have yet to try it myself.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Driving rain. Always rain. Drizzle. Thick fog. Wet always. Wind always. And always around 40* F.

You will never be able to feel dry or warm unless it is in front of a heater. When you leave and get somewhere else, you'll unpack and be disgusted with how wet your clothes are.

Juneau sucks big time.

The weather isn't the worst, Juneau being a gub'mint town (literally if the gub'mint weren't there, the population would be around 1,000 people), is the most cliquish place outside of Hollyweird you could find.

You can drive out the road to some areas and grill outdoors, but beware the Troopers, they are as thick as flies on rotting meat, and they love to ticket for anything they can think up. Drive carefully.

Did I mention Juneau sucks?

Last edited by TheKuskokid; 02/26/12.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wondering what you were doing that the Troopers were as thick as flies on rotting meat? I have never had a problem with them and have always found them to be professional.

Yes it is wet and does rain a lot.

MuskegMan is pretty much spot on with things to do. Of course there is some great backcountry and sidecountry skiing and boarding to be had as well. Depending on snow could be some good hiking to be had as well. If one knows where to go there could be some steelhead to be had too.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Wondering what you were doing that the Troopers were as thick as flies on rotting meat? I have never had a problem with them and have always found them to be professional.

Yes it is wet and does rain a lot.

MuskegMan is pretty much spot on with things to do. Of course there is some great backcountry and sidecountry skiing and boarding to be had as well. Depending on snow could be some good hiking to be had as well. If one knows where to go there could be some steelhead to be had too.

Had my eyes open, rather than eyes wide shut.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
http://www.skijuneau.com/

Last April was pretty wet until the last week then summer started all of the sudden. See the glacier. Bring good wet weather gear and get outside. May-June are traditionally the best time to be here.

Why would anyone care about seeing troopers? I hardly see or notice them here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You have to wonder about the ones so worried about the Police.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think some like to get away from crowds and cops. Not wanting to see them breathing down your neck isn't an admission of guilt. I've never had a problem with the ones I've encountered.

I don't like gangbangers even though I've never been shot by one.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have never had any police in Juneau breathing down my neck, matter of fact the only time I have seen them breathing down anyones neck was for a damn good reason.

Comparing a gangbanger to a Police officer? You have issues.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have never had any police in Juneau breathing down my neck, matter of fact the only time I have seen them breathing down anyones neck was for a damn good reason.

Ha. Stupid to make insinuations like that. You have a dead mind and blind eyes. You know nothing about cops either.

Juneau sucks, and you are an example of why. Zombie boy.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JRaw
I may find myself in Juneau in early April. Any hints on weather or things to do? Ski area still open?

I have no doubt the ski area will be open late, this year. Southeast hasn't been spared any precipitation, that's for sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

Ha. Stupid to make insinuations like that. You have a dead mind and blind eyes. You know nothing about cops either.

Kuskodumbass,

I don't know MCH and I'm sure he can defend himself. But I've read enough of his posts to know he is spot on and you would do well to seal the hole in that turd tumbler sitting on your shoulders, it's doing you no favors. Maybe some of the boys will chip in so you can purchase your first clue that you obviously can't afford on your own.

1flier

Black Olives Matter!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I will take it you did some time at the "creek" sorry to hear that. Abide by the laws and you'll stay out of the "creek" its really that simple. Police Officers have a job to do, its not always a popular job or glamourous one. Give the Officers doing their job a little respect and you might just get a little in return. Your right I have zero experiance with law enforcement. Just remember those Police Officers serve and protect everyday with their lives on the line.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by 1flier

Kuskodumbass,

I don't know MCH and I'm sure he can defend himself. But I've read enough of his posts to know he is spot on and you would do well to seal the hole in that turd tumbler sitting on your shoulders, it's doing you no favors. Maybe some of the boys will chip in so you can purchase your first clue that you obviously can't afford on your own.

1flier

It takes intellect to read and interpret what someone says. Good luck.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

I will take it you did some time at the "creek" sorry to hear that. Abide by the laws and you'll stay out of the "creek" its really that simple. Police Officers have a job to do, its not always a popular job or glamourous one. Give the Officers doing their job a little respect and you might just get a little in return. Your right I have zero experiance with law enforcement. Just remember those Police Officers serve and protect everyday with their lives on the line.

Nope, never been in.
I knew someone who thought like you 'till they began working with the courts in a professional capacity. Their view changed quite quickly. Most who do not work with the law have some starry-eyed ideas about how cops are special people or some such. Once you get into the psychology of the type of person who likes to arrest others...you'll begin to understand.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Your paranoia is showing. maybe back-off on your weed usage.

Nope, never been in.
I knew someone who thought like you 'till they began working with the courts in a professional capacity. Their view changed quite quickly. Most who do not work with the law have some starry-eyed ideas about how cops are special people or some such. Once you get into the psychology of the type of person who likes to arrest others...you'll begin to understand.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nope, never been in.

The flip side is, the phychology of the type of person who thinks they can do any damn thing they want, with no consequences for their actions.

Jeff

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Working with cops for over 23 years and just wanted you to know I have my eye on you. ; )

Nope, never been in.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I worked for an LE agency and outside of the Sgt that raped his ex wife and was never charged or fired, the guy that pulled his carry gun while drunk and in a bar fight (he was fired), the Lt. that molested a blind girl (he was fired and sent to jail) and the guy that got into a road rage incident off duty, they were fine folks. wink

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah that sample pool represents all Police Officers! Are you really that stupid? Well atleast I know the ones I need to keep my good eye wide open on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (257_X_50, 14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 16gage, 39 invisible), 1,988 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,115
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.