-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right...makes you wonder if Nert is really in it for the win, or just part of the RNC strategy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Only Ron Paul isn't part of the same establishment both Romney and Obama are team members in.

I just wanted to take this rare opportunity to agree with you on your last sentence.
Anyone who has been in congress for decades is part of the system. Maybe a very ineffective part, but 'ol Ron is getting his squeeky wheels greased like the rest of the criminals. He's just a bigger hypocrite.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Right...makes you wonder if Nert is really in it for the win, or just part of the RNC strategy.
I'm afraid this is a case of his ego over riding his smarts.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know what you're saying, but Ron Paul is in his own world or system, not the one you and I are in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Newt is in it to drive the conversation the direction he wants it. Don't kid yourself, he knows what his national appeal/or lack thereof is.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Here's an interesting story from CNN. Santorum did not get the Catholic vote; Romney did. See: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/07/loudly-catholic-santorum-loses-ohio-catholics/?hpt=hp_t2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Best do your homework, america. The incorrect answer on the exam is Obama or Romney, both imbacils.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs
Here's an interesting story from CNN. Santorum did not get the Catholic vote; Romney did. See: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/07/loudly-catholic-santorum-loses-ohio-catholics/?hpt=hp_t2
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "Catholic vote".

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari

Newt is in it to drive the conversation the direction he wants it. Don't kid yourself, he knows what his national appeal/or lack thereof is.
Same justification supposedly for the Paul campaign. The difference is, one campaign is inconsequential to the outcome.

NRA Lifer

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe because Romney can't beat Obama any more than Mclame could and you're not a stupid man ?

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by djs
I'll say it again - the US is generally moderate; extreme issues are generally non-starters. Romney is a conservative moderate and Obama is a liberal moderate - both within the moderate spectrum, although on different sides.

You really think Obama is a moderate? If so, you and I have VERY different definitions of moderate. He might run for election as a moderate, but he governs from the FAR left.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Cartod
Romney is a turn around guy. He fixes companies, states and the Olympics. Once he hits his stride against Obama he won't lose. Obama was a one termer.

Romney is whatever you want him to be. Just ask him and he will tell you so. Whatever that is, it doesn't matter as long as it gets your vote.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romneycare. You're going to have a choice of Obama or Obamalite.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 03/07/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Romney is a moderate who is acting like a far right conservative for the primary. As soon as he locks up the republican nomination, he will start acting like a moderate again to try to attract independents (he will figure the conservatives will vote for anyone whose initials are not BHO, hopefully he is right).

Obama is a far left liberal who will also start acting like a moderate for the general election for the same reason.

Once one is elected, they will act like who they really are. A moderate in Romney's case (will mostly be okay, but will cave on some issues), and radical liberal in Obama's case (Obamacare, tax increases, birth control whether against your religion, etc.).

Except in Obama's case, he doesn't have to worry about re-election again, so he will be able to put the pedal to the metal with his liberal social re-engineering without worrying about making us regular folks mad anymore (he will still make us mad, he just won't worry about it anymore).

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Romney is the least disgusting option for POTUS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, Dead Cat is our least disgusting option.

DEAT CAT 2012!!!! Yeaaaaaa!!!!

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by crowrifle
In a nation of 360 million plus, that pack of losers are the best we can come up with?

The GOP leadership sold all of you down the river when they decided NOT to run a candidate that could win.

The GOP leadership has been engaged in 3 years of NO government and now they/we all have an economy that is struggling and the GOP does not want to be in charge of 4 years of tough governance, thus let Obama have it and shoot for 2016!

The problem with this strategy is the economy is gaining ground and it is looking better than most thought it would. Not really Obama's fault the economy is improving but he will be the one to benefit from it as well as the Dems. The GOP not only pissed on you but now they have pissed all over themselves.

Bad things happen to bad people, good night Mr. Romney, sleep tight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Is it the blank , grinning stare, when anyone asks him a real question?

Or because the market took a dive?

I fear in my gut, that Barry is back in for 4 more...

How would your gut feeling have been different if Newt, RP, or Santorum had won Ohio? With their mediocre showings elsewhere, would you have felt better?

Time to rally around whomever gets the nod.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Sandman1
Originally Posted by djs
I'll say it again - the US is generally moderate; extreme issues are generally non-starters. Romney is a conservative moderate and Obama is a liberal moderate - both within the moderate spectrum, although on different sides.

You really think Obama is a moderate? If so, you and I have VERY different definitions of moderate. He might run for election as a moderate, but he governs from the FAR left.

If he was far left where is the anti gun legislation that a far lefty would have pushed? From what I have seen he has given gun owners lots of new privs. Not exactly what a Lefty would be doing do ya think?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (257Ackley, 22kHornet, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 67 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,694
Posts18,534,578
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.