-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is my style as well. Benches and LR sniping. Although both are fun and I try to do some of each on each outing. My Avalanche interior is FULL of 22LR and 22WMR empties rollin and rattlin 'round smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is something my Dad has always wanted to do. Now that he's retired, I hope to put something together for him! Is there public land or landowners that would be receptive to hunters?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I dont know about Washington but most farmers/ranchers will let guys shoot. Considering the person asking, ground conditions, etc. It sounds really bad but the way a person looks/acts says alot about how that person might treat another persons property.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dan360
This is something my Dad has always wanted to do. Now that he's retired, I hope to put something together for him! Is there public land or landowners that would be receptive to hunters?

Down this way its not that hard to find places to shoot..

don't know how far you are up in Washington...but I am sure there are places to be lined up easily in NE Oregon also..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dan360

over here its not hard to get permission for gophers(technically Richardson's ground squirrels).....prairie dogs can be hit or miss and at this point i dont have permission for any private land towns but their lil cousins are so common i dont spend any real time looking for prairie dog towns to shoot over.....

gophers tear up gravel roads pretty good and most farmer/ranchers like them thinned out....in high school(late 90's) my buddies and i had access to a dozen ranches and it was preferred if we showed up as often as possible....

Last edited by rattler; 03/11/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We live about an hour and a half from Portland. My inlaws are in PDX, so we are in Oregon quite a bit. My Dad's retired now, so he can go whenever. Finding time to do a knock and talk would probably be the best thing. It would just suck to be unproductive because its a long trip otherwise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nothing ventured, nothing gained..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dan 360,

PM sent, with my phone number. Call me after Church today and I will help you with some specifics. Plenty to go around! Several guys from here at 24hrcf have pm'ed me wanting help, there is NO shortage of good places to shoot or targets. I have been considering going into the guided varmint hunt business but for now I think I will just take guys from here for just some help with travel expenses to get to the killing fields and back because that is my limitation these days, lots of time but no gas money. Also need help lifting bags of ammo, shooting benches etc due to my health. I Especially want to take those from here who are taking a kid or a Dad. I have a soft spot for such things smile

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 03/11/12.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW i got my first gopher of the season.......but i used the wifes GMC Yukon XL and smoked it on Highway 2 over by Browning MT this morning grin hope to head out to my uncles after work tomorrow 22 in hand and see whats out....

Last edited by rattler; 03/11/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I got about 20 Richardson's in mid Feb -- males were just coming out. We've had plague so the populations are a fraction of what they once were. I have to hunt for them now.

My favorite 22 LR shell is the WW Power Point. A bit more accurate and it hits harder than most as it's a 40 grain with a huge hollow point.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sheridan: we just got about 350 of them west of your position by a tad... grin

Shooting is slow so far...still a bit early.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
nothing ventured, nothing gained..

Big time, I learned long ago to get out and do my scouting and landowner relationship work and find my spots all on my own. I do not like to rely on others to do things for me.

One of my best finds "field of dreams" is something like 36 sections of contigous pd's. I find it worth the time and effort to get out and never consider it a waste of time if it's a dry run.

I have a fair number of chuck colony's that I found the hard way as well. My best summer was 431 chucks or something like that. It was a bit rough on the old 7 Mag tube....grin

Just my way

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 03/12/12.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

drove almost the length of the Hiline yesterday as we went to Kalispel this weekend for the state Walleyes Unlimited banquet.....the drive home was rough, saw plenty of gophers and i hadnt thrown a gun in the Yukon before leaving cause we had a full load as friends went with us crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No gun in the Truck? Must be a Pink Subaru.... smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by ingwe

drove almost the length of the Hiline yesterday as we went to Kalispel this weekend for the state Walleyes Unlimited banquet.....the drive home was rough, saw plenty of gophers and i hadnt thrown a gun in the Yukon before leaving cause we had a full load as friends went with us crazy

Why did you not stop and buy me a beer?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cause we were in Havre for all of 5 minutes to gas up.....long [bleep] drive from here to Kalispel and we tend to haul arse there and back....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Unacceptable.

And if Poo-Bah doesn't stop by here soon, I'm going to buy him another .204. That'll teach him some manners.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol...will work on getting up there for a day this summer.......course you could bring the kids down and meet the lot of us for a weekend on Fort Peck aswell...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hell yeah! You just let me know. I've never been down there and love fishing.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
will let yah know, usually start heading up there regularly mid May.....usuallly 3 families are camping together and though our kids are older than yours a couple more running around wont matter....

Last edited by rattler; 03/12/12.

Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,953
Posts18,480,406
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.