Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fatjack34
"There is an ass for every seat!"

Someone's an ass because they price a gun higher than what some other folks think it's worth?

I can see that for a common or even rare model, but there's less than a handful of these known to exist.

He's a dealer in higher end stuff, I don't think he minds holding onto the ultra-rare items until somebody wanting it comes along.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My recent example of the money the Julia auction took in comes to mind - I can see why a seller would want to get in on that smile Rory is right - that EG is rare in .22 HP - rarer than a Bullard wink

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Wonder why it didnt get relisted?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My only point is this...we (most) sit here and complain or muse why Ralph is not selling his rifles...take away what it is worth to anyone here. Somebody may think it is worth 25 G's...who cares! Ralph is fishing and has set what he is comfortable hooking up for bait. If he gets some dude come in and offer 50G's because to that dude it is what he is willing to spend on something he wants, who really cares? And who really is the one to say "RIDICULOUS!"? Anyone of us? We can, but it won't make a piss hole bit of difference. Ralph will have got his money and the buyer has got his trophy and 99% of us will call the buyer a butt-munch who just got [bleep]! Who cares! Thus...there truly is an ass for every seat...and Ralph not being in any rush to sell or not sell is his business. He is comfortable in that knowledge and luxury. You just never know. Like I said in another thread...neither the seller or the potential buyer is sweating gasing up or paying the oil bill!

*edit for lousy spelling!

Last edited by fatjack34; 03/14/12.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Who's gonna bring the popcorn, this thread is gonna get good.

Try swallowing this, Joe. grin grin grin

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jericho
Wonder why it didnt get relisted?

His bid fluffer is on vacation?

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like the bid fluffer's were out in full force. They email or phone and get the reserve, then take it dangerously close to the reserve. So if you play their silly game and bid, you get stuck.
Count all your fingers before doing any dealing with Ralph...and then count them again afterwards. You'll be a few fingers lite of a handful.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jed 1899
Looks like the bid fluffer's were out in full force. They email or phone and get the reserve, then take it dangerously close to the reserve. So if you play their silly game and bid, you get stuck.
Count all your fingers before doing any dealing with Ralph...and then count them again afterwards. You'll be a few fingers lite of a handful.

It's best to keep your fingers in your pockets and not try to invade that love triangle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If any of you are interested, Gene B and I will be meeting at the Wisconsin Welcome Center on I90 for a turn and turnabout butt kicking. This is the one we BOTH passed on for 1250. I would have bought it if the seller had come down twenty-five bucks.

Hard lessons come in two forms; the ones you shouldn't have bought, and the ones you should have. The should haves are much more bitter and longlasting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laffin here Dave! True. True.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I don't want to participate, but I'd PAY just to observe!!!!! grin grin grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
...And if you reply 'yes', then he'll put you on the express elevator, going 'up'!

YES!!!!! I have hunted with a solid frame 22HP!!! Hello ticket to the top!!! Might even hunt with it again soon... hoping to take that very rifle to the range this weekend and shoot some nice handloads someone was willing to put together for me. laugh

Andrew
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Drew - put in a good word for me smile Looks like I am going to need it. I have two takedown .22 HP's that I've had for years and I will not only not hunt either, I won't even fire either. And, I have .22 HP ammo, bullets, brass and dies! I would have thought I'd feel better given my big confession....

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
It would appear Boltman that you need to step into Gnoahhh's confessional, and divest yourself of those temptations! I'll gladly risk the fire and brimstone on your behalf. I'll PM my mailing address if you like... laugh

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ralph tried to sell me one 4 years ago for $13,000, i laughed at him !!!!!! there rare but not worth anywhere near that money !!!!!JMO.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
It would appear Boltman that you need to step into Gnoahhh's confessional, and divest yourself of those temptations! I'll gladly risk the fire and brimstone on your behalf. I'll PM my mailing address if you like... laugh

That's what I like so much about this forum... so many guys standing in line waiting to help a guy out wink

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
i agree on the lack of common sense,too rich for my tastes

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know of one that sold in this condition here in VA about 5 months ago for $3K.

I just applied for MT elk/deer and also going on a CA bear/deer hunt, so I passed.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
But Jeff, that would've been the perfect rifle for that hunting trip...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thats right, no tigers or gorillas in MT.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.