Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Anyone have any hands on experience with the Benjamin Marauder in .22 or .25 ?
Also anyone use the hand pump ? how much effort is involved ?
Thanks

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't have one, but here's some vids....

This guy knows his stuff on airguns..!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have watched all of Ted's videos. The boy can shoot an airgun.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have one in .22 about 2 years now. Really like it. I use it mainly for shooting European starlings. I have shot some groundhogs with it just to see how it worked. It worked but I would not recommend it for groundhogs ,at least not in the .22 version. Would be interesting to see what a .25 does

For starlings, pigeons, sqirrels, crows, etc, it's perfect.

Quiet, very accurate, and a lot smoother shooting than a spring gun.

The pump works, not to much effort IMHO, I'm 40 and in decent shape, but wouldn't run any marathons.

After 2 years the pump just went south.

I have it apart and seems a fairly simple rebuild with o-rings, but that remains to be seen for certain. I'll know as soon as I get some o-rings together.

�Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.� - Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes he sure can, I am looking at getting one, for the sole reason, I can target shoot on my property with out making nuisance. The closest public range in 78 miles away. Looks the the Benjamin Marauder might just be what I am looking for. Any kind of shooting is going to be a worth while.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Marauder .25 caliber. My only airgun. Mounted a 4-16X mildot scope on it. It is very accurate with JSB Exact pellets and that's all I shoot. I have access to a 70yd indoor range so I know what the gun is capable of for accuracy. The barrels on the .25's are made by Green Mountain. I kill pigeons and Starlings with it in my yard and at work out of the billboard signs. They go down when hit!
I like the 8 shot mags and have three of them with me.
I just received the HDD from AofAriz. I'll install it pretty soon along with a dePinger. I fill with a 3300psi 100cf SCUBA tank. Hand pump takes to long and is a lot of work so I hear. The .25 is a hunter's gun. It may not get the number of shots per fill that the .22 gets but things die when hit.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I have a Marauder .25 caliber. My only airgun. Mounted a 4-16X mildot scope on it. It is very accurate with JSB Exact pellets and that's all I shoot. I have access to a 70yd indoor range so I know what the gun is capable of for accuracy. The barrels on the .25's are made by Green Mountain. I kill pigeons and Starlings with it in my yard and at work out of the billboard signs. They go down when hit!
I like the 8 shot mags and have three of them with me.
I just received tI fill with a 3300psi 100cf SCUBA tank. Hand pump takes to long and is a lot of work so I hear.

I a not being critical of you for using scuba tanks etc, but their is a lot of Bullschit about hand pumps on the internet.

Unless you are lazy or handiapped, ,pumping the Marauder up with a Hand pump is no big deal. It's all I use- I have the same 4 year old gen 2 Benjamin hand pump that came with my Discovery Combo I bought in 2008. It works fine.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like I said, I never used a hand pump just heard the feedback on them. Glad you like your pump.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How is the .22 for overpenetration on starlings and the like?

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
well you don't want your tin roof behind a starling. Don't ask how I know....

But you can adjust the valve and hammer if you like tinkering to slow it down.

�Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.� - Henry Ford
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ruger438
well you don't want your tin roof behind a starling. Don't ask how I know....

Hee Hee.. grin

Usually, it's no trick to get a nice gaping hole on a Starling.

I did head shoot one the other day up pretty close with my Marauder (which is set to full power ) and got an interesting result.

I hit it right in the eye from an upward angle from the side. I used the Crosman 14g HP .22 cal pellets and heard a solid WHACK when I hit him at about 20 yards.

I rolled him over and there was NO exit at all. The pellet must have hit the thickest part of the skull and stayed there..

Weird.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
S
S
I picked up a Maruauder a few months ago just for fun target practice in my yard and basement. I'm not big into airguns, but wanted something to plink with since I cant make it to the range that often. Even though it was a bit expensive, it is the best money I've spent on a rifle in a while. Great for practice: quiet (not silent, but less than a spring rifle), accurate and inexpensive shooting. I really like mine. First time I shot it in my basement, granted only 10 yards, it was all into one jagged hole. What sold me was it is a bolt action repeater, so you can practice your hold and trigger, without having to break open the rifle for each shot. Get one, and shoot the hell out of it. I tried hard to use it to practice my form, and on range day with my centerfire rifle,I was shooting very well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sawcut
I picked up a Maruauder a few months ago just for fun target practice in my yard and basement. I'm not big into airguns, but wanted something to plink with since I cant make it to the range that often. Even though it was a bit expensive, it is the best money I've spent on a rifle in a while. Great for practice: quiet (not silent, but less than a spring rifle), accurate and inexpensive shooting. I really like mine. First time I shot it in my basement, granted only 10 yards, it was all into one jagged hole. What sold me was it is a bolt action repeater, so you can practice your hold and trigger, without having to break open the rifle for each shot. Get one, and shoot the hell out of it. I tried hard to use it to practice my form, and on range day with my centerfire rifle,I was shooting very well.

What caliber is your rifle in?

I sure like my .22 MDR

To all gunmaker critics-
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You will enjoy one if you decide to buy...

Allen

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.