Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
WETIBBE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://www.americanpatrol.com/

14 th Armored Brigade. They're on the border.

Be sure to click on the video. It's Lou Dobbs and you'll see the troops armed to the teeth.

Question:

What's this Possom cuminatus or Posse Comitatus or that goobbledygook that lawyers spout about troops not able to perform civil defense operations ????

Bill Tibbe

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
WETIBBE, if you knew half of what you espouse, you'd know what the Posse Comitatus act is, what it does, and why it's there.

If you don't, well, do yourself a favor and do some homework.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I went directly to CNN to look for the story, it wasn't there. I suspect video manipulation in addition to a "yeah, right" question.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went ... the video is there. The troops are there on training exercised preparing for deployment in Iraq. While there they are assisting Border Patrol in finding illegals esp at nite time.

The troops however, are not directly intercepting the illegals but passing the information along to the Border Patrol. It is unsure how long the troops would be in New Mexico.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a training opportunity! Practice for Iraq with real training here at home. Catching "bad guys" and learning how to deal with real unwilling adversaries. This should have been done years ago. kwg

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The training is good for them, but let them take the restraints away so that Mexico gets the hint. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Outstanding! One can only hope that one of them Mexican Army humvees crossing the wire might fire upon the wrong people and draw fire in return...

...prob'ly not much chance of that happening though.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even if it did, we'd never hear about it!

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Disagee. At least if the liberal press ever finds about it.

Hopefully alien Humvee gets blown away and no one talks to our news media - but the word will get around south of the border.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These guys showed up with the Minute Men (as did a new Border Patrol check station just east of Tres Hermanas). They are on a campout. They do not patrol but do sit in their armored vehicles and scan the area with night vision gear.

As the map with the story showed, they are distributed between Tres Hermanas and Hachita, a distance of about twenty miles. South of Hachita, there is another 40 miles of fence (north-south on the east side of the Boot Heel) and about 50 miles of east-west fence with no military presence. Likewise, the 60 miles of border between Columbus and Santa Teresa (west of El Paso) has no presence. My guess is that these guys do not have loaded weapons, although I haven't bothered to stop and talk with them.

They will go away when the hoopla dies down.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What a shame that the can't stay there instead of shipping out.

muddy

"A good judge applies the law as it is, not as she wants it to be", Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Do you think they've been authorized to fire even if fired upon?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Nope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Several years ago, the Army Corps of Engineers Reserve Unit built a road for several miles against the fence on the U.S side of the border west of Columbus, New Mexico, paralleling it, so that the Border Patrol could drag it and cut sign right on the border. They bladed creosote bush, dozed and hauled and graded for at least six months. When the road was finished, the BP agents began using it. Folks in Mexico sat on the hillsides south of the border with rifles and plinked at the Border Patrol units. These days, BP is apparently prohibited from returning fire across the international boundary, so the Border Patrol quickly abandoned their use of the road.

Next idea?

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Same here....gutless aproach, IMHO.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 11 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,212
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.