-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
I have both a CZ and 597 WMR and like them both and they're pretty much equal in accuracy. The choice for me is whether I feel like a auto or bolt on a particular day.

Here's an article that may interest you on someone testing his 597 with various ammo.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle
Originally Posted by avagadro
Originally Posted by 1minute
.... One of my requirements is that the magazine (if DETACTABLE) must be flush with the lines of the stock. ...

Kinda hard not to love a 77/22 smile

Until you drop 600+ on one and it won't shoot moa @ 50yds.

Yep....Then your stuck with a pretty rifle or paperweight.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
CZ all the way,while there are many good rifles out there and im not knocking anyones choice but the CZ bolt action line up offer outstanding fit finish and accuracy i haven't seen equaled for twice the price,and ive owned many !!! IMO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by wareagle
Originally Posted by avagadro
Originally Posted by 1minute
.... One of my requirements is that the magazine (if DETACTABLE) must be flush with the lines of the stock. ...

Kinda hard not to love a 77/22 smile

Until you drop 600+ on one and it won't shoot moa @ 50yds.

Yep....Then your stuck with a pretty rifle or paperweight.....

I haven't had that problem with my first three (4th is a bit stubborn but will come around) ..... Sure a crapper is coming my way eventually, law of averages says so. Thus far my first three 77/22's shoot as well or better than my 452 CZ Varmint ... which ain't too shabby smile Actually it's a bit less shabby now that it has a Rifle Basix trigger installed and set to 1.5#.

Kinda funny how some are willing to massage a CZ and brag about it, BUT if you have to do similar to a Ruger it is a POS. I will admit that more (read higher %) 77/22 need massaged if trigger work is excluded from the list.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have one of the original 77/22 All-Weather guns with open sights and the boat paddle stock....it is very accurate with the ammo it likes but has a bigger problem when scoped...zero shift...

I have had three different proven scopes on board and from session to session the group will move and require then gun to be resighted in. None of the other rimfire guns I own do this. Someone put peep sights on the gun and that is how I shoot it now....

Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thx again for allll teh input! I know we alll have those certain gun/brands/models that are the ones we love the most.

I had a 77/22 in LR for quite a few yrs and after a trigger job, it was one of the most accurate .22 LR i ever owned or shot! Like i said, i sold it and have somewhat regretted it! But right now, I also have a lead on one in .22 mag that if accuracy proves itself, will have to come home to me! I love the looks of them and if accuracy holds as has been proven to me they can, (with a good trigger), then yep.... my search could be over. Never could get a lead on a twin of my 597 laminated bull bbl...dang. Oh well...either one would have needed a trigger job.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
never had to massage any cz's to shoot tight groups,i can't say that across the board on the rugers,not that they were bad,just not on par with the cz's i own and that is based on my experiances as we all know rimfires can be fincky as to thier diet

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I used to see Marlin bolt action 22 magnums everywhere, but
now I hardly ever find one. I always thought they were good
rifles.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The search is over..... went back to one i let go, and the price was too good to pass up on.

Ruger 77/22 VBZ! Yes, it will get a new volquestren trigger sear/spring adn that will be about all i have to do. Cant wait to start plinking!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ruger 77/22 Mag VBZ. Just feed it Remington Premier 33 grain vmax or Winchester Supreme 34 grain bullets

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1936M71, 257 roberts, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.