Print Thread
Hop To
Page 894 of 1,842 1 2 892 893 894 895 896 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
So it that crane doing some sort of mating dance ritual?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I guess they will do that dance at any time of the year but more often and most frequently now during their mating season.

It's tough to get decent shots of them because it seems 80-100 yds is as close as we can get to them.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinMy compliments!!! You obviously hit a clean 10X with the gift of the PamCam grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
It's tough to get decent shots of them because it seems 80-100 yds is as close as we can get to them.

That's nuthin for your .220 Swift!

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hell I could pick em off with a .22 long rifle at that range grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pretty good drumsticks on em too.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I do believe you could beat the hell out of a set of drums with those ... sticks.

lol!!
grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I do believe you could beat the hell out of a set of drums with those ... sticks.

lol!!
grin

Thats about what they would be good for. I had crane at a game feed once. sick

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Howdy from Holland! Got online here after tons of trouble. My impressions....they ride a TON of bikes. pedal bikes. Tons. Thousands. Hundreds of thousands. I am not exagerating. THey have a parking RAMP for bikes. And the funny thing is, you would think they would have really nice bikes, right? Nope, total junk. Take to the dump type of junk. AND THEY SELL FOR $600 OR MORE! we could all retire if we could sell a shipload of bikes over here.

because of that, you see very few fat people over here. graffiti everywhere. everthing is expensive and there a people everywhere. food is okay at best. 4 people were all excited that I try the frites. It is their signature food, they are awesome...yada yada yada. They are excited about french fries. No kidding. I didnt have the heart to tell them McDonalds has already built the french fry empire.

I have seen thousands of cars...and 1...count it...1 truck. They all drive little teeny cars. $8/gallon gas (almost all taxes) will do that to you I suppose. I have been taking the train, which works reasonably well for me here, but it isnt my style. ND, would you wanna give up your truck to ride on a train everyday?

Talked to a guy who lives in a $1.3 million dollar house in Amsterdam. It is 2800 square feet including the teeny tiny garage where he has to fold in his mirrors on his teeny tiny wannabe car. He has to pay big bucks ($1000) to get a permit to park his car and another permit to park in his own garage! I couldnt help but tell him I can park 6 cars in my garage for free. or 30 in my driveway for free. or anywhere in 98% of the state for free.

Be glad you live where you live. Well except for Bill. Bill has to live in Wisconsin...... eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How are the hookers? Pricey as everything else I 'spose.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Be glad you live where you live. Well except for Bill. Bill has to live in Wisconsin...... eek

You're just jealous BM. grin

Just remember, in Holland they have Dikes and Dykes. Don't get the two mixed up. confused

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Thats about what they would be good for. I had crane at a game feed once. sick

I've learned that anything called a "feed" is a good thing to avoid when hungry. That said, I don't much care for crane either based on the one time I've had it.

Any of you guys chase spring white-geese up (over) there?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I picked up kendra's action today for her new rifle. its a charles daly mini mauser. looks awesome, can't wait to get it back from McGowen in a few weeks

lefty, correct? Jealous as green-suited pimp over this one! Pics as it comes along, please.

Support your local brewer.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You and tzone with your green suited pimps. And tzone and berrataman for the comments about hookers. I thought this was a wholesome family oriented thread and that kind of stuff took place on the Hunters campfire thread! We need a moderator here!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That was the moderated version.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Must be the self moderated version since ND is engaged in car modifications and Mrs ND is busy taking pictures of cranes. Just shows your self restraint!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
She ain't out takin pictures.... Mrs. ND is in the shop making sure Dave gets the road runner done so she get her truck in there. laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The group here reminds me of that group of Vikings in the Capital One commercial.LOL.
Linda and I took Charlie dog to the county humane society to get neutered and micro chipped today.The cost of having this done there is less than half of what our vet charges.While we were there we looked at the rescue dogs for adoption.We wound up adopting an almost double of Charlie.Al though this one is not a Bishon but is a Maltepoo,he is almost a twin except for a narrower face.Five years old and VERY obediant.A rather settled dog who has bonded to me like Charlie did to Linda.I cannot take a step but he is right behind me.The two of them will do well together and we are tickled to have both of them.
Linda took the obligatory picture of me in the recliner with both.
I hope the trip to Amsterdam is good Berettaman.The taxes and cost of permits to park in your own garage astound me.What are "frites"?The food in different countries is very interesting when you get down to the local stuff.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Stan! That seems to be the deal with most rescue dogs. They know you WANT them with you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pointbock
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I picked up kendra's action today for her new rifle. its a charles daly mini mauser. looks awesome, can't wait to get it back from McGowen in a few weeks

lefty, correct? Jealous as green-suited pimp over this one! Pics as it comes along, please.

yes sir it is a lefty action, I should be sending it out to McGowen sometime this week. not sure on their turn around time but I know its not very long and I really like those guys up there. I tried the trigger on it, and it is a little stiff, though she says its not bad. I'll see what I can do about it anyway.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 894 of 1,842 1 2 892 893 894 895 896 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.