Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Had a Buck 110 hunter since I was 14. Brother and sister went in on it and gave it to me for a birthday present. Now over 40 years later I was using it to quarter an elk and about 1/4" of the tip broke off when I pried a little too hard with it.

Shipped it back to them requesting that maybe they could grind it back off to a point. Now 2 months later, just got it back in the mail. Looks like a new knife, repolished and a new blade in it. Love the American made product and the fact they stand behind them like this.

WIll definitely buy more Bucks in the future and hope to pass this one down some day. Had same kind of luck with Davis Tents and Schnees boots. Still a lot of good companies out there for American sportsman.

Love to hear about other American made products like this as I would support them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RCBS, unqualified excellent customer service.

Kahr Arms has done very well by my customers as has Kel-Tec CNC.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I managed to break the blade of a 20 year old Buck folder splitting the pelvis of a little doe.....sent it back and they replaced it with a new one. pretty amazing service.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
same sorta' and yes and still a USA company.

Good people and a great product.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Leatherman stands behind their products just the same

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have broke two, one tip removing a elk ivory, and another splitting a deer brisket. 703's were not built for that usage.

Buck fixed both for the price of postage to the factory.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Love me some American manufacturers.

And Buck is way up there on my favorites list.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MarkFed

Wasn't it Leatherman who came out against the 2nd Amendment?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've enjoyed similar results with Buck knives, Gerber multi-tools, Victorinox knives, and a variety of products from REI and Cabela's and LL Bean.
I bought a Buck 110 at a yard sale with the blade tip broken off. I sent it to buck and they returned it with a new blade, and polished up the brass and scales to boot, no charge.
I broke the can opener off one of my Gerber multi-tools. Sent it to Gerber, and after a few weeks they sent it back saying it was too old to repair as they no longer stock parts for it. They also sent me a new one, free.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
Yeah, that's how we get and keep "brand loyalty".

Think direction first, then velocity.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
for good customer service I will always pay a little extra. In saying that we have a local Ace Hardware that has the best customer service I have ever seen, and they tend to be the best price. I go to ace everyday sometimes just for the coffee they make an effort to know there customers

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a very similar experience when I broke the tip off mine. Great CS!

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Sig220
Originally Posted by MarkFed

Wasn't it Leatherman who came out against the 2nd Amendment?

I wouldn't know. However I received an old Leatherman super tool as a gift years ago. After a long time of use the tip on one side of the pliers broker while bending a piece of steel. I called leatherman, got a form, filled it out, sent the pliers back. They did not make this model anymore so they sent me the TOP OF THE LINE model in return.

I in no way shape or form wish to support a company that would speak out against the 2nd amendment. I do not know if this ever happened or not. I will however look it up and then make a call on whether I would ever pay money for one of their products.

Mark Fed

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a buck vanguard I broke the tip off of last year gutting ane elk. Will they really replace it?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mark,
I was not trying to disparage you for speaking up for your experience.
I too, have a utility tools of Gerber, Leatherman, and others as well.
After looking it up, it was NOT that Leatherman was against the 2nd Amendment. It was that he (Tim Leatherman) supported John Kerry for POTUS.

Here is a link to his explanation...

http://thebullspeaks.com/2004/11/a-letter-from-a-citizen-mr-leatherman/

My apologies for being less then clear and mistaken.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I sent my Buck back 20 years ago and it was fixed for postage. Still carry it to this day. Great knife, great company.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad had a Buck Prince for so long that the blade was sharpened away so much shorter than normal that the point stuck up above the frame and would nick you if you weren't careful when handling the knife. I contacted Buck and explained the situation and asked if they could fit a new blade to dad's existing frame. They told me to send it in and they'd give it a look. We waited to hear from them and didn't, about the time I thought maybe I should call to check on the knife dad received a package from Buck Knives. Inside was his knife, frame and scales refurbished and a new blade installed. A note was enclosed that explained the work done on the knife, asked dad to enjoy his knife in the future and was billed - NO CHARGE. We were fully prepared to pay for any work done but Buck Knives wouldn't have it. Pretty good folks to deal with... smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good to know as I own about 10 of their products. I did retire a Trapper that was near down to ice-pick dimensions. I got more than my $$$ worth, so I would not think of requesting a rework.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/04/12.

1Minute
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Take a tour of their factory and you will meet loads of very dedicated men and women turning out their product. Really impressive.

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't done that, but have been at Davis Tent and Kifaru, and both had great teams of employees hard at work. Definitely worth paying a premium for these kinds of companies and the Americans working there.

Son has a Mystery Ranch and stopped in there while in Bozeman. First class guys and another first class company in my experience.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
i sent a old supertool back to Leatherman and requested they service it as it had performed years of service but just needed tuning up, in less than two weeks they returned to me a completely new Supertool with sheath and a note informing me they had retired my original design and hoped I would accept thier new design as replacement. When I need a multitool for myself or anyone as a gift you better believe it will be a Leatherman.
Glen

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
US Army 1954-1956
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,196
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.