Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Right to work passed judiciary committee by a 7-6 vote today in MN.

Too slim if you ask me, it should have been 8-5 but one republican actually crossed over.

Now it needs to pass house and senate floor so that it can be put to a public vote on the Nov ballot.

We are very much in favor as my wife is one of the many labor hostages of a union. Very much against her will, she would love to have the right to opt out and perform her job free of the union.

I have my fingers crossed that it makes the ballot. If it makes the ballot, it WILL be voted into effect.

If this goes all the way, I believe MN would be the 24th state to become a "right to vote" state.

This is so very important for so many reasons. For one it would greatly reduce the cashflow that is poured directly into the dem party and the overall liberal agenda.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Right to work" also helps to reduce wages, so Americans can compete with mesicans for cheap labor. Your taxes won't go down however.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wife is afscme against her will. Her non union counterparts with less seniority earn higher wages and they don't pay dues.

Maybe the unions are to thank for her non union coworkers higher wages? crazy

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's going to be a tough, uphill battle to get the amendment passed. along the lines of the protests in Wisconsin last year. The union thugs are already crowding the halls of your State Capitol with their signs and chants of "kill the bill!".
They may need you and your new toy for union-thug management.

[Linked Image]

Have an A1 Day!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I live in a right to work state. I kind of like it. Haven't seen where we are in big need of unions. We seem to get the job done just fine and make a decent living as well.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm glad I am a member of a trade contractor union (Millwrights), but I truly believe everyone has a right to work, and I strongly disagree with "thuggery". I really don't think guys should be able to interfere with non-union jobs, and harass people about "going union"...

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear
"Right to work" also helps to reduce wages, so Americans can compete with mesicans for cheap labor. Your taxes won't go down however.

THIS.

I understand having to offer competitive labour on a global scale, but our cost of living isnt gonna go down when all of our 25$ an hour jobs turn into 15$ ones.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I'm glad I am a member of a trade contractor union (Millwrights), but I truly believe everyone has a right to work, and I strongly disagree with "thuggery". I really don't think guys should be able to interfere with non-union jobs, and harass people about "going union"...

Good points. It will be interesting to see if the "right" to work is honored should it pass.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No unions in China and it is working great for them.

Great wages, benefits, retirement, friendly work atmosphere,...

Last edited by stray round; 03/12/12. Reason: speline
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't have any problem with unions or anyone who wishes to belong to a union. All I ask is that others give me the same respect and opion to NOT belong to a union.

If a gruop of individuals wants to form or join a union, they should have that right and try to convince as many of their co-workers as they can to join their efforts. Those rights should be GUARANTEED for everyone.

At the same time, if they are unable to convince me or anyone else to join their union.....my right to NOT belong to their organization should also be GURANTEED. The right to work should NOT be tied to union membership, just as their right to work should not be tied to being non-union.

If a state (or company) can require union membership to remain employeed.....the same should be legal in reverse. A state (or company) should be able to vote that union membership automatically makes a person illegal to employ.

I'd love to see the uproar if a state were to pass a law that said any member of any union was NOT allowed to work in that state.....because of their union affiliation. To me, if a state can REQUIRE union membership, then it should be able to outlaw that membership. You can't have it both ways.....either right to work AND right to outlaw.....but not one and not the other.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As a former MN resident, I am happy to see that reality is finally dawning on some folks back there...

is sanity returning to the Twin Cities or is the rest of Minnesota finally overcoming Twin Cities liberal lunacy?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Unions are the reason for China doing so well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
Unions are the reason for China doing so well.

You clearly missed the sarcasm.....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Indiana just passed a right to work law. We'll see what happens in our state.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oh, ok

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The right to work.... FOR LESS. Realize that right to work states have the lowest hourly wages in the nation, and the highest unemployment numbers.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
China is bit better off than Detroit...hell caves in towel head country are...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by acooper1983
The right to work.... FOR LESS. Realize that right to work states have the lowest hourly wages in the nation, and the highest unemployment numbers.
BS on the highest unemployment...

Highest wages for jobs that monkeys can do...maybe

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i bet you couldnt do my "monkey job" ? So many people confuse skilled labor crafts with the UAW.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (160user, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 163bc, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 38 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,654
Posts18,533,853
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.