i'm up for helping out...

I can't spell... Deal with it...
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm game +P

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys I've been sick, and had a sick household, I've been away for a few days. Wildone I will PM you to see the final details on getting my money for the binos to you or Doug. Not sure of the final details.

Thanks,

Matt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Guys I've been sick, and had a sick household, I've been away for a few days. Wildone I will PM you to see the final details on getting my money for the binos to you or Doug. Not sure of the final details.

Thanks,

Matt

Man, sickness sucks. I know I was very ill several weeks back, to the tune of losing 50-60 pounds in a month sick. I couldn't get shipments out and felt terrible about it. My mom also got diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time so I understand how such a thing can mess up your best intentions.
I hope you and your family are on the mend!

The people here are great and they'll understand completely.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure I can find something for young James but is there a deer hunting rifle out there for him?
I know Paul mentioned a .204 and FOst has offered up that very tacticool .22 but neither are deer rifles.
Maybe someone has a 94, 336, or a Savage they'd like to sell cheap?
I regret that I do not.

Sounds like a worthy young man to me though.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow, you guys are great! I should have mentioned that my bros and I would love to get him something ourselves, but just couldn't swing it--one is the sole breadwinner of a family w/ 3 kids, one is a broke student, and I am a (equally broke!) seminarian. For our trip we're just planning to go somewhere a few hours away for a couple of days and stay at a friend's place. Nothing fancy, but it does require a rifle! Don't worry if it doesn't work out, though--I'm just grateful to you all for even considering it...

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by dclayton
Wow, you guys are great! I should have mentioned that my bros and I would love to get him something ourselves, but just couldn't swing it--one is the sole breadwinner of a family w/ 3 kids, one is a broke student, and I am a (equally broke!) seminarian. For our trip we're just planning to go somewhere a few hours away for a couple of days and stay at a friend's place. Nothing fancy, but it does require a rifle! Don't worry if it doesn't work out, though--I'm just grateful to you all for even considering it...

When is this hunting trip taking place? I might be able to help, depending...

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The trip is happening over Thanksgiving weekend--so Nov. 22-25, 2012. BTW, I like your signature--I had very much the same realization when I was in Iraq back in '05.

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by dclayton
The trip is happening over Thanksgiving weekend--so Nov. 22-25, 2012. BTW, I like your signature--I had very much the same realization when I was in Iraq back in '05.

Okay, that's doable. Check your PMs!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PM checked. AlaskanMatt, you are a *very* generous and fine Christian man! Consider James accounted for, all the way from Afghanistan.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, quite a few generous folks on this forum are building a custom 35 Whelen for me, so I am more than happy to pass it on to a youngster who needs a rifle!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, it's nice to see generosity catching! Again, thank you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is catching and very rewarding.

Makes a guy feel good to help out.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"It is more blessed to give than to receive"

I find it is often also more FUN to give than to receive. ;-)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well nobody gives more, in reality and potentially, than do those fine young men and women who sign on the dotted line to serve this great Nation in our military.

May we always have folks willing to do so.

Thank you Matt!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It is my distinct honor to serve, and I am grateful for your gratitude!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All veterans and active military have my undying gratitude, always have and always will.

I was honored to serve as well, USN 1983-1987.

I served during peacetime but of course I could not have possibly known that would be the case when I signed up.

That is why ALL veterans have my respect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also love your sig line and will add that for me nobody appreciates their great good fortune at being born an American than someone who has seen how most of the rest of the world lives.

It had and continues to have a profound effect on my appreciation for this great Nation.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Very nice thread guys. Show me again that the "fire" is filled with first class people.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
well gents, got the scope in and the rifle scoped up and the box filled with goodies.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

not going to be able to make it to the UPS place till saturday due to work issues. but i think the wait is worth it. i coated it with a rust preventive cause lord knows they will soak the box in water just to upset me!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (2500HD, 222ND, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,934
Posts18,479,981
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.