Print Thread
Hop To
R
rickc Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
anyone have any experiance getting a hunting/target permit changed to concealed carry in upstate NY ?

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
what county are you in?

personally, I've never known anyone who didn't get an unrestricted right out of the gate so I can't help you there, but if you still live in the county that originally gave you that ridiculous restriction I would think it will be a major PITA unless you know a judge. They are the ones who will say yea or nae on the request.

you might have better luck asking here.

Last edited by bbassi; 03/15/12.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I had my non-carry permit for a year. I wrote a letter asking the judge to lift the restrictions after one year. I was one of the few fortunate ones that they allowed restrictions lifted. This is in Onondaga County.

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard of people here in Orange County getting it lifted. It all depends on what judge you get. I've been told that there is a family court judge handling some permit issues and she makes everyone show up and get sworn in before she issues a permit or signs an ammendment.

Other judges only issue full carry....depends who you get.

Dna

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
ask out on the Hunter's campfire
More folks out there.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, since I live in the most corrupt state in the Union that has NO provision for concealed carry, that question need not be asked.

In Texas, I taught concealed carry. You couldn't legally carry a handgun unless you went through the training and passed the final test and the firearm's proficiency test...period. Peace Officers made allowances for folks who were obviously just coming from purchasing a firearm or were otherwise engaged in lawful sporting endeavors; but the way the Texas law is written it is so vague, I believe it could be challenged and defeated at each step along the way to the USSC.

R
rickc Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
FYI Saratoga county

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I had my fulton county permit restrictions removed. I wrote one paragraph letter to the judge stating I had a clean record and wanted them removed, I didn't give a reason for the removal. She wrote a note back and it was done. I sounds like anyone without recent criminal convictions would have them removed in Fulton county.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
A quick note, I would go to a gunshop in Saratoga county or the sheriffs department and ask the procedure. The ladys at the Fulton county sheriffs civil division are friendly and helpful, its possible that the Saratoga county ones are as well. A decent gunshop has probably heard enough feedback to know as well.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
rickc Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
thanks i'll check in to that,the ladies at saratoga just said write a letter ,im a member of NY rifle and pistol association and they tell me my judge is anti carry and vote him out next election

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,679
Posts18,493,859
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.