Print Thread
Hop To
E
E Blair Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Hey, just wanted to run this by you guys, just so you know I have been paying attention and have learned a lot. I think I will find a used Pedersoli Sharps, cut the barrel down to 18 inches since it doesn't matter anyway because I will load my own smokeless cartridges. And the benefit is I will only have to clean it once a year. It will be a deer killin' machine. Plus I can hang a target on the laundry line and shoot it off my back porch. And it should be great for competition matches since you can win those with a Handi Rifle, that is if you really know what you are doing.

So thanks for all the help! laugh

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can do anything...if you know what you're doing. That's usually the deal breaker here.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swampman1
You can do anything...if you know what you're doing. That's usually the deal breaker here.

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even if you haven't admitted it, it's clear as the hole in your face.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by E Blair
Hey, just wanted to run this by you guys, just so you know I have been paying attention and have learned a lot. I think I will find a used Pedersoli Sharps, cut the barrel down to 18 inches since it doesn't matter anyway because I will load my own smokeless cartridges. And the benefit is I will only have to clean it once a year. It will be a deer killin' machine. Plus I can hang a target on the laundry line and shoot it off my back porch. And it should be great for competition matches since you can win those with a Handi Rifle, that is if you really know what you are doing.

Sounds like a plan

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by E Blair

I think you're supposed to mix up your loads, too. That way it keeps you on your toes since you aren't sure whether you're shooting Unique, IMR3031, Trail Boss, or Bullseye. grin
Before you get good at judging your loads by sight, you should keep them in separate coat pockets, though.

Also, to keep up your gunsmithing skills, NEVER put your Sharps on half-cock.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You completely missed the point of the video. No suprise there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm kinda' halfway interested in that not all that heavy Sharps, Mr. Blair.

If it's still around, would certainly appreciate a heads up, and a POC, via PM.

18 pounds ain't all that heavy for a REAL buffalo rifle, ask Ranch13 about the little one I kinda' "threw together" some years back.

Don, was that 24 or 26 pounds that "Gunzilla" weighed ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You completely missed the point of the video. I was putting together an instructional [color:#6600CC]"How to Break Your Firing pin on a "74 Sharps" video, you ass whole ! No suprise there.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/30/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You completely missed the point of the video. I was putting together an instructional [color:#6600CC]"How to Break Your Firing pin on a "74 Sharps" video, you ass whole ! No suprise there.

He fell asleep in computer night courses, and third grade spelling too....dang the bad luck!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He fell asleep in computer night courses, and third grade spelling too....dang the bad luck!

Says the guy who spells surprise wrong a few posts above.

You completely missed the point of the video. No suprise there.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What does it take to get you guys (incl. me) to simply quit responding to this moron, Swampman? Quite playing the fish and taking the bait.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know. I'm just postin' to piss you off. Do what you wish.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrentD
What does it take to get you guys (incl. me) to simply quit responding to this moron, Swampman? Quite playing the fish and taking the bait.

It's as close as I'll get to messing with retards so why not?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What about when you mess with yourself?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don't forget to use ear plugs!!

[Linked Image]
8590752-young-man-attempting-suicide-with-gun by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 2500HD, 51 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,438
Posts18,489,412
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.