Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
When I lived in PA, we always had to sign in on a sheet in order to vote. This was in a small town where even being known did not help if you didn't have your ID. There were only enough names on the rolls for all the registered voters in that precinct.

I get why Voter ID is a good thing. I support Voter ID laws.

What I don't get is, are there areas where you can just show up and vote without being checked off/counted/asked for your name/etc.?

Is that why these laws are being pushed now? There never seemed to be a problem where I was from.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the dhimmicrats want nothing to do with any plan that will prevent voter fraud. Simple as that.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Illegal aliens gotta vote too.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I realize that they want illegal votes.

Bottom line, if you can't sign up you can't vote where I'm from.

Is it not that way everywhere?

I.E. if I go to Arizona and I'm not registered to vote, do I just dip my thumb in ink like they do in Somalia?

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by burner
What I don't get is, are there areas where you can just show up and vote without being checked off/counted/asked for your name/etc.?

I don't thinks so. I have always been required to provide my signature next to my name on the voter roll here.

One thing I don't get is that in states with voter ID laws, absentee ballots are frequently exempt from the same ID law, no ID required.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by burner

Liberals will do anything to get what they want.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Its a solution in search of a problem; in reality designed to disenfranchise groups who traditionally vote Democratic.

Voter fraud is exceedingly rare (see p. 6 here: http://archive.demos.org/pubs/Analysis.pdf); certainly not a large enough problem to warrant hampering the right to vote.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HTF is it hampering the right to vote, you have to have Picture ID to cash a check, pick up med prescriptions, AYFKM. Most states have a FREE state issued ID if you don't want or need a driver's license. Typical Libtard answer!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Its a solution in search of a problem; in reality designed to disenfranchise groups who traditionally vote Democratic.
Like dead people and illegals.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Eric308

Voter fraud is exceedingly rare (see p. 6 here: http://archive.demos.org/pubs/Analysis.pdf); certainly not a large enough problem to warrant hampering the right to vote.

And yet another liberal lie emerges.please note the SOURCE of this bullshit data point. There is no compelling logical reason (other than an attempt to defraud) NOT to show valid identification to vote as it is NOT a Constitutional right.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
What specific criticism of the report's research methods do you have, Jorge?

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What specific criticism of the report's research methods do you have, Jorge?

demos.org....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

These people on this forum just haven't a clue as to what a bitch it is having to: 1-pull my wallet from back pocket.2-open said wallet.3-pull voter ID from said wallet.4-show ID to polling worker. Then, I have to put it all back together and into my pocket!! mad Completely RUINS MY [bleep] DAY everytime I have to go through it!!

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
demos.org - the site never says who it is. Probably because it don't need no I.D.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Eric, you are just another lefty troll. Here, for your edification, is ANOTHER example of dhimmicrat voter fraud.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-election-fraud-in-2008/?test=latestnews

Sam......

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I cant believe this is even worth a breath of bad air here. We house, school, feed and treat medically hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens daily and no one is going to jail. Certainly not the brown gown huggers who are federal employees...

Immigration laws
Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

1.) assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

2.) encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

3.) knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.
4 years ago

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
* Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

* Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact; has committed a federal crime.

"Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable." Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B)

I cant go to school but I am paying for thousands of felons to do so. I dont have medical insurance but I pay for thousands to have it. If one of them wrecks my car and kills my kids I I I I I pay for it. And people are worried about an ID....

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You have to register to vote, before you can vote. How far in advance varies by state. You have to be on the list to vote. No doubt there's some voter fraud; how big a problem it is may be anybody's guess. Back in 2008, Cutting Edge wrote a great article on it Voter Registration Fraud. It isn't that unregistered voters get to vote; it's more like gaping holes exists to screen those registering. Of course, if 3% of the registered voters are illegal, that's bad.

Both sides engage in forms of voter fraud. The Dems seem to wink, wink, nod , nod, at ineligible voters who they know will largely support them (although "Poll Guards" can also be intimidating. GOP fraud is grayer, in that it tends to focus on mechanisms to limit voter access in Dem-favorable districts, usually through the allocation of resources and polling locations (see Ohio 2004; and mysterious vote swings....

And nobody knows what the hell goes on inside computerized voting machines.

Would seem to be pretty simple: verify citizenship when someone registers. No big deal. That would virtually eliminate registration fraud. Keep paper ballots. I don't think absentee ballots make a big difference, if the registration is screened. stealing a ballot, or 100, isn't going to swing an election.

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Voter fraud is huge - I ran for County Supervisor once, there was a house with 11 registered Democrats, only no one mowed the lawn or ever answered the door, all of them voted. And this is a small community.

The Democrats are wining by stealing elections across the country.

They oppose ID because it will slow down their take over.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Flyfast
You have to register to vote, before you can vote. How far in advance varies by state. You have to be on the list to vote. No doubt there's some voter fraud; how big a problem it is may be anybody's guess. Back in 2008, Cutting Edge wrote a great article on it Voter Registration Fraud. It isn't that unregistered voters get to vote; it's more like gaping holes exists to screen those registering. Of course, if 3% of the registered voters are illegal, that's bad.

Both sides engage in forms of voter fraud. The Dems seem to wink, wink, nod , nod, at ineligible voters who they know will largely support them (although "Poll Guards" can also be intimidating. GOP fraud is grayer, in that it tends to focus on mechanisms to limit voter access in Dem-favorable districts, usually through the allocation of resources and polling locations (see Ohio 2004; and mysterious vote swings....

And nobody knows what the hell goes on inside computerized voting machines.

Would seem to be pretty simple: verify citizenship when someone registers. No big deal. That would virtually eliminate registration fraud. Keep paper ballots. I don't think absentee ballots make a big difference, if the registration is screened. stealing a ballot, or 100, isn't going to swing an election.

This is kind of where I'm at. Eliminate electronic voting (fraud possibilities rampant) and verify citizenship upon registration. ID is easy to fake if you already have enough fake background to get registered in the first place. ID might even be easier to fake.

I'm just surprised that there are still areas where this is such a problem -- if 1,000 people are registered and 2,000 show up, 1,000 have to go home, ID or not, it would seem.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
Voter fraud is huge - I ran for County Supervisor once, there was a house with 11 registered Democrats, only no one mowed the lawn or ever answered the door, all of them voted. And this is a small community.

The Democrats are wining by stealing elections across the country.

They oppose ID because it will slow down their take over.

So people showed up claiming to be the individuals owning this property and voted? That makes sense then why ID would be necessary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,920
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.