Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Of course the registered Dems in Del Norte don't answer the door or mow the lawn. They're all up tending their grows....

Murphy was an optimist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Originally Posted by burner
What I don't get is, are there areas where you can just show up and vote without being checked off/counted/asked for your name/etc.?

I don't thinks so. I have always been required to provide my signature next to my name on the voter roll here.

One thing I don't get is that in states with voter ID laws, absentee ballots are frequently exempt from the same ID law, no ID required.

Are you sure about that? I know in Alaska you have to provide proof when you apply for an absentee ballot, if you don't then your application doesn't get processed and you don't get to vote.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Since we never have anywhere near 50% of the registered voters cast a ballot, the idea that 2,000 try when only 1,000 exist isn't going to happen. The Dems make sure the undocumented get to vote to increase the percentage of their vote and it still never gets to any "Full" level.

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I realize that they want illegal votes.

Bottom line, if you can't sign up you can't vote where I'm from.

Is it not that way everywhere?

Some places, like MN., you can show up with a dozen+ 'friends' and 'vouch' for them... Laughable..

Rife for fraud...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What I don't get is, are there areas where you can just show up and vote without being checked off/counted/asked for your name/etc.?

1) There are states which allow same day registration, basically show up, register to vote, and then vote. Some without producing any ID. Wikipedia says:
Nine states have some form of Election Day voter registration: Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Wyoming and Washington DC. Montana began Election Day voter registration in 2006, North Carolina in 2007, and Iowa in 2008. Connecticut and Rhode Island also have Election Day registration, but only for presidential elections. (North Dakota, unique among the states, has no voter registration requirement at all.)

2) There is always the issue with trolling the obits for people who died in the last 6 months, then showing up and voting as them.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9-uVhhIlPk0[/video]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Eric308
Its a solution in search of a problem; in reality designed to disenfranchise groups who traditionally vote Democratic.

Voter fraud is exceedingly rare (see p. 6 here: http://archive.demos.org/pubs/Analysis.pdf); certainly not a large enough problem to warrant hampering the right to vote.

Another cockroach seeking America's destruction reveals itself.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun

1) There are states which allow same day registration, basically show up, register to vote, and then vote. Some without producing any ID. Wikipedia says:
Nine states have some form of Election Day voter registration: Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Wyoming and Washington DC. Montana began Election Day voter registration in 2006, North Carolina in 2007, and Iowa in 2008. Connecticut and Rhode Island also have Election Day registration, but only for presidential elections. (North Dakota, unique among the states, has no voter registration requirement at all.)

2) There is always the issue with trolling the obits for people who died in the last 6 months, then showing up and voting as them.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9-uVhhIlPk0[/video]

Thanks, this helps to put some perspective on the issue. I ws surprised that it was a problem because I assumed the registration process was similar for most states.

So, I really didn't get what the big hubbub was about. Amazing that North Dakota has no registration whatsoever!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't they have to at least check their ID to verify their age?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
Voter fraud is huge - I ran for County Supervisor once, there was a house with 11 registered Democrats, only no one mowed the lawn or ever answered the door, all of them voted. And this is a small community.

The Democrats are wining by stealing elections across the country.

They oppose ID because it will slow down their take over.

So people showed up claiming to be the individuals owning this property and voted? That makes sense then why ID would be necessary.

They all voted using Absentee ballots.

Last edited by siskiyous6; 04/04/12.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its a solution in search of a problem; in reality designed to disenfranchise groups who traditionally vote Democratic.

Voter fraud is exceedingly rare (see p. 6 here: http://archive.demos.org/pubs/Analysis.pdf); certainly not a large enough problem to warrant hampering the right to vote.

Typical Stupid Democrat answer

If you are to dam stupid to get a ID to vote , then in my opinion you are to dam stupid to be voting anyway.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ricky D. said, " Like dead people and illegals." My maternal grandfather died in 1945 and the family knows for a fact that he was still voting in 1960! Of course, this was in Cook County, Illinois, where voting is done "early and done often"! Obammy's training grounds, too!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What specific criticism of the report's research methods do you have, Jorge?
Oh, just little non-important things like dead people and out of staters voting dimocrap. Nothing YOU would really be concerned about. Remember several years ago when Washington state voted for governor and many counties had more people voting dimocrap than what even lived on the county in question and Pres. Bush asked the AG to investigate and was told that since the state's AG was a dimocrap he didn't really give a flying [bleep] and would never prosecute any dimocrap for stealing an election. So, Bush fired 7-8 AGs over the country and the press and dimocraps went apoplectic. Problem he was well inside his legal authority to do so. Dimocraps and press were not concerned that when Clitman took office he fired all of them over the entire USofA thouh it took him quite a while to fill the spot with hand picked dope smokers.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/04/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sensibilities need to be put to the whole process of voting, I don't have a problem having to show some form of ID. The problem is what some states are trying to do is going beyond ID to what form of ID is valid, like college ID's used to be fine, as long as the name on the ID is registered what's the deal?

