-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The young man I was referring to who needs a deer rifle is the lad nominated by dclayton.
Sounds like a worthy recipient to me, he has my vote if we can find a suitable rifle.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
nsaqam, I'm really grateful for (and moved by) your generosity towards a boy you've never met. AlaskanMatt has stepped up in a big way to help too-maybe you could talk to him to see what you could help with. God bless you!

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This latest round of generosity was begun by the amazing offer of a sweet rifle by Paul Walukewicz and he deserves all the credit for getting this ball rolling.
I'm just doing my very small part because it makes me feel good to do so. I feel I get as much out of this as does the recipient as I'm sure all the other fine folks who've stepped up do as well.

Now we need to find that young man a rifle.
I'm sure someone out there has a old 336 or a 94 or a 110 they'd be happy to sell for a good price for this young man.
I'm certainly in for money towards it and I'm sure I could dig up some other stuff to throw in as well.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dclayton, let us know what needed and lets see what we can do, sounds like Matt is securing a rifle. I'm in just need to know what kind of rifle or what the need is

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, I had no idea that Matt was getting a rifle for this young man.
I cannot wait to see the details.
I'll start looking around for stuff to send him, I have a few things in mind.
The generosity keeps on rolling at the Campfire!

Awesome, just awesome!

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
dclayton, pm me your address and i'll send this along...

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah, it's an amazing thing! His dad was at work when I called, but you should have heard his mom when I told her--it took some convincing to convey that that kind of generosity was for real! When it did get through, she just said, "He's going to be beside himself!"

Whoa, I just saw the update! It just continues--thank you, toad! James is going to have a full kit, it seems. And that is just about the prettiest knife I've ever seen--I hope I don't have too hard a time convincing him to get it dirty on the inside of a deer! lol

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dclayton, does the kid reload? Is he willing to learn to reload? Does he have a mentor to supervise his reloading?
If yes then I'll have a few things to add.
If not then I'll have to look around some more.

Toad that is truly a beautiful knife and an incredibly generous donation!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With Root poking his diseased head into this thread, has anyone given any thought and consideration to the potential dark side our generosity could illicit?

Unfortunately, there are folks among us that would eagerly take advantage of our generosity. Any thought on establishing a stringent (within reason) vetting process to try and assure the donations actually go where and to whom intended?

Food for thought....

Everyone obviously is free to decide for themselves, however, my personal position is to shun any and everything associated with Larry Root. Sadly, the family and youth in question may be of need. However, to my mind, anyone and any situation associated with Larry is tainted based by ample evidence of his past history, postings, and behavior on this and several other Forums.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no trouble helping a true child in need, but not one of Larry's kin. I'm not wired that way as I would t own and hunt several custom rifles as I currently do while my kin doesn't even have a decent rifle. Something would be for sale....

I'm In for kit for the kid we find for Fosteology's .22 and for kid and for Dclaytons and every other true need child we get involved with but not for one where the need isn't real.

Yeah the rifle Paul donated is going to my friends child but up until then he hunted either my .300wsm Montana or me semi custom .257 Roy. He used one and me the other a that's all I own is a few good rofles

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dclaytons. How about a list of what te young man can use and we can all pick something we have to spare... Just a thought

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately FOst, until the recent entry of Larry into this thread (I am so very sorry I egged him on to contribute to this thread but I thought he might contribute rather than nominate someone!) I hadn't even given dishonesty a moments thought!

How would you propose we vet the recipients? I tend to believe dclayton's story about his young man but that is only based on a feeling and nothing more.
I'm at a loss.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MA is a seven year member here and I believe his story without the slightest reservation but dclayton is very new here without an established track record on which to base a judgement.
Like I said, I tend to believe him based on gut instinct alone but is that enough?

Larry's entry has opened a can of worms which could throw a wet blanket over this entire endeavor. Such a shame and to my everlasting regret.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
With Root poking his diseased head into this thread, has anyone given any thought and consideration to the potential dark side our generosity could illicit?

Unfortunately, there are folks among us that would eagerly take advantage of our generosity. Any thought on establishing a stringent (within reason) vetting process to try and assure the donations actually go where and to whom intended?

Food for thought....

Everyone obviously is free to decide for themselves, however, my personal position is to shun any and everything associated with Larry Root. Sadly, the family and youth in question may be of need. However, to my mind, anyone and any situation associated with Larry is tainted based by ample evidence of his past history, postings, and behavior on this and several other Forums.

Same here on Roto Rooter Root. On this new rifle deal for clayton's (or whoever else we deem worthy) kid.....I have an older Simmons Whitetail scope I'm not using that is quite serviceable. If you guys think it'll work I'll throw it n the deal. If not I'll take no offense and find some other way to contribute.

Last edited by JGRaider; 03/22/12.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JG, I think that Simmons would be perfectly fine and most generous of you to offer it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Consider it done then. Is clayton's kid the kid or are we still making sure? Someone just tell me who/where to send it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think now that Larry has sown the seeds of distrust here we will have to somehow vet dclayton and the young man.
I wish it weren't so.
As for me I believe the man.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
No prob. I'll ante it up for the next project regardless of who it is.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i have no doubt in my mind that clayton's nephew is for real! one must take chances in life and if you get screwed over doing good well, at least you were trying to do good and that, in and of itself, is the most important thing!

i started this thread to put a rifle that i've never shot into the hands of a kid who might not have the opportunity without it and that was all. i'm not surprised by the generosity of the folks here and i do applaud you all for your gifts to all the youth who could use it. I know that WE as a group should be able to tell if someone is real or not and AS a group decide weather or not to proceed. i for one would hedge my bets on the side of generosity vice being conned. We all know Root is a tool and not to be trusted but the guys that know of kids on here are generally well known and have been here a while to develop a report with and a knowledge of weather or not they are dip chits like Root!

TOAD,

if you have any other ingrams, i'm a deserving kid!!!! grins

That is one hell of a knife and i hope the kid truly appreciates it for what it really is!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I'm with you on this Paul, I trust this dclayton guy.

I also agree on your stance on taking risks.

Now we need a few questions answered about what this kid can use. Once we get those the contributions will roll in.

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,897
Posts18,479,271
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.