-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well then, I can tell ya - Timothy is going to be one EXTREMELY happy young man! He has a Henry mini-bolt single shot .22. I bought it for him when he showed me at age 7 with his BB gun that he could follow my firearms safety instructions. He's not going to know what to do with himself when he discovers he doesn't have to re-load after every shot!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All of Timothy's friends are going to be in awe of him with that cool rifle!

What a freaking wonderful place this really is!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree! I've been a part of quite a few forums, and this one just breaks the mould. Here's the picture I shared with Seafire. This is Timothy a few years ago at age 9 on a hunting trip I took him on the last time I was here in Afghanistan, while on R&R leave. He's 12 now.

[Linked Image]

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No finer owner for that tacticool .22 in my opinion.

Lord knows that young man has likely sacrificed a lot having his poppa gone doing work to ensure we all get to live the lives we choose.

Gives Matt and his boy something to do together.

Too damn cool in my book

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
well guys, I am glad my suggestion has some favor here...

I know we have a lot of good candidates available out there..

I'd like to make a suggestion, if anyone else has a 'cool' 22 that may be sitting in a closet or gun cabinet and not getting enough use...

maybe consider it going to the young man Mr Crockett was suggesting...his description almost sounds like my son... Eagle Scout, High School Senior... very high GPA ( Valedictorian Potential..) college bound... Medical Field...

wish I had one that cool laying around...so anyone else out there might have one they can spare?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't know Timothy, but if he's anything like his old man he's a very worthy recipient of FOsteology's generosity!

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
any luck getting a picture of the pile of gear?

I can't spell... Deal with it...
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Well then, I can tell ya - Timothy is going to be one EXTREMELY happy young man! He has a Henry mini-bolt single shot .22. I bought it for him when he showed me at age 7 with his BB gun that he could follow my firearms safety instructions. He's not going to know what to do with himself when he discovers he doesn't have to re-load after every shot!

Sounds like you will be going through a bunch of .22 fodder. Send me a mailing address, and I'll get a brick of .22rf to you.

Chris

NRA Life Member

"All hunters should be nature lovers"
~Theodore Roosevelt~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a quick pic of the loot pile guys. Please excuse me using my entryway as my den is a mess due to us not having finished moving in yet. These kids are so well set up due to the generosity of all of you.

In the picture under the ear muffs and behind the loading manuals there is a larger cardboard box, it doesnt show in the picture but that is a full NIB Lee Challenger kit sent to me direct from Cableas by TBaker.

More pics to follow upon delivery to the boys.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WOW!

That's better than Christmas and a Birthday all rolled into one!

Glad the other boys are getting some stuff too.

Three cheers for the Campfire!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mallard,

I'm assuming that Cabela's gift card found it's way to you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fosteology,

Sorry for my lapse in following up with you. Yes i got the gift card a few days after it was sent. Your gift card was used as part of a cabekas purchase to get the younger boys binos and a backpack for the middle boy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Very good stuff! Thank you to everyone who helped out! This is way better than I had hoped.

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
Very good stuff! Thank you to everyone who helped out! This is way better than I had hoped.

It all started with you Paul!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Said it before and will do so again, it's amazing what can happen when a group of people with their hearts in the right place get behind another's generosity.

Not just this thread but Winnie1300's, AlaskaMatts, AlaskaMatts son, all prime examples of paying it forward to better another.

It's too bad the mainstream media wont ever report on sportsmen doing things like this for one another rather just bad chit that happens. Not that any of us did it for recognition.

Pics of the handoff, smiling boys and probably a few tears from their mother will be posted

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Here is a quick pic of the loot pile guys. Please excuse me using my entryway as my den is a mess due to us not having finished moving in yet. These kids are so well set up due to the generosity of all of you.

In the picture under the ear muffs and behind the loading manuals there is a larger cardboard box, it doesnt show in the picture but that is a full NIB Lee Challenger kit sent to me direct from Cableas by TBaker.

More pics to follow upon delivery to the boys.

[Linked Image]

It's Happy Campfire Day!!!

NRA Life Member

~Theodore Roosevelt~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt

Sounds like you will be going through a bunch of .22 fodder. Send me a mailing address, and I'll get a brick of .22rf to you.

Chris

Chris,

I appreciate that, but since I live in Alaska it won't be possible. I already checked into getting ammo shipped up, and the hazmat fees are cost prohibitive unless one is ordering enough ammo to stock a shooter's supply shop.

Folks, I haven't been on for the last day because all of our communication was shut down. Those of you who have been deployed recently, or have loved ones who were know why. My brigade lost a soldier yesterday due to an IED, along with a military working dog. They "blackout" communication to keep the deceased's family from finding out through the gossip chain. I don't know his name - he's in a different battalion. But for those of you who pray, please send one up for his family. frown

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will add your list soldier to my prayers this evening as its the least I can do.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Prayers sent.

NRA Life Member

~Theodore Roosevelt~
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.