Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Im starting this post to hear stories about the strange critters you guys have seen. Yesterday I was driving home and saw a half albino moose. It was only white on 50% of its body. Very weird. Last year I had a coyote in my trapline with about 8 inches of its tail doced. (no it wasnt somebodies pet)

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I heard moose are supposed to white; that brown is recessive gene.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Some white and calico moose have been seen around the Kasilof area. Pard has a pic of one on his wall.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thats where I saw her! I saw it down by the Kasilof beach rd. but on the opposit side of K-beach. Small world. Could have been the same one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Inacoons, the mythical little people of the Arctic. They stand about three feet tall, yet strong enough to carry a caribou carcass for miles.
They have spinache-green warty skin, long pointed noses, with nose hairs that wiggle like spider legs with every breath. Their eyes are bloodshot and jaundiced, bulging like ping pong balls.
They are known to travel upon bears like a cowboy on a horse.
Most unusual is the fact that they hibernate, which may explain why they are not seen very often, and are even doubted by most not to even exist.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had two diffrent hunters tell me they seen a whitest Black Bear on one of the Islands down here.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy [bleep]!

Nice to see you post again Rusty.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mattm907
Im starting this post to hear stories about the strange critters you guys have seen. Yesterday I was driving home and saw a half albino moose. It was only white on 50% of its body. Very weird. Last year I had a coyote in my trapline with about 8 inches of its tail doced. (no it wasnt somebodies pet)

seen similar mutations in whitetail deer, would not surprise me in the least if it showed up in moose.....the mutation that causes it is pretty basic and found in quite a few species.....

Last edited by rattler; 03/22/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Someone went and opened the door...and let a breath of fresh air in!

Welcome back, Rusty! smile

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting to me that this thread came up at t his time. Just yesterday, my wife told me that one of the women where she works saw an albino moose up by the Hilltop Cafe. It's on the Elliott Highway, about 16 or so miles out of town. I can't verify it but....
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I have heard 2 Bigfoot stories (first hand) from Prince of Wales Island sightings.

Both these people know what they think they saw and have only told a few people about it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems like albino moose or some variant are seen regularly around Alaska. I know atleast one member on here has taken a very light colored (possibly albino) sitka blacktail.

Last spring a friend of mine got a picture of a white phase-black bear on his trailcam.

Deal with it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ropes

I have heard 2 Bigfoot stories (first hand) from Prince of Wales Island sightings.

Both these people know what they think they saw and have only told a few people about it.

If it had 3 legs, that was just me communing with nature.

Deal with it.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Originally Posted by ropes

If it had 3 legs, that was just me communing with nature.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
Inacoons, the mythical little people of the Arctic. They stand about three feet tall, yet strong enough to carry a caribou carcass for miles.
They have spinache-green warty skin, long pointed noses, with nose hairs that wiggle like spider legs with every breath. Their eyes are bloodshot and jaundiced, bulging like ping pong balls.
They are known to travel upon bears like a cowboy on a horse.
Most unusual is the fact that they hibernate, which may explain why they are not seen very often, and are even doubted by most not to even exist.
........some of the girls of who u speak; were at the golden eagle in ester last friday nite.......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brian... it is nice to be back at the old campfire. Its interesting how I made the return... it was a post of yours from 2004, asking where I was. I discovered it by google search of myself yesterday. So, I thought I'd take a look-see in this place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bearhuntr... thanks for the fine welcome. I figure I might stay a while.

atvalaska... Gotta watch out for them kind... they get mighty pretty the more you drink.
"She's a super model, dude. And I'm marrying her tonight!"

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Rusty-

I am sure that if you have been in Kotz for a while you can tell them about shrew bears and the Mooseman of Kobuk.

They still playing Elvis on KOTZ?

Sincerely,
Thomas

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A few years ago we watched a cow moose with one spike antler on one side. She had her young calf with her.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shrew bears and the mooseman don;t ring a bell.
Elvis is played regularlyu. My wife likes his music, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,881
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.