-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just don't leave loose cash laying around. These two are a little feral...

Travis

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol, no worries, sure they will fit in fine.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman
... I have a soft spot for such things smile

MARK

I thought that skull plate fixed that for you?? wink

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by avagadro
Originally Posted by safariman
... I have a soft spot for such things smile

MARK

I thought that skull plate fixed that for you?? wink

It was SUPPOSED to! The Mexican Surgeon that put that in after the taxi cab accident in Cabo warned me sternly "Be very careful, this plate is HOT!" smile smile smile

Last edited by safariman; 03/12/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mine has more color...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Its been pretty nasty around here. Cold, snowy, and windy so gophers havent been out much. Shot a few earlier in the week while out feedin animals at the ranch. Its supposed to be warmer this week but of course wind comes with it.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Been schitty here as well.

Bring on the spring...

Travis

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Went out to the range today to shoot some test loads. I was in the middle of shootin a group when I caught something moving out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and two male gophers were rollin around fighting less than 10 feet from me. The loser gave up and ran right towards me and I couldnt see him anymore. I failed to notice the hole right under the bench. I looked under the bench and he was about a foot away from my foot.
[Linked Image]

Tried to stomp him and he ran off to a hole about 10 yards away. I loaded up a 95gr Btip in my 243 and waited. He came out and stood proud and then some how took flight.
[Linked Image]

I lost the other one but eventually he came back out also. I loaded up a 140gr Fusion in my 7mm-08 and from about 10 feet away, he grew wings and exploded also. He took a 140gr does of Extenze and grew a little. lol
[Linked Image]
This is how far he flew from the hole...he is straight back from the hole
[Linked Image]

Here they are after their little dispute was settled...I think its safe to say they are now BFF's lol
[Linked Image]

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nice pictorial DT...

Hope to have some pics next week...if I dont lose my friggin camera again!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think he hit it.

Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tough to tell if it was a direct hit, or a "flesh" wound...with a .243 grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DeerTracker

Here they are after their little dispute was settled...I think its safe to say they are now BFF's lol
[Linked Image]

Hard to tell which one was more effective. laugh

Looks like the actual cause of death may have been severe trauma combined with fairly massive blood loss. Course you'd need a coroner to be more specific. grin

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
When I go I hope it is that quick.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Tough to tell if it was a direct hit, or a "flesh" wound...with a .243 grin

nawwww.. that's what a psychiatrist calls a 'split personality'....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I killed a ground squirrel with my bow a few days back, does that count. grin

Someday I hope to do some varmint shooting like you guys are lucky to be able to do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Winnie1300

Someday I hope to do some varmint shooting like you guys are lucky to be able to do.

It only counts if there's massive carnage.

Three years ago I had found some local places to shoot squirrels on people's property. I had a .17hmr with an 8-32x scope on it. The ones we were shooting were between us and a little pond so our longest shots were 125 yards and shortest at about 60. With the big scope shooting off a rest I was making really neat head shots that were relatively clean compared to the body stomach shots my friend was making a mess with.

I was telling him I wasn't going to pick his up to put them in a bucket anymore, they were too messed up to pick up. He told me to stop being a puzzy and start seeing what massive carnage shots were all about. So okay, I started making stomach shots when I could have just as easily been making neat head shots.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
Originally Posted by Winnie1300

It only counts if there's massive carnage.

Three years ago I had found some local places to shoot squirrels on people's property. I had a .17hmr with an 8-32x scope on it. The ones we were shooting were between us and a little pond so our longest shots were 125 yards and shortest at about 60. With the big scope shooting off a rest I was making really neat head shots that were relatively clean compared to the body stomach shots my friend was making a mess with.

I was telling him I wasn't going to pick his up to put them in a bucket anymore, they were too messed up to pick up. He told me to stop being a puzzy and start seeing what massive carnage shots were all about. So okay, I started making stomach shots when I could have just as easily been making neat head shots.

When I hit Oregon sage rats that have been eating wet alfalfa with my cute little .243 WSSM loaded with Varmint Grenades, there wasn't anything to pick up! Never saw such carnage, they literally disappeared into specks of red goo. Rat parts, soil fragments and bullet shrapnel cut a neat tunnel into the standing alfalfa like a tunnel boring machine. Never saw anything like it. Never thought about picking up the dead that don't disappear, as the eagles and hawks do clean up duty.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
40 grain ballistic tip via 204 at maybe 30 yards...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,985
Posts18,481,012
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.