Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Here is Mr. Maher's response when his 'comedy' is compared to Rush.

http://gma.yahoo.com/four-questions-bill-maher-090047377--abc-news.html

Pure BS doublestandard.

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Excuse me....a minor correction...Maher is BS

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
The first time I caught a few minutes of his "show" a few years back was the same day I cancelled my HBO subscription.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a problem for me. I agree with him in the context of the interview.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't stand that [bleep] grin of his or his sarcastic arrogant humor. He isn't running a comedy show...he's running a political show. Just seeing that bastid irritates the heck out of me.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If all decent people would drop HBO, they would can him. Rush at least apologized. Libs usually never apologize. I wish people from both sides would debate the issues and the BEST way to handle them instead of refusing to budge or listen to the other side. Dems are usually worse than Reps, but it does run both ways.

R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I ousted Rush many, many years ago.
Don't see the need for anyone/either of this type in my life.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
His arse is jealous of all the crap that comes out of his mouth.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would like to run into him in a dark alley. wink

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When my kid brother ran a pathology lab, two of his staff were Polish engineers � brilliant fellows, both.

Polack jokes were every-day fare there, enjoyed by everyone except when one guy told 'em with obvious animosity and contempt for Poles.

That element is unmistakable, deadly, seldom really funny or even witty, too frequently neither perceived nor addressed. It should be identified and denounced by honorable people. But it's often that very element that makes derogatory jokes "funny" to some people.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
okok - Me first! smirk

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll bet you all love Dave Miller, right? (pun intended)

So do I, the guy is funny, what makes him funny is that he's a looney tunes right winger, the positions he takes on some things are ridiculous.

Maher is a looney tunes left winger, some of his positions on things are ridiculous.

The common thing they both share is that they are hitting on some degree of factual events, it's their looney and irreverent spin that makes it funny.

They are irreverent about things people take way too seriously.

If you think one is funny and the other isn't you are way too nutted up and biased.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 243WSSM

So do I, the guy is funny, what makes him funny is that he's a looney tunes right winger, the positions he takes on some things are ridiculous.

Maher is a looney tunes left winger, some of his positions on things are ridiculous.

The common thing they both share is that they are hitting on some degree of factual events, it's their looney and irreverent spin that makes it funny.

If you think one is funny and the other isn't you are way too nutted up and biased.

Point well taken.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope Maher is just a rude assshole...nothing funny about the man at all. Funny thing is I don't have cable or satellite so I don't have to see any of them wink

There is a huge difference between comedy and being a completely rude jackass.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
When my kid brother ran a pathology lab, two of his staff were Polish engineers � brilliant fellows, both.

Polack jokes were every-day fare there, enjoyed by everyone except when one guy told 'em with obvious animosity and contempt for Poles.

That element is unmistakable, deadly, seldom really funny or even witty, too frequently neither perceived nor addressed. It should be identified and denounced by honorable people. But it's often that very element that makes derogatory jokes "funny" to some people.

You actually hit that one on the head, pointed out an aspect I wasn't thinking about in my prior response.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get beat up pretty badly now, incoming. grin

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 243WSSM

I have never heard Miller use the language that I have heard Maher use.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by okok
I would like to run into him in a dark alley. wink

This is what I like to hear.

What would happen then? Would you care to elaborate on what would happen in that dark alley? Too many just change the channel instead of changing the game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Maher could bring any wit to bear on any person or situation, he wouldn't have to rely solely on crude language. Even insults can be witty without filth.

Then there's the greater challenge to wit � being complimentary in a witty way without being saccharine, cloying, or smarmy. Maher could never hope to be thus.

(I set this as a life goal when I was sixteen or so. 'Tain't as easy as being nasty, but it's possible. And it's been a "fun" ride, with both satisfaction and rewards, ever since that first day sixty-five years ago!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Note to self:

Sit at Doctor Howell's feet for as long as possible.... and take notes.....lots and lots of notes....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,760 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.