States are trying to exclude demographic groups that will predominately affect one party's voters.

One state was saying you had to bring several forms of ID, many of which people don't have. Also many people do not have a home in their name, they may be room mates or rent a room from someone and they then don't have the "right" ID.

I think it was Texas bringing an interesting combo of what was valid ID while allowing a concealed weapons permit. The idea isn't to keep certain groups from voting, it's to prevent voter fraud.

Meanwhile there was a district race not to long ago that was within 8000 votes (a lot when there were only 60,000/80,000 voters total) where the county clerk reveals three days into the count that her computer mysteriously "lost 8000 votes" that were there, she swears it. Her computer somehow lost these votes and she expected by the gravity of her position as the county clerk that these votes were to be counted. This county whose workers and government were predominately of one party ran on the premise that there was nothing at all wrong with considering these 8000 votes to be as good as the gospel.

I have a problem with redistricting, disqualifying tens to hundreds of thousands of votes, changing eligibility, disallowing military service voters, these are all tricks that have gone on throughout the last three presidential elections, and it's a far greater problem than the individual voter fraud that is not nearly as significant a problem.

Quite frankly I never have trusted a computer system to tally and track votes, any computer used for voting can be monkeyed with to alter percentages of votes.

We need a hard count system and the ability to correctly vet registered voters with ID, not ridiculous forms of ID and proof of where you live.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
...What I don't get is, are there areas where you can just show up and vote without being checked off/counted/asked for your name/etc.?

Is that why these laws are being pushed now? There never seemed to be a problem where I was from.

Every state/locale has different election laws, some more fraud proof than the others. Voter registration rolls are purged for deaths and people no longer living in the district at different intervals, some might not be updated for decades. In a rural area like where I live it's not much of a problem, the election workers generally know everyone in the district and can recognize them on sight, it'd be pointless to try and vote as someone else where I live. However, take a big city like Chicago with many times the voters per voting district and the natural movement in and out of district means that you're virtually guaranteed not to know the people working the desk at the voting place. It would be extremely easy to walk in and vote as Bill Smith knowing that Bill died last year and the rolls haven't been updated. Same thing with people who have moved out of the district. Signatures are a joke, just wrap your hand in gauze and explain that you have to sign left handed because you broke your thumb yesterday. The last signature they have from "Bill Smith" might be from 1969 also, signatures change over time.

When called on the issue the Democrats always claim there's little proof of voter fraud. Of course there's little proof, the system now is specifically designed so you can't track fraud, that's the whole point of making voters show an ID! The claim that ID's are a hardship is bull, everyone has an ID nowadays, especially minorities who have to have one to get on government benefits.

All of the excuses from the left against voter ID laws are complete bunk and show their true colors. The only possible reason someone could be against showing an ID to vote is because their group is benefitting from vote fraud.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well stated.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

it is and has been the law most places. the idea that a minority voter who has to show an ID to register for welfare, cash a welfare check, buy a six pack of beer, board an airplane, open a bank account, buy antihistamines, check into a hospital, drive a car, or do countless other things should be somehow specially inconvenienced by doing the same thing to vote is so laughable no serious person could buy it.

the bipartisan committee appointed by congress to study voter fraud issues recommended it....there is no rational argument against it...other than, it makes voter fraud harder, and the democrats thrive and depend on voter fraud.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's what I am thinking. Austin is probably the most lax of all. "Sanctuary City" , I really don't care for electronic voting we have here.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've said it several times in the past few weeks but if you have concerns about voter fraud become an Election Judge and challenge those who you have reason to believe are voting illegally.
In MN ANYONE at all can challenge the validity of a voter. These ballots are not counted on election day but are instead placed in a separate box for Provisional ballots to be scrutinized by a bipartisan board to ascertain their validity.

Become an Election Judge and see the process from beginning to end and do your bit to prevent voter fraud.

As to Rednecks assertion that registered voters can vouch for others that is indeed true but if he were an Election Judge (or even merely a citizen) in MN he'd have every right to challenge those vouched for voters and if these voters were found to have committed voter fraud both the voter and the voucher would be subject to whatever penalties the law provides for said crime.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,003 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,622
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.