-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Tebow could be successful in the right circumstance, like the Ravens Super Bowl team, where he was only asked to manage the game, not carry the team. Few teams are built like that though.

War Damn Eagle!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tebow will be in the NFL for about 3 years and move on to a televangelist. laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tebow will end up going home and play for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Funny all the folks harping on Tebow. I remember the Almighty Elway lining up and trying to receive a snap from a guard, the poor guard swatting at him to get him to move. sick grin

Tebow knows who the center is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Funny all the folks harping on Tebow. I remember the Almighty Elway lining up and trying to receive a snap from a guard, the poor guard swatting at him to get him to move. sick grin

Knowing who the center is is fine but making good decisions quickly and then delivering the ball accurately is what is required.
Tebow can't do those things and IMO will never be able to do those things.
He's just not an NFL quality QB.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Knowing who the center is is fine but making good decisions quickly and then delivering the ball accurately is what is required.

Fact is at any one time there's only about 20-25 guys on the face of the planet that have proved they're "an NFL quality QB" and are still playing at or capable of playing at that level at any one time. Not much shame in not being "an NFL quality QB." To not be "an NFL quality QB" and still manage to help QB your NFL team to the playoffs, and get a win? Pretty special.

I'm also not convinced that with proper coaching, and a little time and experience, he can't get to be a serviceable "NFL quality QB"

War Damn Eagle!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Fact is at any one time there's only about 20-25 guys on the face of the planet that have proved they're "an NFL quality QB" and are still playing at or capable of playing at that level at any one time. Not much shame in not being "an NFL quality QB." To not be "an NFL quality QB" and still manage to help QB your NFL team to the playoffs, and get a win? Pretty special.

I'm also not convinced that with proper coaching, and a little time and experience, he can't get to be a serviceable "NFL quality QB"

I guess time will tell but I tend to agree with you. Tebow is in awesome physical shape and seems to be really motivated. He does have his flaws but I hope he at least gets a chance. With all the thugs in the NFL and other pro sports, it's nice to see someone like Tebow.

Denver surely needs more pieces as they were more than 1 player away from being a Super Bowl contender. I think the defense will get better with Manning controlling the offense.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Naturally, I've been a Broncos fan my entire life. And I was rooting for Tebow as soon as that psychopath McDaniels drafted him--Tebow was a spark the Broncos needed, and I think he's a winner. Raw, kinda' different, but still a winner.

Like Les said, Manning is one hit from becoming a vegetable......

But this is freaking hilarious.
Originally Posted by smokepole
[Linked Image]

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Manning is just plain boring. He is good - great even. But about as fun to watch as an automated potato peeler. I'll watch Tebow anytime. Hope he lands somewhere that he can be appreciated.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Yeah, there were times when Elway looked goofy too. Took him 15 years to learn how to throw the swing pass with any kind of "touch". Took him 10 years to learn how to throw from the pocket with any consistency......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrentD
Manning is just plain boring. He is good - great even. But about as fun to watch as an automated potato peeler. I'll watch Tebow anytime. Hope he lands somewhere that he can be appreciated.

That's why I liked Tebow. Prior to their Superbowl wins, the Broncos continued to be one of the last of the old style AFL teams--quirky, rarely dominating, frustrating and fun to watch. Tebow is just like that.

I have this hope the Broncos will keep Tebow--their only paying him a couple million a year......alas, I don't think Elway likes him.......

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Elway got away with ignoring one of the primary rules of football - protect the ball. He always ran with the ball in 1 hand, NEVER protecting it in any way. He seldom got stripped but don't ask me why.

in his left hand, no less:
[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree Tebow is a heck of an athlete and a darn good man as well.
He's a huge asset in the locker room and as a motivator by example on the field.
I'd want him on my team for those reasons but I wouldn't want him as my QB.
Just not convinced you can teach accuracy and good, quick decision making.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The first few years of Elway you could watch him stare down field at a single receiver then tap the ball twice and launch. Made it real easy for interceptions.

Just saying that some decent quarterbacks have real funky starts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Fact is at any one time there's only about 20-25 guys on the face of the planet that have proved they're "an NFL quality QB" ............

