-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 895 of 1,842 1 2 893 894 895 896 897 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cool Stan, I want to see that picture. Rescue dogs are the best! Mom and dad got one from the humane society a couple years ago. She is a great dog, loves kids. She has her wierd quirks though, some kind of funny. Who knows what she went through before they got her. She didn't even know how to climb stairs.

Well something got acomplished today that I never thought would happen. I got all my stuff out of my storage building and in my rental house and garage in less than two hours. With the help of great friends and 6 pickup loads later, it was all cleaned out.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good friends will help you move. Great friends will help you move a body. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 04/03/12.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When we bought built our house in WI, that we moved from to here I had to move stuff in record time.

They wouldn't let us in the new house until we closed, which was at noon. I convinced them to let me stack stuff in the garage starting at 8am the morning we closed. We had to be out of the house we sold at the time of closing...I don't think I've ever packed that much stuff into two trucks that fast in all my life.

My buddy Lucas took his work truck to my place and we filled that truck and mine each about 4 times. The garage at the new place couldn't have held an extra cookie crumb. It was tight.

I told Luke that I'd buy him all the beer he could drink and feed him when we were done closing. I would have been better off $ wise to hire a mover. At 6'5"/300# that boy could drink and eat!

Last edited by tzone; 04/03/12.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ah,the good old younger days of friends getting together to move one another.You could have built several Volkswagens from the empty beer cans.
I'll never move again.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

I'll never move again
Stan in SC

Good plan.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Back home at last. Long travel day yesterday. Tornados in Texas and snow in Denver realy messed up air travel. Also had a electrical issue with our plane that cost us another 2 hours.

Have fun with the new dog Stan.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Ah,the good old younger days of friends getting together to move one another.You could have built several Volkswagens from the empty beer cans.
I'll never move again.

Stan in SC

Thats the truth Stan and now it starts all over again as us 40 somethings have kids ready to leave the nest. sick

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Glad you're home safe Bill!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Glad you're back Bill. Did you get any fishing done?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Didn't make it out Tom. They've had record rains in March that really messed up the fishing . The Columbia river salmon season is being shut down this week.

My son's buddy caught his first salmon of the year on the Willamette last week.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey, I didnt say anyting about hookers!

Stan, frites are french fries. Just regular old french fries. Did you say Maltepoo or something like that? We might have to have a Chickenbuck vote to see if you get to keep give up your Man Card for a week for adopting anything that ends in -poo! The adopting part is cool....that might save your card for ya!

Had my first good meal today since I have been here. The colleague that I am visiting invited me over to his house for dinner and it was very good. Funny part was, he waited until he got to know me before he invited me over. Sure fooled him! He had a nice house and a nice family.

I now know more about the railroads in Europe than any American should rightfully know.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizzly Bill,welcome home.
Berettaman,a Maltipoo is a cross between a Maltese and a poodle.Beau is a slim very athletic solid white male.He and Charlie have quickly become best friends forever.Being five years old he is more settled than Charlie who is five months old but still young enough to be able to keep up and play hard.Some of his better habits are already showing up in the younger Charlie.Learning from your peers.Good medicine.
We are more than happy with the mix of the two.Charlie bonded very quickly with Linda and Beau seems to have bonded more with me.Between the two of them I am,as Dave is fond of saying,as happy as a sped in a room full of bouncy balls.

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We might have to have a Chickenbuck vote to see if you get to keep give up your Man Card for a week for adopting anything that ends in -poo

Couple things here....1) You can't pick on Stan. b) We haven't forgot about the Mini-van incident, so I'm not sure you can call to vote a man card issue. laugh

I now know more about the railroads in Europe than any American should rightfully know.

I'm starting to know more about trains here than American's should know. But....building them is pretty cool.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We don't really have to call it a malti-poo Stan, perhaps we could man it up a bit by substituting something for the poo portion?

Barbone is an alternate name for poodle....

perhaps a maltone?

grin

See what the dog thinks.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Dave and Tzone but my man card is quite secure and has weathered a hell of a lot more than kidding about the breed of dog I bring home.All in good fun between friends anyhow.I thought it was funny.Hmmmm,how about Mal-t-rex as in T-Rex.

Stan in SC

P.S. I wear Crocs also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This should get some good answers. So here I am sitting at the computer and my wife comes in and asks my to take the dogs out to do there duty. I look out the window and count 23 Mule Deer in the front yard some within 20ft of the house and some bedded down. This should get the heart moving. Deer don't take kind to dogs. Any ideas?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like it Stan...t-rex

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Let the dog out... See what he thinks. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
mal-t-rex, NICE!!

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Gets my vote too.

Worked on the mower this AM. Fired off on the first pull. There are 2 times a year that I look forward to mowing the lawn. The first and last times. The first because it's the beginning of spring and the last because deer season is just around the cornor.

Page 895 of 1,842 1 2 893 894 895 896 897 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.