This is the reason I never bitch about the huge money payed to NFL players.

There are only around 1700 player in the NFL and only about 700 are good enough to be starters. That is a tiny percentage of the population and these guys have proven that they have the skill to be counted among the top at their trade. If I had a skill only equaled by very very few people in an incredibly profitable venture I'd deserve to be paid handsomely as well.
Particularly if my earning years could be expected to last only a handful of years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Manning's contract contains no signing bonus. $18 mil/year, if he plays. If he gets hurt and walks away, Broncos don't owe him more money or have to eat dead money in the salary cap in future years. Good contract for Broncos, too bad that didn't happen with the Colts last year when they forked over $26MM just to watch him on the sidelines.

Broncos are now talking to Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark. Saturday has maybe one good year left in him, but knows how to read defenses and will help the O-line give Peyton an extra half second to get the ball off. That's all he needs. Clark is done, but maybe Denver considers him an extra safety net, like Brandon Stokely...

Curtis Painter flat sucks, Polian boys got canned because they believed he was a capable backup QB.

Think: If Indy would have had a capable backup QB, they would have won 5 or 6 games last year. We wouldn't have the #1 pick and wouldn't be picking a QB. We would then have kept Manning and this whole circus wouldn't have happened.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I think Manning is starting to look like Bret Favre. There comes a time when you need to take your fame and your money and rest on your laurels...before you end up in traction.

There was a reason the Colts let Manning go. Let's see- an 11 year veteran, four neck surgeries, a lost season, a $28M bonus due if you keep him-
Remember the brilliant decisions the Broncos braintrust have made in the past few years (granted, sans Elway)? Let's see- let Shanahan go, hire that doofus coach Josh McDaniels, trade away several very good running backs and wide receivers, the list goes on.

Remember the hits Tebow took in the last couple of games of the past season? Being a young, strong guy, he was able to recover. But, the Broncos front line was unable to take the pressure off him. Wanna guess what happens the first time Manning takes a solid hit next season?

Every linebacker, defensive lineman, and safety in the league will be gunning for Manning- the sooner they knock him out of the game, the easier their lot becomes down the road.

Not to nitpick but Peyton has been in the NFL for 14 years. He was signed the #1 draft pick by the Colts in 1998. 3 more years in the NFL makes a difference.

There's no doubt that PM will make the Broncos a much better team next season but I don't see them as Super Bowl contenders just yet. They've got a pretty hefty schedule coming up and some tough road games to boot.

I'd been hearing talk that the Pats were in the mix for Tebow but I don't se how they could sign him with 3 qb's already on their roster.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
For all the Tebow haters, go look at Elways stats his first two seasons and then compare them to Tebow. Pretty damn similar stats, regardless of his throwing motion.

If he slims down just a little and learns to trust his arm more than his legs, he will be an elite quarter back in the NFL. He needs to be coached. Hell you think Elway and Manning were able to check off receivers and go to second, third, option their first year.

I talked to an NFL player one time. He said the jump from high school to college was tough. The jump from college to the NFL was just plain crazy. The speed, strength, physicality, and the skills professional players possess is friggin' unbelievable. Takes time to adjust.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by trevore
For all the Tebow haters, go look at Elways stats his first two seasons and then compare them to Tebow. Pretty damn similar stats, regardless of his throwing motion.

If he slims down just a little and learns to trust his arm more than his legs, he will be an elite quarter back in the NFL. He needs to be coached. Hell you think Elway and Manning were able to check off receivers and go to second, third, option their first year.

I talked to an NFL player one time. He said the jump from high school to college was tough. The jump from college to the NFL was just plain crazy. The speed, strength, physicality, and the skills professional players possess is friggin' unbelievable. Takes time to adjust.

There is one very big difference between a young Elway and a young Tebow - and here on this board we need to appreciate this. Elway had .300 Weatherby Magnum for an arm. Tebow? Kind of an old muzzle loader with no rifling. Not very strong and not very accurate, but occasionally you hit your target.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1Longbow, 1234, 257man, 06hunter59, 160user, 219DW, 48 invisible), 1,777 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,210
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.